PDA

View Full Version : what kind of high school schmuck were ya

ericlee
06-14-2008, 06:28 PM
me, started off skating, kept on from junior high. I once pierced my ear with a safety pin and wore this ridiculous snake wrapped around a dagger earring and I had long ass wavy hair.

On my dress up nights, I'd wear my favorite pair of safety pin tight, French rolled Bugle Boys and a sweater. Jovan musk for men was the only thing I could afford but it smelled good on me. Kinda like a muskrat in heat.

I skated to school before I got my car and I had a little Sony boombox blasting out cassettes of shit ranging from Ride the Lightening, LL cool j radio and bad, or Motley Crue for kicks.

During class, I purposely got bad grades. I was kinda arrogant, was too busy drawing on my book cover or thinking of and writing tabs for a new bass riff.

I knew what was being taught, I listened. It was just hard to learn from a guy who was the human version of Humpty Dumpty teaching history, a stubby pork chop version of Barbie as a sex ed-health teacher.

I always did a raunchy ass, slithering armpit fart upon request.

DeeJayZap
06-14-2008, 07:04 PM
im still in "high school" so ill just say what i am. i skate too, but the schools too far to skate to so nobody really knows. everyone knows im big into hip hop but i dont really show it, can't by clothes because we wear uniform. they all say im a huge wigger tho and i dont get it XD im pretty smart, i rarely get in trouble and i hang around with "nerds" or "geeks" or whatever... and people who play music but have bad taste but i have to put up with them because i wanna be in a band lol

TurdBerglar
06-14-2008, 07:13 PM
i was the hoodrat kid that was bussed into a very predominantly WHIIIIIIIIITE(you know what kind of white im talking about) town. i basically sat in the back row in the corner by the window with a fuckoff attitude. at lunch i sat with the stoners, musicians, skaters, slackers, and the kids that just wanted out of that fucking cornball preppy town. lucky for me i was able to leave that town everyday at 2 o'clock.

kleptomaniac
06-14-2008, 07:22 PM
uhhhh....straight-A kid who was really quiet in class, stayed in the library during lunch, and hated gym....

BangkokB
06-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Pothead that wasn't really into the whole school thing and believe it or not I skated through High School with my charm.
My 11th Grade year my two best friends that I hung out with had already quit school.
As for the Here & Now: 1 is in jail for some bullshit murder charge and the other should be

russhie
06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I was pretty quiet, I had good friends who were really popular...but I hung mostly with people who were somewhere in the middle of the hierarchy. I had the same boyfriend for most of it, but that didn't stop alot of guys trying it on with me (his mates included) so I suppose that's where my continuing dissapointment and mistrust of guys comes from.

I went to parties, got wasted with the other kids, loved scandal and gossip, was smart enough to do much better than I did but I was (still am) easily distracted by things that I thought were more interesting.

kll
06-14-2008, 11:32 PM
when i was a freshman, the senior boys immediately took an interest in me. i was doing the tennis/equestrian thing then and in a rather large, popular clique. i was probably rather preppy, which was quite different from my jr. high days of being a punk with a shaved head. ah, the joys of trying to find yourself!

my sophomore year, i re-connected with a girl i knew in elementary school and we were inseparable. we lived for the tv show, tour of duty! dorks! even though i was still on good terms w/ the popular clique, i was enjoying being attached at the hip with a girl i had tons in common with- with little social pressure.

junior year i got a boyfriend and my siamese twin did not. she attempted to double date (hook up) with some of my boyfriend's friends as he went to a different high school, but they were always short term. it was difficult trying to balance the two relationships.

senior year it seems that all of the siamese twins got together and we all formed our own clique. we did a lot of road trips to palm springs, orange county and santa barbara, started smoking pot and all had boyfriends from different high schools. cruising the esplanade at the beach in redondo beach was how we spent our weekends. it has since become illegal to "cruise". it was fun at the time, but i would rather throw myself into a bonfire than go back to that time.

Rock
06-15-2008, 12:23 AM
i knew everyone and everyone kind of knew me. I knew at least one or two people in every "circle" pretty well, but I only consistently hung out with a few.

caught a lot of shit for "sticking up" for gay people (granted, the way I "stuck up" for them wasn't an ordinary way........take that as you want).

almost got expelled because i was in the know for some seriously dangerous shit but didn't stop it or "tell the proper authorities" because i never thought it was actually going to happen even though it was a "if i were to do it, I'd do it like this" kind of situation.

sophomore year was a natural and mainly chemical blur (one of my biggest regrets in my life)...junior and senior year were heavy natural ones (no regrets).

i still talk to (the ones that moved away) or hang out with the same people from back then (14 years ago) at least once a week.

people just didn't know what me and my friends were really about.

most people hated high school, but those were some great times for me.

DandyFop
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
I was a good kid as far as drinking/drugs (helps when you grow up in Salt Lake City).

I was a theater geek but also a social butterfly, I participated in choir and student goverment but didn't give a shit about the football team and that kind of stuff. I was the Assembly Co-Chair my senior year which involved hanging out with the preppy Mormon group a lot.

I dated a ton of different boys and I always had a crush on someone new and there was always some dude in love with me.

I wore really weird clothing and I loved it. I had orange vinyl pants I would wear and just like really odd shit.

I had a ton of confidence and I was loud and outgoing. I really miss being as confident as I was back then. I felt like I could do just about anything.

Dorothy Wood
06-15-2008, 01:41 AM
I was extremely shy and strange, but I played basketball, so I ended up becoming friendly with popular kids. I played clarinet extremely well, but hated my band director and everyone else in the symphony band because I was only one of 3 people who weren't in marching band...and marching band was a huge dorky elitist incestuous group that I wanted no part of. I was straight edge without really knowing what that meant. I had no friends, tons of crushes, but no boyfriends, I spent a lot of time alone. I had a best friend who went to a different high school and we talked every day. by the end of senior year I had a few close friends, but we had little in common.

people always liked how I dressed and copied me a lot actually, but the whole, "I don't drink" thing put people off. I pretty much lived life day to day, surviving and looking toward college.

I graduated third in my class without trying. according to the local paper I was second in my class based solely on academic courses (so, not counting art or band). I remember being very surprised. I got the science departmental award for physics, also surprising.

I hated high school, it seemed like a huge waste of time and I just wanted to get out of that town for good. so I did.

Kid Presentable
06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
First claim to fame came with stealing a barbershop quartet cassette our music teacher used to play for us, dubbing Black Sunday onto it and putting it back on the shelf, for him to inadvertently have 'A to the K' blare over the class-room speakers in the first week of high school (1994).

Smoked cigarettes the whole time through; attempted to go straight-edge throughout 1997 (except for smoking). Used to be out skating instead of at parties, when we did get fucked up it was always among a select few. Hung with an eclectic group (come to think of it I had a fucking heap of friends); I don't know that NZ is as cliquey as the U.S, though. I was always a real out of place member of most of the Maori and Pacific Islander groups, if only because of Streetfighter. Played drums a lot, never had much luck with the girls, but that was really for lack of trying. Downright loathed by some, but liked by more than most. It was pretty chill.

Lyman Zerga
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
i was just average.. not hated, not loved just there

hpdrifter
06-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Me too. I went from public middle school to private high school and most people there had known each other from birth. I was poor, they were not. Neither of my parents were employed so I worked a LOT. I was kind of in my own head most of the time. I had a few friends but no one I still talk to. I didn't date, drink, do drugs. I wasn't confident or independent, I really just wanted to fit in and I didn't really. Oh well, I am a late bloomer, I feel good about who I am now.

Caribou
06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Hmm. Difficult question. I was a bit of a weirdo. I got on with everyone, but didn't feel like I really fitted in with any of them. I hung out with the Science Boys and metalheads (most of whom I still hang out with), dyed my hair in all kinds of bright colours and spent my time buying CD's in my lunchbreaks and listening to them in class. Teachers didn't even bother to ask me questions anymore, because I never listened anyway.
I got placed in a group for 'gifted' kids, as one teacher sensed I wasn't nearly as stupid as my grades made them believe. I had to take a gabillion personality and IQ tests, proving I was just a 'troubled youth' who had become apathetic as a rebellious response to everybody's high expectations.
So I never went to parties, stayed indoors every vacation, hated everything and eventually quit school.
Best decision I've made so far, happiness wise.

mate_spawn_die
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
i smoked weed, listened to punk and had a mohawk until my junior year when i started listening to 80's synthpop... haha that's kind of a funny transition... go from crass and bad brains one year to the human league and soft cell the next. i just wore jeans and a t-shirt and this big green army jacket like the kind deniro wears in taxi driver. with my mohawk people would always tell me i looked like the taxi driver.

terrible grades. A.D.D. one girlfriend. one boyfriend. (not very good with relationships) 2 of my friends died in a car wreck. left school early everyday because i got credits for working a job 20 hours a week. i didn't talk to many people... i had big headphones (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oh_snap_niel/477373936/) on 80% of the school day... most of my teachers didn't care.

hitmonlee
06-15-2008, 11:16 PM
i was a "canteen girl"
we were the group of girls that sat on the bench near the canteen (that's a cafeteria btw) which was the middle ground between the "quad" (where all the normal but not popular people sat) and the oval (where all the popular people sat so they could smoke cigarettes). our male counterparts were the "hillbillies", while not being popular at our school, were extremely popular with the local private girls school.

we attended parties of both the popular and unpopular crowds. none of us dated much. we wore fairly normal clothes, although my best friend and i went through a phase of sparkles and bright colours and anything that looked awesome on acid.

which brings me to my sub-group - the "stoners". made up of people from all different groups, we were the people that lived close to the school, and would bail at recess and lunch for cones in the alleyway or at our houses.

ahh high school <3

Kid Presentable
06-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Fucked mine up, too late to edit. I was thinking out loud that the first day of high school is nothing like it ends up, and I was remembering the type of kid I was in that first week, and how I grew and blah blah.

hpdrifter
06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
one girlfriend. one boyfriend.

Really? If so, that's very cool.

mate_spawn_die
06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
^ yup. i like girls AND boys

insertnamehere
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
first year of highschool i had my little group of unpopular friends. we sat together at lunch, i never had anything to do with anyone i went to school without outside of school hours. second year, the "leader" of my group told everyone i was a lesbian and that they shoudlnt talk to me anymore. they didn't, so i sat alone and lunch and didnt speak to anyone all day. i year of isolation basically made me withdrawl more and become even more shy. the last two years were basically more of the same... i'd occasionally chat with certain people i sat next to in class but mostly just kept to myself. i wore very plain clothes and had very plain hair. i was fascinated with drugs but was never friends with anyone to do any, aside from occasionally smoking some pot with family members. everyone said i looked stoned all the time and just assumed i was a huge pot head, and i never really argued with them. i almost dropped out in my last year because i hated it so much, and my dad actually thought that i should, but i decided to stick it out cause i figured it was less hassle than dropping out with half a year left and having to go get my GED somewhere else. i basically just went to school, came home, watched tv, and sat on the internet every day. i spent a lot of time here from 10th grade up. i don't have any really remarkable memories, the whole thing kind of blurs together because it was all pretty mediocre. im pretty sure no one ever knew i existed.

i sort of regret now that i didnt get to do the whole hanging out with friends and partying thing, i always really wanted to. i saw certain family members that were a few years older than me doing that and always wanted to be that kind of person, it just never happened for me. after highschool i had a boyfriend for a little bit, it ended horribly. you know all about that. since then its been basically more of the same. i have a few friends now, they're all pretty bland. ive recently started hanging out with people from work occasionally. they're all burnouts but it's a good time.

it sounds like basically everyone on the bbmb was one of the outcasts. or maybe everyone is sort of an outcast and no one realizes it.

hpdrifter
06-16-2008, 11:28 AM
And you are male?

I don't know why but I find this very cool. Its a tough thing for men to be bisexual in this day and age. To me for some reason it seems like it would take a very strong, confident person.

Or maybe its just because the only bisexual man I ever knew before was a kid at my high school who was stong, confident, independent, and calm in the face of insane backlash. Even as he was being expelled.

insertnamehere
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
expelled for being bisexual?

mate_spawn_die
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
sounds exactly like what happened to me starting my junior year. i stopped talking to everyone. drugs are bad... good thing you didn't start. my brain is fried. i didn't even go to my graduation ceremony... i moved out of my house the day after i graduated and hit the road.

hpdrifter
06-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes. For wearing a skirt to school. It was down to his feet and army green. It did not look like a woman's skirt, it was more like a wrap, like you'd see a monk wear or something. That and I believe he openly dated men.

I went to a catholic high school, pretty kind and compassionate right? :rolleyes:

taquitos
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
i went to a "judeo-christian" private high school with about 100 kids per
grade (or class, or year or whatever). Blazer, dress shirt, tie, slacks, dress
shoes, the whole deal. almost 100% of them were white folks with lots
of money, the majority of those being racist frat-boys in training. people like
the mayor’s spoiled kids, etc.

it was k-12 so if you hadn't gone their your whole life you were an instant
outcast upon arrival. plus i dressed as punk rock as i could given the strict
uniform, i.e. crazy haircuts, upside-down american flag belt buckle (which i
got a demerit for almost every day), ripped up clothing, etc. i had like three
friends and we hated everyone else almost as much as they all hated us.

it's funny though, at the time i figured all the brats at my school were in for
a rude awakening when they finally got out of their daddy’s back pockets and
into the "real world", however now they are all in med/law school and will
soon be running this podunk town without ever facing any type of adversity.

oh well.

in the timeless words of eric burdon; "We (read: I) gotta get out of this place". (n)

abcdefz
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I was kind of straddling adulthood and high school. I had regular friends to hang out with (usually kind of mellow, adult partying or going for
coffee or dinners, seeing movies -- very conversation-oriented), but I could basically talk to and relate pretty much anybody. I had teachers
who were actual friends. I worked and, aside from some stuff in the pantry at home, basically took care of myself, raised myself, etc.

Home life was abusive/negligent, so I'd stay away as much as possible or just go to my room and shut the door. Bought my own stereo
and VCR, books, movies, records, etc. I had some dear friends, so that was pretty lucky. I was balding but not yet shaving my head, so
girls weren't all that interested, but I still had who is so far still the best girlfriend I ever had when I was a junior and she had graduated.
Applied for early admission to Bard college that year and was accepted, and then my parents fucked me over on that so I had to stay for
my senior year. By that time, I'd basically finished school, so I used free classes to start a magazine. I'd wear nice clothes and go off
and sell advertising and such.

mate_spawn_die
06-16-2008, 12:03 PM
And you are male?

I don't know why but I find this very cool. Its a tough thing for men to be bisexual in this day and age. To me for some reason it seems like it would take a very strong, confident person.

Or maybe its just because the only bisexual man I ever knew before was a kid at my high school who was stong, confident, independent, and calm in the face of insane backlash. Even as he was being expelled.

yeah, i'm a male

i don't think i'm very confident or strong though. haha

Waus
06-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I was in highschool only a slightly different person from who I am now.

I was basically a moderate christian with friends that had similar values. I had fun and never really felt like I was missing out on anything even though I was straight edge. I had a couple girlfriends, and both were reasonably serious for that age.

At the end of high school I was recognized and pretty well-liked for the most part, mostly due to my involvement in Younglife and doing skits and videos with friends that became known in certain circles. The "popular" clique was friendly enough - just not interesting.

I was pretty outgoing, but mostly just within the group of friends I had. We remained friends through college and I still see them now - which has made growing up seem strange since I can still recognize these unchanging pillars of my youth.

Lyman Zerga
06-17-2008, 10:36 AM
i wonder if god hates half fags about 50% less

ToucanSpam
06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I was a brainiac. A semi likeable brainiac. I mostly kept to my own people but I went out of my way several times to help some of the 'cooler' kids pass classes. They certainly appreciated it and I had a generally positive relationship with the 'cool' kids.

abcdefz
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
i wonder if god hates half fags about 50% less

Knock it off.

Lyman Zerga
06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
im catholic! i need to know!

abcdefz
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Jesus rode on an ass; he didn't say to be one.

Lyman Zerga
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
proof it, bitch!

abcdefz
06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I gotta go NASV...

paul jones
06-18-2008, 02:05 AM
I doodled a lot and had fun.And a few fights..

there was no way I was letting school try and tell me what the big wide world was like and how I should prepare for it.I could already read well enough before I started secondary school.

School Disco nights were fun though, It was when Blue Monday first came out and we all used to bodypop to it.

Yeah so basically having fun and bodypopping