PDA

View Full Version : I just heard one of my neighbors playing a Latino version of "don't speak"

ericlee
06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
God was it horrid. "don't speak, I know what you're seeying so please stop esplainin...."

I've also heard a Cambodian version of "proud Mary" cept it was sung in their language.

Anyone else heard foreign versions of songs?

abcdefz
06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
The Korean grocery on my block has some pretty funny Muzak. For some reason, a lot of the cover songs are ballads from the disco era...

"How Deep is Your Love," stuff like that. I get a kick out of it but it's kinda surreal.

Waus
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Hmm, that reminds me. I've been wanting to figure out what that cover of Ruby Tuesday was from Children of Men.

Anyone wanna beat google to the punch?

ET
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Joo and me
We joosted do be dogether
Eveblee day doge'der always
I really peel
Dat I'm losing my best frien'
I can't beleeb
Deez could be de end
Eet looks as though joo're letting go
And if it's reel
Well I don' want do know

Don' speak
I know just what joo sayin'
So bleeze stop es'plainin'
Don' dell me cause it hurt
Don' speak
I know h'wat you're thinkin'
I don't need joor reasons
Don't dell me cause it hurt

:cool:

Echewta
06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I like the beginning of that one song by Janes Addiction where its all in Spanish then rocks out in English. That was smart, they covered all of the bases with the L.A. crowd on that one.

hitmonlee
06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
i used to regularly sing along to the spanish version of "get mine, get yours" by christina aguilera.

nando's plays a lot of that kind of music... english songs but with a portugeuse feel.

mate_spawn_die
06-18-2008, 12:28 AM
the national anthem in paraguay is "we built this city on rock and roll" with the lyrics changed...

no, that's a total lie. but it would be funny huh?

taquitos
06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Hmm, that reminds me. I've been wanting to figure out what that cover of Ruby Tuesday was from Children of Men.

Anyone wanna beat google to the punch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Battiato

too late, but still here it is