PDA

View Full Version : so this Wanted movie that's coming out soon.....

icy manipulator
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM
anyone keen for it? i know there's a few graphic novel/comic fans on here so what do you guys think of this millionth one coming out? i never read the comics, in fact i've never read any graphic novel but i'm keen to see this. 2 reasons, firstly, i'm a fan of Timur Bekmambetov and i want to see what he can do with a decent budget. Night and Day Watch only had a budget of 4 mil, and they weren't too shabby. i'm guessing Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie would've demanded a fee alot more than that for this movie alone

Secondly, this is the Kazakhs directors first english language film, and, this is the reason i really want to see this, if this is a pile of shit, then Twilight Watch is going to be a pile of shit. i still dont know why the third film is going to be in english, but if you're given a budget 10 times what the other 2 had then why the fuck not hey....

so anyone looking forward to Wanted?

na§tee
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
i shall be watching this film because of james mcavoy. that is all.

icy manipulator
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
i shall be watching this film because of james mcavoy. that is all.

lol, why am i not surprised you said that? i must be psyhic:p:p

na§tee
06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
nah, i do like the director too, you know. but james mcavoy helps.

curious added scottish fact: mark millar, the guy who did the comic book series, bought the house of the person i share an office with, ross. ross is a HUGE marvel fan so they keep in email contact and he's going to get him an internship, hopefully, with marvel in new york (ross works mainly with desktop publishing). he just showed me an email he got from mark entitled "my new bird" with him, james mcavoy, and an absolutely gorgeous angelina jolie. i screamed.

a premiere is meant to be held in glasgow, actually, because of mark. i wonder if any of the stars will be there. hmm, i'm going to milk every contact i can to get a ticket yo.

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm a'gonna pass.

icy manipulator
06-18-2008, 09:01 AM
hmm, well the UK premier was meant to be on the 12th so i think you missed out. seriously tho, i was going to add to my original post, ' nastee you should see this coz james mcavoy will be in it' lol. in the end i couldn't be arsed

icy manipulator
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm a'gonna pass.

oh no, that's not a good sign

na§tee
06-18-2008, 09:05 AM
a movie can have all sorts of different premieres.. gala premieres, national premieres, charity premieres and the like, so while it's obviously not gonna be the big hoo-hah one with brangelina and everyone in attendance, the scottish people normally show up for us scottish underlings if we are lucky enough to host a scottish premiere. "i'll make some calls"

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
oh no, that's not a good sign

:rolleyes:

icy manipulator
06-18-2008, 09:21 AM
you know you're the bbmb movie guru :p

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 09:23 AM
I passed on Robocop and Die Hard when they were first in theaters, too, and now I love them.

Lyman Zerga
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
i pass 99% of the big movies, yet i still hate them

Pres Zount
06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I am a comic fan, and when I hear that this was coming out, I threw up a little in my mouth. When I saw the preview at the movies, I went the whole way.

This was one of the worst graphic novels to come out in a while. Absolute trash, and the movie is just going to be the trash warped even worse into some kind of trashy, high-concept gore fest that will have 14 year olds screaming with delight.

The comic was basically as edgy as the writers could make it, with all of the characters being as bad as they could, while showing no remorse. I don't know when rape became cool, but I guess they might cut that out of the film. They admitted that they just took an average story, jazzed it up with violence and swearing, then toned that up to a factor of eleven. Or something.

No doubt that the film will be toned down for a mass audience, but that's the whole concept to a tee. Doing whatever it takes to make money out of a lousy story.

na§tee
06-18-2008, 10:01 AM
OH! ross is ANGRY!

adam_f
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I kept hoping that when he's trying to curve the bullet in the trailer it would actually hit Angelina Jolie in the face.

afronaut
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
this looks kinda like a piece of shit.