PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you fucked up?

Kid Presentable
06-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I always have a couply little ones, but a while ago I was best man at a wedding, and gave an unrehearsed speech (so much so, I was under the impression there would be no speeches) where I said: "I can't believe he married someone like her" and all of the air was sucked out of the room. I looked over at my wife and her expression said it all: you done fucked up, dude. Felt like such a fuck-knuckle, even if I meant it. :(

na§tee
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
did you mean someone like her as in - shit bitch you iz fiiiiinnneee what you doing with that sucker? or someone like her as in dear lord, you could have tried harder, mate?

Pres Zount
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Was this before, or after you screamed at the priest to "stop this travesty"?

Kid Presentable
06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
As in: "Fuck's sake, try harder". The missus even forgives me for calling the bride's sister the "hot sister" because the comparison is the only descriptor that works.

EEEDIIIIIT: I don't mean it to be about her looks. They got together in this whirlwind that completely befuddled me and had me going "her?" a lot. And I mean, he was no catch either.

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
A little quick thinking and you could've pulled that out of the fire, maybe. Maybe.

Last time I fucked up, it wasn't technically me. But.

The owner of our company was going to a Big Meeting. BIG.

So I came in the next morning, and apparently he had gone onto our server to grab the latest copies of all the documentation. The pdf file
of one of the guides to our software had just the cover page. So: about 180 pages for one of our products -- gone.

Well, for that to happen, you have to specifically instruct FrameMaker to generate only that page. Sort of like if you hit "print," and you
only want one page, you have to go into the print window and instruct it to do that, otherwise it's just going to print everything, right?

So evidently the previous time I had printed the document to pdf, some burp made it print only the cover. Disgusted, my boss took none
of the documentation with him to the meeting, and I heard about it the next day from my supervisor.

Since then, every time I output to pdf I go and check and make sure it happened rather than just assuming it did. I probably should've
done this all along, but...

Anyway. Big fuck up with consequences all around.

Kid Presentable
06-18-2008, 10:45 AM
A little quick thinking and you could've pulled that out of the fire, maybe. Maybe.

Last time I fucked up, it wasn't technically me. But.

The owner of our company was going to a Big Meeting. BIG.

So I came in the next morning, and apparently he had gone onto our server to grab the latest copies of all the documentation. The pdf file
of one of the guides to our software had just the cover page. So: about 180 pages for one of our products -- gone.

Well, for that to happen, you have to specifically instruct FrameMaker to generate only that page. Sort of like if you hit "print," and you
only want one page, you have to go into the print window and instruct it to do that, otherwise it's just going to print everything, right?

So evidently the previous time I had printed the document to pdf, some burp made it print only the cover. Disgusted, my boss took none
of the documentation with him to the meeting, and I heard about it the next day from my supervisor.

Since then, every time I output to pdf I go and check and make sure it happened rather than just assuming it did. I probably should've
done this all along, but...

Anyway. Big fuck up with consequences all around.

God damn. :eek:

And yeah, I crawled back by telling them I "Loved them" at the arse-end of the speech, like some drunken Mother-in-law. The room was still cold as fuck though.

camo
06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
A few months back I misplaced a hard drive with a 25k photoshoot on it from location in Cape Town, I absolutely shit myself because we had been working extremely hard and fast to keep to budget and I was stoked to have kept it below the 30k mark.

Three days went by whilst we tried to re arrange the shoot and I was fearing for my future with the company.

Luckily the photographic assistant had made back ups but had forgot to mention it to anyone.

Phew.

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 10:51 AM

And yeah, I crawled back by telling them I "Loved them" at the arse-end of the speech, like some drunken Mother-in-law. The room was still cold as fuck though.

I did kind of a minor version of that at my brother's wedding.

I was best man (cough), gave the speech, and ended with something like "To the brother I love, and the sister I know I'll come to love." It
seemed to go over okay, and then later I thought, "You know, did I just say I don't love her? I did."

Nobody ever said anything to me about it, but I think that what seemed okay "on paper" didn't sound so hot said out loud.

To be fair, it was the second time I'd seen her in my life (this marriage was years after I'd moved to California), but still...

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 10:53 AM

Yeah.

Now, to be fair: he'd known about the Big Meeting for quite a while, and he or my supervisor could've told me he would need them and make
sure they were in order, etc.

But, yeah. In theory, I should do my job well enough that anyone with access can get finished copies at any time.

Kid Presentable
06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I did kind of a minor version of that at my brother's wedding.

I was best man (cough), gave the speech, and ended with something like "To the brother I love, and the sister I know I'll come to love." It
seemed to go over okay, and then later I thought, "You know, did I just say I don't love her? I did."

Nobody ever said anything to me about it, but I think that what seemed okay "on paper" didn't sound so hot said out loud.

To be fair, it was the second time I'd seen her in my life (this marriage was years after I'd moved to California), but still...

I was the only person who gave speeches at our wedding; I cracked a joke about kidnapping the bride and it went alright. My drunk uncles egged me on heaps and the place was pretty loose at the end. If I'd gone "Fark me, how did I end up with THIS!!?????" it might have been a different story.

Kid Presentable
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
A few months back I misplaced a hard drive with a 25k photoshoot on it from location in Cape Town, I absolutely shit myself because we had been working extremely hard and fast to keep to budget and I was stoked to have kept it below the 30k mark.

Three days went by whilst we tried to re arrange the shoot and I was fearing for my future with the company.

Luckily the photographic assistant had made back ups but had forgot to mention it to anyone.

Phew.

What's that like? Did you shit? I mean, from what I gather, that would be pretty terrifying.

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 11:04 AM

Phew.

Oh, shit!

camo
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
What's that like? Did you shit? I mean, from what I gather, that would be pretty terrifying.

I didn't stop shitting. It was hell

cookiepuss
06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
daily. at the moment my entire life is fucked up. but I don't care to elaborate. which means I shouldn't bother to post this...but I'm just sharing that I feel like a fuck-up.

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Mindless drifter on the road
Carry such an easy load
Its how you look, and how you feel
You must have a heart of steel.

Why do I keep fuckin up?

I can see you on a hill
Comatose but walking still
Curves beneath your flowing gown
Only I could bring you down.

Why do I keep fuckin up?

Dogs that lick and dogs that bite
Hounds that howl through the night
Broken leashes are all over the floor
Keys left hanging in a swinging door.

Why do I keep fuckin up?

Keep fuckin up!

Bob
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
As in: "Fuck's sake, try harder". The missus even forgives me for calling the bride's sister the "hot sister" because the comparison is the only descriptor that works.

EEEDIIIIIT: I don't mean it to be about her looks. They got together in this whirlwind that completely befuddled me and had me going "her?" a lot. And I mean, he was no catch either.

was she funny or something?

TAL
06-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Last time a girl was on top of me.

Bob
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Last time a girl was on top of me.

hahaha

Dorothy Wood
06-18-2008, 05:03 PM
it's been a long time. I've fucked a lot of things up. but it's more like a slow burn, not something huge

I guess the last time was when I was having a post-break up argument over the phone with the ex and accidentally said something about how his friends don't care about him. what I was really trying to say (which wasn't my place), was that it didn't make sense to me that the people he loves the most are people who aren't very considerate of him. like his ex, who he was in love with that talked shit about him behind his back (he still does not know that I know this and I couldn't/shouldn't tell him), and his best friend who doesn't listen to him and puts down his ideas. but me, the person he chose to spend the majority of his time with, the person he found agreeable and hilarious and fun to be with...he does not love.

ahem, sorry about that, I think I blacked out for a minute. yeah, he wasn't happy with what I said. at all.

Deep_Sea_Rain
06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Quite recently, actually. I had a crush on a girl by the name of Lincy Martinez, and I told her. She said she was really flattered, and I made her day. But she said she had this guy that she was sort of seeing, one of those over-bearing friends with benefits types. Apparently in the past he'd stolen money from her mother and done a whole list of unsavory dump-worthy deeds. So I said it's cool, we can just be friends.

Well we tried that for a while, and at least on my end, it didn't work. So after about a week of not talking to each other, I told her I couldn't do the friends thing. I explained that I still had feelings for her and it was just very difficult, she seemed very angry, and I pressed her as to why.

It turns out she broke up with this guy with the intent to eventually be with me, but now she was just done with me and quite mad that I would give our friendship up. Long story short, I'll probably never speak with her again, or her with me.

Fail. :(

ericlee
06-19-2008, 12:26 AM
I fuck up on a regular basis, purposely though. During work that is. The system is all about with getting away with what you can.

Just simple stuff like chewing gum on post or having my sleeves rolled up improper.

Damn Kid, that was a heinous fuck up, haha. That will always be mentioned on both ends during get togethers.

During a slip of a tongue like that, you should toss in a pair of 2 dogs humping as a distraction. It would have definitly taken away all the focus from you.

mikizee
06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Quite recently, actually. I had a crush on a girl by the name of Lincy Martinez, and I told her. She said she was really flattered, and I made her day. But she said she had this guy that she was sort of seeing, one of those over-bearing friends with benefits types. Apparently in the past he'd stolen money from her mother and done a whole list of unsavory dump-worthy deeds. So I said it's cool, we can just be friends.

Well we tried that for a while, and at least on my end, it didn't work. So after about a week of not talking to each other, I told her I couldn't do the friends thing. I explained that I still had feelings for her and it was just very difficult, she seemed very angry, and I pressed her as to why.

It turns out she broke up with this guy with the intent to eventually be with me, but now she was just done with me and quite mad that I would give our friendship up. Long story short, I'll probably never speak with her again, or her with me.

Fail. :(

That blows.

I got dumped via text message today. Not a high point of my life.

trailerprincess
06-19-2008, 06:52 AM
^^ :( She's clearly mental

:hands mikizee her remaining vodka:

russhie
06-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I think I fuck up regularly, but usually in the end it endears me to those I have fucked up on, so I can't complain.

Last time though? um, I told my boss that if she got hair extensions, even those expensive real hair ones, that she'd look like a stripper.

mikizee
06-19-2008, 09:02 AM
hahaha

cookiepuss
06-19-2008, 05:45 PM
That blows.

I got dumped via text message today. Not a high point of my life.

text message? that's cold. clearly she fucked up there...

but hey...it could have been by post-it note and that would have been worse.

sawy for your pain, dude.

insertnamehere
06-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Friday I woke up to the though "fuck I didn't do my homework last night." I'd spend the night studying for a test and forgot I had actual homework due. Then I tried to print off an equation sheet to take with me to the test and my printer was being a bitch, so I gave up and left cause I was running late. I get to the class room, which is about a mile from where I'm staying, and realized I didn't bring my calculator, so then I leave and run back to my place to get my calculator, hop in my car and drive halfway back to class (the closest I can park) and then get back to class. I nearly got into a wreck which I don't feel was my fault even thought I was driving faster than I should have been. I walk in halfway through the class, drenched in sweat, pen and calculator in hand. I get an exam and sit down totally flustered, and just blank. I couldn't remember how to do anything. Eventually I give up and go to turn my test in, it's one of those big auditorium classrooms and I sorta trip a little going down the stairs. Not enough to fall, just enough to embarrase myself more. On my way out of the building I smash my thumb in the door handle. I head back to my place to shower before work. The shower will make me late for work but by this point I don't give a fuck anymore about anything really. I show up to work and this girl hands me a pen to use for something, and I click the pen to write with it. It's a joke pen that shocks you when you click it. I very nearly actually hit her, then just throw the pen at her and go sit in the bathroom and cry. I calm down and come back out of the bathroom and my manager asks me what's wrong and I start crying again. Then I just stood there and bagged bread and cried for awhile.

There's no single huge fuckup there, but a series of mistakes that led to a horrible horrible day, all by 10a.m. Oh yeah, and I got a 32 on my test. (n)

Jitters
06-20-2008, 12:50 AM
That's cold. Sorry to hear it happened to you :(