PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's out for the season

abcdefz
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Ouch. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/golf/wires/06/18/tiger.injury/index.html?cnn=yes)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tiger Woods is done for the year, but not without one last major that capped off a painful 10 months.

Woods said Wednesday he will have season-ending knee surgery, revealing he has had a torn ligament in his left knee since last July.

And he suffered a double stress fracture of his left tibia while preparing to return to the PGA Tour last month, which forced him to miss
the Memorial and was the source of his pain at Torrey Pines when he won the U.S. Open.

"Now, it is clear that the right thing to do is to listen to my doctors, follow through with this surgery and focus my attention on rehabilitating
my knee," Woods said in a statement on his Web site.

Whatitis
06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
No one gives a shit about golf here, well, I do but......

I was at Torrey Pines on Sunday and when I saw Tiger cringe after teeing off on the 2nd hole I thought he wouldn't make the round let alone win it. Especially after having to shoot a fith round. Dude toughed it out. With Tiger being out it will be a big hole in the American Ryder Cup team comming up this year.

roosta
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Tiger winning the US Open in his current condition kind of makes every one else look alot shitter, doesn't it?

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Tiger winning the US Open in his current condition kind of makes every one else look alot shitter, doesn't it?

Will Smith will play him in the movie. All grit and determination.

No one gives a shit about golf here, well, I do but......

I was at Torrey Pines on Sunday and when I saw Tiger cringe after teeing off on the 2nd hole I thought he wouldn't make the round let alone win it. .

You were there!? Nice. (y)

Drederick Tatum
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
how do you get injured playing golf?

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 11:31 AM
The swing puts a lot of torque on the knee.

But supposedly this injury happened while jogging.

checkyourprez
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
im glad. its nothing personal about tiger but i hate the sports media slurping on his cock 24/7. and as much as i respect the difficulty involved in golf, i could care less about it. golf will get 1/10th the coverage now that it had gotten with tiger golfing.

adam_f
06-19-2008, 11:59 AM
You know, a lot of people hate the Yankees and Red Sox and Patriots because they've dominated their respective sports for quite a time now, but it's hard to find somebody who hates Tiger despite the fact anytime he plays, you expect him to win.

YoungRemy
06-19-2008, 12:07 PM
if anybody watched( or was present(y))for this year's Open, you saw a determined Tiger Woods in a great deal of pain, it really was a man on a mission.

I think he knew the severity of the injury but needed to play through it and win.

its a tradeoff, the rest of the season for a U.S. Open Victory

jabumbo
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
i bet jack nicklaus is in a basement somewhere sticking pins into a voodoo doll

ps: rocco mediate is the shit

Whatitis
06-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm not down with how the media is all over Tiger, not that I don't think he's deserving but you will hear more how Tiger finnished a tournament in 10th place than you will hear about the winner. But he brings the ratings and that is something the PGA and media outlets will take a big loss with him gone. The crowd that comes out to follow Tiger through his rounds are huge. Very exciting to watch in person by the way.

Loppfessor
06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
im glad. its nothing personal about tiger but i hate the sports media slurping on his cock 24/7. and as much as i respect the difficulty involved in golf, i could care less about it. golf will get 1/10th the coverage now that it had gotten with tiger golfing.

Yeah right...that's all you hear about now

roosta
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I think he's good enough to deserve it. he must be the most consistent Golfer in an age...so yeah, if he finishes 10th, it still is news, because he's so consistent.

checkyourprez
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah right...that's all you hear about now

Key word in your statement is "now". Give it a week, two, a month and tournys will go by where previously just Tiger playing would get it talked about. Now some guying shooting a great couple rounds and winning will barley get a mention.

RobMoney$
06-20-2008, 12:13 AM
I would not be surprised at all if ESPN aired Tiger's surgery live and made a reality show with him through his rehab.
They're all up in his grill.

And mark my words, Tiger will be back for the Ryder Cup.