PDA

View Full Version : Bumper sticker thread...

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Post the next bumper sticker you see...or ones that you recall or despise...

This morning I saw this one:

"On the other hand...you have different fingers."

(y)

AceFace
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
now this is my kinda thread! i love me some "do it" stickers. that make me freak out and be happy!

"Chess players mate better" that's the last one i can remember.

OH i took a pic of one of those ribbon things awhile ago. lemme upload it.

AceFace
06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
check it!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2593402788_1a46843dc7.jpg

Guy Incognito
06-19-2008, 12:34 PM
i saw a car the other day that was obviously driven by someone into witchcraft and the like, it said:

Humans have no business messing with dragons as they are crunchy and taste great with ketchup

strange

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
This shoulda gone in sure shots. :(

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
“JESUS IS COMING BACK!...and boy is he pissed”

:D

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 12:37 PM
"If Jesus came back and saw what all was going on in His name, He'd never stop throwing up."

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
"My boss is a Jewish carpenter"

"God is my co-pilot"

"Dog is my co-pilot"

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
"911 was an inside job"...saw it about 2 weeks ago,on a s.u.v with Alberta plates...:rolleyes:

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
i saw a car the other day that was obviously driven by someone into witchcraft and the like, it said:

Humans have no business messing with dragons as they are crunchy and taste great with ketchup

strange

I’ll bet they were enroute to Stonehenge...(y):D(y)

AceFace
06-19-2008, 12:53 PM
i've often thought of starting a blog of amusing bumper stickers and do it stickers that i come across. maybe this is a sign i should!

Loppfessor
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
"Hillary?? Come on Dude!"...that one made me chuckle

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
"Hillary?? Come on Dude!"...that one made me chuckle

Nice.

YoungRemy
06-19-2008, 01:07 PM
bumper stickers= road rage

People seemingly love to customise, but apparently, at least according to the research from Colorado State University, the high level of personalisation that has fuelled the automotive aftermarket to such immense proportions is largely designed to signify the driver’s personal territory. A highly personalised automobile is clearly owned by the driver, the driver’s beliefs are law in their domain and the car is their personal territory.

Even more fascinating was the news that the predictor of road rage was simply the number of bumper stickers, not their content – that is, promoting peace and love was just as much a predictor of road rage as promoting less restrictive gun laws. It seems highly territorial people are those most likely to be involved in a road rage incident and when they do so, they are tapping into fairly primal response mechanisms when they find themselves simultaneously in private territory (their car) and a public space. They are forgetting that the public road is not theirs, and are exhibiting aggressive territorial behaviour that normally would only be (even remotely) acceptable in defending their personal territory.
The more markers a car has, the more aggressively the person tends to drive when provoked.

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 01:41 PM
^ True,true...Confederate flags or the Stars and Stripes,or some lame shit about patriotism or agressive abortion statements change my disposition towards the driver in front of me everytime...even if I fail to consciously recognize, somewhere in the synapses it happens...

-T-
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I saw one last night on the back of an Ford Fiesta with an old couple driving, it said:

DON'T PRAY IN MY SCHOOLS
AND I WONT THINK IN YOUR CHURCH

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
"Gas,grass or ass nobody rides for free"

"If the van's a rockin don't come knockin"

On a VW bus my old neighbor had...

MC Moot
06-19-2008, 01:44 PM
DON'T PRAY IN MY SCHOOLS

Word...(y)

"The Moral Majority is Neither"

Lyman Zerga
06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
baby on
board
soon

LOL!1

abcdefz
06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I saw one last night on the back of an Ford Fiesta with an old couple driving, it said:

DON'T PRAY IN MY SCHOOLS

I don't agree with it, but it's witty. (y)

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 12:02 PM
"Jesus Loves You:)
But Everyone Else Thinks You're an Asshole"

BTW: nice one MC Moot

QueenAdrock
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Frodo Failed: Bush Got the Ring.

And I'm partial to my "Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert CAMACHO FOR PRESIDENT" sticker. I think it confuses the Canadians. I'll confuse them further when I put "Obama '08" on the other side in a few weeks.

Bob
06-20-2008, 04:22 PM
"who farted?"

also

http://dangerousintersection.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bumper%20stickers.jpg

don't let some scumbag steal your precious virginity!

QueenAdrock
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." -Mother Theresa

I take away from that quote "Take some of your big-ass Bush tax cuts and put it towards feeding needy children, instead of buying another Hummer," but apparently the guy driving the SUV with that bumper sticker doesn't understand that concept. They see it as NO ABORTIONS PLZ! Because in the long run, it's better to yell at people to not abort underdeveloped fetuses than it is to donate time and money towards helping kids who are starving/uneducated/diseased/whatever else. Because we care about children being born...it's just AFTER that we don't give a shit about them.

Damn, I hate anti-abortion shit.

Bob
06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." -Mother Theresa

I take away from that quote "Take some of your big-ass Bush tax cuts and put it towards feeding needy children, instead of buying another Hummer," but apparently the guy driving the SUV with that bumper sticker doesn't understand that concept. They see it as NO ABORTIONS PLZ! Because in the long run, it's better to yell at people to not abort underdeveloped fetuses than it is to donate time and money towards helping kids who are starving/uneducated/diseased/whatever else. Because we care about children being born...it's just AFTER that we don't give a shit about them.

Damn, I hate anti-abortion shit.

to be fair though, mother theresa was pretty anti-abortion (she was a christian!), that might actually have been the intended meaning (not meeting!).

i remember one of my college professors telling a story about how a group of super-liberal college kids were organizing an anti-war rally or something, and they were so excited because they got mother theresa to come and speak, and it was going to be so great because she was going to talk about peace and love and happiness and all that. but what actually happened was that she lectured for an hour about how abortion is evil

QueenAdrock
06-20-2008, 05:49 PM
True, but I mean, Mother Theresa also did a lot of good in her life and tried to help kids and all of that. So while she is anti-abortion, that's not the sole meaning of her message, and I've found a lot of people to ignore that fact.

It's just strange how a lot of the mindset is on the right side, make sure the baby is born, then after that, all ties are cut. No welfare, no help for kids, let's pass education laws that will hinder them from having a quality education, let's send them to war, then when they're old let's give them shitty Medicare which is pretty broken these days.

I'm all about quality of life, rather than quantity. Mother Theresa was for both, and most of the anti-abortion jerks I meet in real life are ONLY about quantity. I just don't get it.

mate_spawn_die
06-20-2008, 09:36 PM
"The Moral Majority is Neither"

i want that one. so true.

taquitos
06-20-2008, 10:48 PM
this was on an old minivan (http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2158/treasureje7.jpg)