PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait until next weekend

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Wall*E (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/wall-e/)

You know that shit's gonna be great. (y)

TAL
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty sure you will be able to wait.

AceFace
06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
i'm not a big animated movie fan, but i am a sci fi freak. i think it looks beautiful from the short scenes i've seen.

MC Moot
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Anything that get's the kids to kick Kung Fu Panda is good by me...one more Kung Fu Panda conversation...and I'll...I'll...I'll...

*2 more day's of class left*

NoFenders
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Anything Disney and Pixar do together is great. (y)

:cool:

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure you will be able to wait.

I can't hold it.

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 11:13 AM
i'm not a big animated movie fan, but i am a sci fi freak. i think it looks beautiful from the short scenes i've seen.

Supposedly it's more sci-fi than the trailers and such lead you to believe. Like: it's not just the future setting, but there's real science going on.

AceFace
06-20-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah. i saw a long scene on the Disney channel or something. it was really neat how they worked in the stars and the anti gravity and stuff.

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Supposedly they brought in... I think it was Roger Deakins (the Coens' cinematographer) to consult on the look of things.

It really does look gorgeous.

Fan with a fan
06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh yes indeed -

Grandmaster Flash & EPMD Thursday = flava

The Autumns Friday + last show 'til who knows, so one to = savor

Watching the kids wave glowsticks in each other's faces at Electric Daisy (maybe) Sat = moonlighting as a ride riding raver

a little Shakespeare (Merry Wives of Windsor) Sunday for subtlety

and then crouching in a teeny boat off coast of Robert Plant/Allison Krause on Monday

Goddamn it's good to be alive! Looking for a new job/new place/someone to kiss/trying to save the world/cleaning out the catbox included.

Happy Spring, fans!

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Next Weekend my friend is throwing himself the biggest BDay bash I've ever heard of
Friday Night~ Party at the Sheraton--Drinks and the whole shebang but here's where it gets Interesting
Saturday Morning ~ Flying to Phuket/Shuttle Pickup to Superior Room @ the Sheraton at the upper crust portion of Phuket
Drinks in a Pineapple
Rock Lobster on the Grill
Drinks in a Pineapple
Did I mention Drinks in a Pineapple?
Australia Lamb
Éclairs
Massages Gallore
Fireworks
Live Band playing 3 Sets
And those great big blow up castles that you see kids jumping on aged 8 and under--I'm going to pop that bastard
And around 60 guests are flown in

Should be a Great Time(y)

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Nice (y)

Fan with a fan
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Next Weekend my friend is throwing himself the biggest BDay bash I've ever heard of
Friday Night~ Party at the Sheraton--Drinks and the whole shebang but here's where it gets Interesting
Saturday Morning ~ Flying to Phuket/Shuttle Pickup to Superior Room @ the Sheraton at the upper crust portion of Phuket
Drinks in a Pineapple
Rock Lobster on the Grill
Drinks in a Pineapple
Did I mention Drinks in a Pineapple?
Australia Lamb
Éclairs
Massages Gallore
Fireworks
Live Band playing 3 Sets
And those great big blow up castles that you see kids jumping on aged 8 and under--I'm going to pop that bastard
And around 60 guests are flown in

Should be a Great Time(y)

HOLY CRAP, MAN! What's your friend the sheik of?

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
He patented Drinks in a Pineapple...It's been nothing but rainbows since

Fan with a fan
06-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Drinks in a Pineapple, eh?

(googles)

What bands are going to play?

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
"I invented dice when I was young. What do you do?"

Fan with a fan
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
"You know the devil horns finger gesture?
That's mine."

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 12:55 PM
You guys and gals should know by now that I keep my cards very close to my vest

Question: What do you give someone for a BDay Gift that extends that much gratitude to me and my wife?
I've given him every golf gift there is aside a golf course and that's obviously out of the question.

Fan with a fan
06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
If this is the Sheik - one who can buy anything - why not write some words of heartfelt thanks/appreciation?

Then have him and the countess over for a meal you/your chef cooks?

And, a coupon book for backrubs and dish doing is always nice -
it is the little things, yah? (y)

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 01:19 PM
You guys and gals should know by now that I keep my cards very close to my vest

Question: What do you give someone for a BDay Gift that extends that much gratitude to me and my wife?
I've given him every golf gift there is aside a golf course and that's obviously out of the question.

You've got to tell us more about him.

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Doesn't like Exodus

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Amazon gift certificate?

Find out his favorite restaurant and get him a gift certificate from there

Order a framed photo from Steve Kilmer's Aikido collection (http://www.stephenkphoto.com/Gallery9b.html)

Wine? A good bottle of wine?

abcdefz
06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I just noticed that you can get one photo free (http://www.stephenkphoto.com/freeart.html)from Steve.

BangkokB
06-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Nice ideas, A-Z and I really appreciate it but he trumped me on my BDay. Which gave me the idea of reciprocating the Thank You he gave me for my Bday.

The Gift Certificate is the perfect blow off gift: I'll give him that then when we have the time I'll take him to the place that he showed me.

adam_f
06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by abcdefz
"I invented dice when I was young. What do you do?"

If you're quoting Downey, it's "I'm retired. I invented dice when I was a kid."

Normally I wouldn't nitpick like that but Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is one of my all-time favorites.

abcdefz
06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
If you're quoting Downey, it's "I'm retired. I invented dice when I was a kid."

Normally I wouldn't nitpick like that but Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is one of my all-time favorites.

No, that's cool; I'd rather be corrected. I was going from memory, and I've only seen it once.

marsdaddy
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Perfect kid marketing: Mateo has a Wall-E t-shirt, and notices every billboard and bus poster. Too bad he can't sit through a 30 min TV Show, yet.

BangkokB, I have a friend like that. I gave him a homemade present starting with a much younger picture of the two of us, then added some news stories from the day, month, and year of his birth. I had a list of #1 songs from the day he was born, through the present. Added a similar list of moments he and I hung together over the past 23 years. Finished it off with the most current photo of our families together.

But then again, he only invented that plastic riser in the pizza box, so no pineapple, or drinks wealth involved.