PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice too

adam_f
06-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I dated this girl briefly for a couple weeks but at the time I was going through personal problems. I was kinda moody and didn't really want to be in a group or whatever, so we just hung out the two of us. She got to know my moods pretty well and I knew she wanted to ask if something was wrong, but didn't know how to ask, and it wasn't the type of thing you just talk about with somebody you didn't know well.

One night, she sends me a text saying something to the effect of "I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but you need to get your head examined if you want to be with me." I'm paraphrasing but that's essentially what she said. She insinuated I needed mental help because I didn't want to go to the drive in with some other people even though I clearly stated the season finale of the Office was on. I didn't text back.

We kinda drifted apart after I got tired of getting yelled at in text message, but the problem was that all of a sudden she's hanging out with my friends now so we have to be around each other. Now she's dating my best friend Jay, whom I bitched to profusely during my spat with the girl, who now claims I need God in my life since I really don't believe in that shit. I think it's kinda shady on his part, but no one else agrees.

Now, I understand her being angry at me for not wanting to hang out, but I got some news I wasn't too fond of hearing, news Jay knew about. I was still pleasant to be around, especially one night there was a fire at a friends house. I was sitting around, laughing and joking with everybody (including her) and I get a text later on saying "I'm sorry I ruined your night." I didn't know what to make of it, and Jay tried to talk me through all this and failed, but at least he tried.

I don't understand what her logic was but she treated me like shit when I was making a sincere effort to try to get back to being regular Adam, but I didn't feel comfortable talking to her about the news I got because I only tell that to a certain few people. Rather than just try to coax it out of me, she told me I was fucked up in the head and needed God, and Jay knew all about this but now they're dating and I don't know what to do. I'm civil around her but I clearly don't want to be around her, and Jay doesn't seem to care. I don't know what to do at this point.

I just need advice. I don't know what's going on. I'm back to being myself again and I understand I wasn't the greatest person ever at the time, but you could tell I was going through shit but she didn't seem to understand that.

taquitos
06-22-2008, 02:04 AM
too long didn't read

Pres Zount
06-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Easy. Tell her what you just told us. "I had something going on that I didn't feel like sharing, sorry I was difficult at the time. I didn't want to hear that you thought I had mental problems and needed god, but now I just want to be my normal self and leave all that behind."

I guess. What is it that you actually want?

adam_f
06-22-2008, 08:18 AM
That's the problem though. I did tell both of them that, and they both nodded their head and said they understood and yet they're still dating, like I was just joking about the whole thing.

Originally posted by taquitos
too long didn't read

Don't fucking post then, dickhead.

Videodrome
06-22-2008, 09:38 AM
i guess i dont really understand what the problem is. they're dating and you're back to your old self.

that chick sounds wack and is better off with your homie. your dude should of shown you more respect rather than hook up with your ex girl. every dude nationwide knows that shit is shady.

honestly, i wouldn't even stress it. you're better off without that chick. you now know what kind of friend Jay is. chalk it up as a learning experience and keep it moving. as far as being around them goes, i wouldn't let it bother you.

adam_f
06-22-2008, 09:41 AM
It just pisses me off that he knows what kind of a bitch she was to me and that doesn't seem to bother him. If he wasn't two inches taller and thirty pounds heavier and was white, I'd probably kick his ass.

Videodrome
06-22-2008, 09:46 AM
If he wasn't two inches taller and thirty pounds heavier and was white, I'd probably kick his ass.

LOL

he don't give a fuck because he's bangin' it out. what goes around comes around though. a dude i used to kick it with was like that. he would holler at everyones ex girl. he couldn't get any fresh chicks, just table scraps.

na§tee
06-22-2008, 01:18 PM
do you need advice with how to deal with her, or how to deal with your friend who is now dating her? or both?
Rather than just try to coax it out of me, she told me I was fucked up in the head and needed God, and Jay knew all about this but now they're dating and I don't know what to do.
someone who assumes you are a headcase and suggests heavenly intervention isn't really worth it. she recognised you weren't 100% but didn't make any effort to understand the reasoning behind it; just wrote you off straight away. sounds like her and your friend will have a great time worshipping together.

i think her attitude to you previously doesn't bother your friend because they both have the same dismissive attitude. suckage. sorry about that.

Dorothy Wood
06-22-2008, 01:47 PM
ugh, people still believe in god?

adam_f
06-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I guess they do. She goes to church on Saturdays and she's not Jewish. WHO DOES THAT?

Dorothy Wood
06-22-2008, 03:18 PM
dorks, losers, the feeble-minded, perverts, dog-walkers.

adam_f
06-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Exactly, all people who contribute nothing to society.

Lyman Zerga
06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
mental freak can do better than dat churchie girl

RobMoney$
06-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Do you really want her to break it off with Jay and come back to you,
or do you just want to beat it up one more time?

I can relate to the latter, but if you seriously want her back you're crazy.

adam_f
06-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh no, I seriously don't want her back. I just don't understand my buddy's logic because

a) She's not that attractive, she's just the first girl in a long time I met who knew who Bruce Campbell was which piqued my interest

b) I don't get why he would go for her despite the fact I was treated like shit and he knew about it.

Thusly, I have to kick somebody's ass.

RobMoney$
06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
They say the best revenge is living well.

adam_f
06-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Sidebar- You know what pisses me off? I'm 6 foot 5 and I run about 220 and I still can't kick Jay's ass because he's fucking Rasheed Wallace or some shit.

You're probably right, Rob. Thanks. I'll do what I can I guess.

marsdaddy
06-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm 6 foot 5 and I run about 220 and I still can't kick Jay's ass because he's fucking Rasheed Wallace or some shit.Perfect solution: Fine his ass for too many technical fouls!

[half-heartedly]Hasn't he ever heard the phrase bro's before ho's?[/half-heartedly]

Serious, your rather tall, large, black friend probably has nothing to talk to her about except you. Chew on that.

jabumbo
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
if you're looking for a battle, i'll scrum with you in the middle of market square

i can even set it up so when the cops carry our broken bodies away, we won't get arrested (y)

adam_f
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jabumbo
i can even set it up so when the cops carry our broken bodies away, we won't get arrested (y)

You know, you're a helluva guy, my friend.