PDA

View Full Version : Surfers Protect McConaughey

yeahwho
06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm jealous, stuck at work forever is gray cool seattle while dudes in malibu are drinking beer surfing with celebs and getting into fights.

Check it out (http://x17online.com/celebrities/matthew_mcconaughey/the_footage_that_tmzs_exclusive_doesnt_have_paps_b eat_down_by_surfers_protecting_mcconaughey-06212008.php).

AceFace
06-23-2008, 12:58 PM
i didn't see one "beer belly" like the description said.

cookiepuss
06-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I didn't think a guy like McConaughey, needed protection. I mean, he's got Lance Armstrong and his one ball to back him up.

yeahwho
06-23-2008, 01:10 PM
i didn't see one "beer belly" like the description said.

That vid is from the paparazzi sight, they posted it trying to make a buck and with a sense of outrage, it just looks like a lot of fun, hanging out, surfing, beer, girls, then geeks show up with their cameras and hide behind rocks. I'm pretty sure the surfer dudes are in the right frame of mind, I'd be right on over there goofin' the photo geeks. Except ya got to cover your tracks and say something like "Hey bitch, you taken photos of my kid" then citizens arrest Malibu style.

beats sittin' here at work punching #s into the pc

Dorothy Wood
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
that video made me feel uncomfortable.

b i o n i c
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
i wish to god one of the paparazzi would smack one of those douches in the face with their camera

TurdBerglar
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
i never understood why taking photographs of people is perfectly legal without the person's consent. i find it highly rude, inappropriate, creepy and an invasion of privacy.

roosta
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah....paparazzi are scumbags....but i'm kind of on their side on this one..those lads seemed like tools....

yeahwho
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I side with the surfers.

from the LATimes (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-photogs23-2008jun23,0,1077306.story)

Malibu officials and residents have struggled with an apparently increasing paparazzi presence throughout the area.

They say members of the celebrity media camp out at movie theaters and shopping centers and wait for stars to show up.

Some merchants in the last few years have complained about paparazzi blocking store entrances, and residents have complained of high-speed chases by paparazzi following celebrities on Pacific Coast Highway.

In May, Malibu Mayor Pamela Conley Ulich said she asked Ken Starr -- now dean of the law school at Pepperdine University and former independent counsel during President Clinton's sex scandal -- to help draft a city ordinance that could include "buffer zones" as well as a possible tax on paparazzi.

"We're coming up on another summer season. Let's hope we are not in store for another tsunami of paparazzi," Ulich said in May. "Maybe they will think twice before shoving a camera in your face."

I'm only posting this because my life is incredibly drab here at work 6 days in a row while in Malibu people are doing something exciting.

Dorothy Wood
06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
when I was in malibu, I didn't see any celebrities. even though we were right down the street from a bar that britney spears liked to hang out at, and then I saw a magazine that said J Lo was at the whole foods in malibu during the time I was visiting. :(

I'm not sure why paparazzi takes pictures of matthew mcconaughey anyway, he's never really doing anything interesting and he always looks good. it's not like, omg, they're going to catch him with cellulite or a bad hair day. :rolleyes:

they're filming a movie up the street from my work the next couple of days though, I hope I see some famouses. they've got all the meters marked with no parking signs. and I saw a universal pictures truck this morning.

I hope it's the gangster movie johnny depp is doing because there are all kinds of other awesome famouses in that movie too. IF I SEE GIOVANI RIBISI OR CHRISTIAN BALE I WILL SHIT MY PANTS!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152836/

yeahwho
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I hope it's the gangster movie johnny depp is doing because there are all kinds of other awesome famouses in that movie too. IF I SEE GIOVANI RIBISI OR CHRISTIAN BALE I WILL SHIT MY PANTS!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152836/

the subtle turn on column is down a few threads

Rock
06-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Papparazi: "What do you do!?"

Broham: "I fucking drink beer and party!"

Brosef : "And get laid!"

Broham: "And get fuckin' blowjobs!"

that bit made me laugh.