PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: God

Lex Diamonds
06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
So there I was, reading Randee's thread about quitting Catholicism (but still believing in God) and the replies from people saying He didn't exist, when I decided to settle this whole "religion" thing once and for all.

So now I'm gonna prove that there's no God. All this religion shit has been a waste of time, it's time to give it up now. The wars and fighting and prejudice and oppression can finally end thanks to one noble, heroic, well-hung person (me).

HEY GOD. YOU'RE A REAL DILLWEED AND I FUCKED YOUR MOTHER IN BOTH HOLES (MOUTH NOT INCLUDED ALTHOUGH I TOTALLY GOT SOME THROAT TOO). IF YOU'RE REAL THEN KILL ME NOW AND EVERYONE WILL SEE AND WORSHIP YOU. IF YOU'RE NOT REAL THEN DON'T DO ANYTHING, EVER, AND ALL THESE CHUMPS CAN REALIZE THEIR MISPLACED FAITH IS NOTHING MORE THAN THE RESULT OF A BEWILDERED NEED FOR PURPOSE WHICH IS A STUPID SIDE-EFFECT OF SELF-AWARENESS.

OK, now we sit back and play the waiting game. I'm giving Him 48 hours.

roosta
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
God doesn't have a computer at the mo.

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2008, 04:33 PM
*looks at watch*

na§tee
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
God doesn't have a computer at the mo.
no no no.

god is out of the office.

Bob
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
you can expect to have a marine visit your house and kill you because god is too busy watching over our brave men and women in iraq who are protecting your freedom to say crap like that, so he's going to send a marine instead

and that marine's name? albert einstein

Bob
06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
also a bear is going to eat you, but he's going to say a prayer first

in a foxhole

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
how do you know its a him? Could be anyone, anything. Whatever it is, God has probably got shitloads of stuff to be doing than visiting BBMB. God's a big brother fan so is tied up for the next few months.

Lex Diamonds
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
God is a bitch made, punk ass fool. The nigga' whole style is chump.

roosta
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
no no no.

god is out of the office.

He's popped down to the bank on his lunch.

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM

i have absolutely no idea what you just meant by that - can you translate that into old fart speak please?

mate_spawn_die
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM
can you translate that into old fart speak please?

haha

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2008, 05:06 PM

it's easy to say 'shit no, theres no god'!!1 but youre just too weak to give up your hooker life so you keep lying to yourself instead

too bad god knows that you exist

owned.

seriously, lets talk about religion!

LOL!

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 05:08 PM
haha

its ok - i just re read it and i get it now (y)

TAL
06-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Who?

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
i dont want to get all serious here but dont you think that if God is real that he/she fucked off a long time ago to much more interesting places with much better message boards and couldnt give a monkeys about us now.

Lex Diamonds
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Look, the ultimatum is there. God has just under two days to prove that He exists. I don't need to prove he doesn't exist. You can't discount something that doesn't exist to begin with.

I do however believe that there are aspects of the universe and the human mind that we currently (or maybe permanently) can't understand. Telepathy for example, I'm definitely a believer in the ability of humans to transmit certain mild or vague thought patterns.

mate_spawn_die
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
lets talk about religion!

ok, sure..... religion is for weak minded morons.

the end.

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2008, 05:13 PM

the end.

thats true, thats why i left mine

god and religion are true different things for me

SEMEN.

roosta
06-24-2008, 05:13 PM

the end.

What a ridiculous statement.

the end.

Bob
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
"nietzsche is dead" - god

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Look, the ultimatum is there. God has just under two days to prove that He exists. I don't need to prove he doesn't exist. You can't discount something that doesn't exist to begin with.

I do however believe that there are aspects of the universe and the human mind that we currently (or maybe permanently) can't understand. Telepathy for example, I'm definitely a believer in the ability of humans to transmit certain mild or vague thought patterns.

apparently god moves in mysterious ways - if god turns up you might not know about it. You didnt state that God had to go "Hello Its me god, what did you say about me mam?", you never know, something good/bad/unusual could happen to you in next 48 hoursand you might not necessarily make the connection that it was god.
And if you get killed in next 48 hours that might not be a definite that it was G.

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
and btw.. im still kind enough to accept x mas pressies, especially the expensive ones

k thx

mate_spawn_die
06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
What a ridiculous statement.

the end.

no, what's ridiculous is believing some imaginary "god". all religion is bullshit.

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
i actually dont care if theres REALLY a god/higher energy but pretending theres something that takes care of us makes me feel sayphar (y)

you must be quite a brain shat though if you think humans got the biggest power which would mean i had to pray to humans and myself from now on

mate_spawn_die
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
i actually dont care if theres REALLY a god/higher energy but pretending theres something that takes care of us makes me feel sayphar (y)

you must be quite a brain shat though if you think humans got the biggest power which would mean i had to pray to humans and myself from now on

:confused: who the fuck says you have to pray to ANYTHING? why do you feel that you HAVE to pray? if there is something that takes care of us (humans as a whole) it's sure doing a shitty job.

but..... if if it makes you feel good then do it!

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
i pretending theres something that takes care of us makes me feel sayphar (y)

(y) Its pretending with an intense hope that its real. and LOL @ brain shat.

roosta
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
no, what's ridiculous is believing some imaginary "god". all religion is bullshit.

Congratulations, you are an idiot!

Not all religions believe in a God for starters. I would never claim all religion is anything, as I couldn't possibly ever know enough about all the many varied religious practices that are or have ever been to make such a claim.

adam_f
06-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Guy Incognito
how do you know its a him?

Because if God was a woman, She'd be making my dinner right now.

Guy Incognito
06-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Because if God was a woman, She'd be making my dinner right now.

:D

mate_spawn_die
06-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Congratulations, you are an idiot!

Not all religions believe in a God for starters. I would never claim all religion is anything, as I couldn't possibly ever know enough about all the many varied religious practices that are or have ever been to make such a claim.

yes, i know there are tons of religions... and i really don't give a fuck what they believe. i'm talking about the one i'm most familiar with. i'm sorry for not being specific enough. CHRISTIANITY IS BULLSHIT

Lex Diamonds
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
apparently god moves in mysterious ways - if god turns up you might not know about it. You didnt state that God had to go "Hello Its me god, what did you say about me mam?", you never know, something good/bad/unusual could happen to you in next 48 hoursand you might not necessarily make the connection that it was god.
That's exactly the kind of vague horoscope bullshit that people use to justify their blind belief in something that never has been and never will be proved real.

For starters how about everyone weighs the amount of prayers they have had answered to the amount of prayers they HAVEN'T had answered. I'm willing to bet it's about 1:1000. That's not God, that's just something that you want actually happening once in a while.

Whatitis
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Religion is for the weak. The weak is everybody. That is until they build some kind of foundation that works for them, their way of life, their belief system, religion.

Christianity is not bullshit. The way some people use it for their own personal or political gain is. It can be a great foundation for people as with many other religions. To say that it is you either don't know it or for some personal reason you were hurt from it.

God, well, I believe that something started this mess. Whether it be some phyisical being far far away or something from another dimension. Something started it. Even if you believe in evolution, something started it. That is what I call god.

Good luck with your divine intervention Padster.

Bob
06-24-2008, 08:11 PM
message board debates about religion are the worst things

adam_f
06-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I told my black friend one time that God loves black people more because He gave them a permanent tan. That's about as far as my knowledge of God goes.

funk63
06-24-2008, 08:20 PM
THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! its all goin down right here, the fate of humanity, decided on the bbmb..

Lex Diamonds
06-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't know man, Holocausts are pretty bad.

-T-
06-24-2008, 08:31 PM
God is not going to look at this, he is too busy using the internets for gay pron.

funk63
06-24-2008, 08:34 PM
youll have a much better life if you dont believe that when you die you go to some magical cloud world. if you believe that this life is it, its all you got, each second of every day matters so much more.

Bob
06-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't know man, Holocausts are pretty bad.

not as bad as message board debates about holocausts

-T-
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I really dont get caught up in religion. I dont know what the deal is and I dont really care I just live my life. Extremist on either end of the spectrum are usually d-bags anyways.

roosta
06-25-2008, 02:33 AM

Truth.

Kid Presentable
06-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Isn't calling a God out an implication of your belief in its existence?

Guy Incognito
06-25-2008, 04:25 AM
That's exactly the kind of vague horoscope bullshit that people use to justify their blind belief in something that never has been and never will be proved real.

For starters how about everyone weighs the amount of prayers they have had answered to the amount of prayers they HAVEN'T had answered. I'm willing to bet it's about 1:1000. That's not God, that's just something that you want actually happening once in a while.

fair point but arent you sort of praying for him to turn up? I dont actually pray I just belive there is some sort of force out there that can influence what happens to people

Chicka B
06-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Isn't calling a God out an implication of your belief in its existence?

Yeah, kind of like when so-called athiests say "Oh my God" and non-homophobics say "that's so gay", it's all learned behavior. Everything is psychological. Just think, brains are what control people and people are what control the earth but our minds are limited. And all this "Oh it's not all brain and logic, listen to your heart and soul!" is bullshit too, your brain controls your heart and your soul is just your emotions, which is also controled by your brain.

lalalallala! :p

JesusChrist
06-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Padster - My dad could kick the shit out of your dad any day of the week.

No wonder you're angry at him, he did give you an incredibly small penis.

Lex Diamonds
06-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Even if God does exist, he didn't make me. No way would I let a fruit like that near my weaponry.

Oh btw Jesus I'm your father, Mary just made up all the immaculate conception bullshit so Joseph wouldn't go apeshit.

funk63
06-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, kind of like when so-called athiests say "Oh my God" and non-homophobics say "that's so gay", it's all learned behavior. Everything is psychological. Just think, brains are what control people and people are what control the earth but our minds are limited. And all this "Oh it's not all brain and logic, listen to your heart and soul!" is bullshit too, your brain controls your heart and your soul is just your emotions, which is also controled by your brain.

word!

Pres Zount
06-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Come back next week when Padster and Guy Incognito solve the Isralel/Palestine question!

EDIT: Also, the "If you believe in your life here rather than heaven, it makes you appreciate each day more.." bullshit, well, how many days have you wasted? How many days of your life have you spent watching tv or playing video games? You can't say that kind of stuff unless you are spending all your time really pushing the envelope on life. Have you climbed Everest yet? How many orphans have you kissed? How many days have you spent listening to whales sing? I bet you waste your life like the rest of us, just as much, if not more than all the religious people out there. You're on the internet, don't tell me you appreciate life.

Lex Diamonds
06-25-2008, 07:18 AM
What do you mean next week? All those stupid wars will be over by tomorrow when I prove that religion is wrong.

camo
06-25-2008, 07:25 AM
There had to be something in the start right?

Religion just wrecks my head and keeps me awake on sunday nights, well that and coffee.

gbsuey
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
a lot of space..dust...microbes...pop tarts

that's evolution right there. no shit

Lyman Zerga
06-25-2008, 07:56 AM
:confused: who the fuck says you have to pray to ANYTHING? why do you feel that you HAVE to pray? if there is something that takes care of us (humans as a whole) it's sure doing a shitty job.

but..... if if it makes you feel good then do it!

god takes extra care of someone if you pray for him/her, you massive bimbo!

funk63
06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
are you kidding me dewd?

Lyman Zerga
06-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I told my black friend one time that God loves black people more because He gave them a permanent tan. That's about as far as my knowledge of God goes.

it would be totally kewl if gawd was a rawcist (y)

Kid Presentable
06-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Come back next week when Padster and Guy Incognito solve the Isralel/Palestine question!

EDIT: Also, the "If you believe in your life here rather than heaven, it makes you appreciate each day more.." bullshit, well, how many days have you wasted? How many days of your life have you spent watching tv or playing video games? You can't say that kind of stuff unless you are spending all your time really pushing the envelope on life. Have you climbed Everest yet? How many orphans have you kissed? How many days have you spent listening to whales sing? I bet you waste your life like the rest of us, just as much, if not more than all the religious people out there. You're on the internet, don't tell me you appreciate life.

Definitely feel you on this point, man. But it's also a bit general. For me, atheism isn't about appreciating each day more, it's about appreciating each day for what it is. I'm alive, and I'm breathing, and that's more than enough to be grateful for without expecting that my own self-satisfying good deeds will see me accepted into a paradise. I don't do things in the knowledge that they'll serve me better come any judgement. That works for me, and it's not expressed at all as an attack on those who disagree.

Planetary
06-25-2008, 07:15 PM
GOD IZ A BUT-HOLE LOL

Guy Incognito
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM

I had to LOL at that one!

M.C. Guevera
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
I am STILL not sure where I stand on religion, and I've been wrestling with this question for 5 years now!

I don't know...I guess deep down subconsciously I still believe, but I don't pray and I don't go to church. And I've found that my life hasn't been dramatiscally different from when I did believe 100% in God. I would like to have a concrete stance, but I don't. And I don't know if I ever will again. I guess I'm too scare to believe or not believe 100% in the existence of God because I'm afraid that I might be wrong. And I tend to be more comfortable with people who do believe in God rather than those who don't. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I hope that they'll pray for my salvation or something.

Eh...I just live my life and hope that if God exists he isn't too judgmental about me not praying and going to church and doubting his existence.

I will say, though, that I do believe in fate. I do believe in destiny. I do believe that things happen for a reason. I do believe that we are all connected in some way. I do believe that there are things out there that we cannot comprehend and we may never comprehend. I do believe that maybe there is some force out there who maybe isn't anything like what the religions of the Earth describe him/her/it as. Who knows? Maybe, everything will be made clear to us in the next life, if there is one.

funk63
06-26-2008, 10:57 PM
if God is real he is a sick demented bastard. I mean cmon people, we WE are fucking amazing cant we just leave it at that? why do we have say we were created by a superior being.. when the truth is and always has been that we created ourselves?

Lex Diamonds
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
So I'm still alive. He tried to kill me last night with alcohol poisoning but I made it through. Woke up on the sofa today feeling rough, with a half eaten sandwich in my hand, but still alive nonetheless.

I'ma call the Pope and tell him he can stop now.

taquitos
06-27-2008, 01:15 PM
So I'm still alive. He tried to kill me last night with alcohol poisoning but I made it through. Woke up on the sofa today feeling rough, with a half eaten sandwich in my hand, but still alive nonetheless.

what kind of sandwich was it?

abcdefz
06-27-2008, 01:22 PM
His real punishment is to let you live a while.

Guy Incognito
06-27-2008, 01:33 PM

who ate the other half?
It could be posioned.

And have you not thought that although your deadline is up, G just might biding time and kill you when s/h/it (oops) wants to, there is not a lot you could do about it. Revenge, dish , cold and all that.

Waus
06-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Matthew 4

"...Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

Heck, if anybody could've gotten a reaction you'd think it would've been Jesus.

Lex Diamonds
06-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't you think it's kind of funny how the guys that put the Bible together decided to include the whole "don't question any of this" thing? They themselves probably didn't even think people would be big enough suckers to go for that one.

Lyman Zerga
06-29-2008, 06:32 AM
the only thing that makes less sense than the bible would be the quran

WildBaldMonkey
06-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Isiah 1:18

"Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.

and

John 3:16-21

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

mate_spawn_die
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
blah blah blah

Bob
06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
the only thing that makes less sense than the bible would be the quran

i know it's not even written in a real alphabet

taquitos
06-30-2008, 12:48 AM
so i guess nobody else cares what kind of sandwich it was

Bob
06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
quoting bible verses to atheists is among the least productive things you can do

so i guess nobody else cares what kind of sandwich it was

qft

Dorothy Wood
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
quest for truth?

Lex Diamonds
06-30-2008, 05:34 AM
It was a chicken and bacon club, with onion, tomato and brown sauce. There was half of it in my hand because I had fallen asleep mid-sandwich, not because someone else ate the other half you dim-witted cretins.

Guy Incognito
06-30-2008, 06:00 AM
It was a chicken and bacon club, with onion, tomato and brown sauce. There was half of it in my hand because I had fallen asleep mid-sandwich, not because someone else ate the other half you dim-witted cretins.

i never implied somebody else ate the other half - i was just asking who did - i knew it was probably you who did its just that talking about your sandwich is more interesting than talkin about your feud with the G.

Lyman Zerga
06-30-2008, 06:05 AM
i know it's not even written in a real alphabet

haha

well the germans lost, how much more god do you want?

Lex Diamonds
06-30-2008, 06:57 PM
You chumps still talking about this "God" character? Religion is over, let's move onto something else now.

Planetary
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM

says the LORD.
they shall be like wool.

and

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

KISS MY WILD BALD ASS!

mikizee
06-30-2008, 10:15 PM

says the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER.
they shall be like wool.

and

16"For Flying Spaghetti Monster so loved the world that he gave his one and only Meatball, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For Flying Spaghetti Monster did not send his Meatball into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of Flying Spaghetti Monster's one and only Meatball. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through Flying Spaghetti Monster."

That amended sentence has as much truth in it as the original.

What really cracked me up is when the Da Vinci Code came out, and priests etc came out against it saying 'it is dangerous, as it is a book of fiction and it can mislead people as they think its true, we are against this book of fables.'

Um hello, book of fables? fiction??? THE BIBLE???? HELLOO!!!!!!!!

WildBaldMonkey
07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
It's funny, out of any conversations I've had online the most hateful, rude bunch to deal with are athiests. Always quick to ridicule, incredibly disrespectful and arrogant...here's one for ya;

Psalm 14:1

For the director of music. Of David.
The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

I love how Christians are always painted as intolerant, yet when I left one post with a few Bible verses it's made out to be a joke! You could have just disagreed with it and left it at that....instead of making fun of it. Clearly I'm out numbered here, but you really should have respect for the beliefs of others, even if they're not your own.

Bob
07-01-2008, 05:41 PM
It's funny, out of any conversations I've had online the most hateful, rude bunch to deal with are athiests. Always quick to ridicule, incredibly disrespectful and arrogant...here's one for ya;

Psalm 14:1

For the director of music. Of David.
The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

I love how Christians are always painted as intolerant, yet when I left one post with a few Bible verses it's made out to be a joke! You could have just disagreed with it and left it at that....instead of making fun of it. Clearly I'm out numbered here, but you really should have respect for the beliefs of others, even if they're not your own.

i'll agree with you that hardcore atheists tend to be more intolerant, frustrating, and difficult to get along with in an argument than most hardcore religious people, but i'm serious, why would you bother quoting a bible verse to an atheist? what do you expect to happen? atheists do not respect the bible, it's the physical manifestation of everything they find perverse about organized religion, the idea that "this book has all the answers so follow it blindly," etc. so why would you bother saying "well maybe this book can answer your question!"

i'm really not trying to be a dick about this, really i'm not. i'm just honestly puzzled about why people do that. the bible has no sway with atheists, it will be of no avail in a discussion with one. if an atheist's position is "the bible was not written by god, it does not contain divine guidance or universal truth and so on, it's just a book" then i really don't understand why someone would respond to that with "well this is what the bible has to say about that", it doesn't do anything.

Guy Incognito
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
i'm really not trying to be a dick about this, really i'm not. i'm just honestly puzzled about why people do that. the bible has no sway with atheists, it will be of no avail in a discussion with one. if an atheist's position is "the bible was not written by god, it does not contain divine guidance or universal truth and so on, it's just a book" then i really don't understand why someone would respond to that with "well this is what the bible has to say about that", it doesn't do anything.

Good point, I think its like that episode of the simpsons where bart and lisa try using all these quotes from the scriptures and texts to convince Krusty's dad to reunite with his son and they end up making him see the light by quoting aSammy Davis Jr tune. I think thats a good analogy anyway

Bob
07-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Good point, I think its like that episode of the simpsons where bart and lisa try using all these quotes from the scriptures and texts to convince Krusty's dad to reunite with his son and they end up making him see the light by quoting aSammy Davis Jr tune. I think thats a good analogy anyway

well that wasn't quite where i was going

i'm reluctant to elaborate because i hate hate hate debating religion on the internet, it's one of the most unproductive and exhausting things you can do outside of flame wars with slimme, and i'm coming dangerously close to doing it but i just can't help myself, i have to clarify

what i mean to say is, atheists believe that there is no god, that the bible's just a translation of a translation of a translation of a book written by men, not god, over 2,000 years ago, and that the whole concept of religion is basically a sham to get people to behave and/or give up all their money (i think). the bible is not a book of answers, it's central to the sham, in the scheme of this argument.

so to respond to that argument with "well testing god doesn't work because the bible says this about it" or "not believing in god is wrong because the bible says this about it" is pointless because according to that argument, the bible is a corrupt piece of crap that's just designed to get people to buy into the sham. i don't get why people quote it.

it's like:

john: "the bible is wrong"

mike: "no it's not"

john: "how do you know?"

mike: "bible says so. here's a verse"

it's frustrating to watch and i just have to comment on it

for the record, i'm not saying there is no god or that religion is a sham (well catholicism is) or that the bible is a corrupt piece of crap, i'm just saying that these are the things that atheists believe and that in arguing with an atheist, quoting the bible is counterproductive. i'm not even an atheist myself, i'm a devout agnostic, i don't care what people believe, as long as they're not catholic

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I think the only thing worse than a crazy religious fanatic is your avid anti-religion know it all...both are equally ignorant and pathetic though

Freebasser
07-01-2008, 06:03 PM

I saved my file and walked over to my bed, there must have been two dozen
people on my contact list who were online but none of them ever talked to
me, it'd have been nice but it wasn't going to happen. I slumped into my
bed, it was only 10pm but depression had caused me to feel much more tired
than I was. I sulked into my pillow and sighed, that seemed to wake Rufus
up and he looked at me. Rufus is Border collie and the most beautiful dog I
have ever seen, he's understanding for a dog and apart from house training
has never disappointed me. He got onto the bed and made that whining noise
whenever something was wrong. I rubbed his head between his ears and he
licked my face and nose, causing me to laugh. My nose is my special spot
and Rufus seemed to know that. He licked it again and just stared at me,
his right front paw on my chest. I don't know why and still don't but I
kissed him on the lips and he licked me more, his tongue searching. I
willingly accepted, and my tongue joined his. I hugged him then and
whispered into his ear how much I loved him, it struck me then how lonely I
was, I hadn't had a good loving partner in almost a year and here was
Rufus, my best friend... Humping my belly?! I stopped hugging him and
laughed, he seemed to be smiling as well, panting slightly.

"Not one for romantic mush eh Ruuf?"

He just lowered his head, sniffing the bed and looked up again. My eyesight
was drawn immediately to his sheath; his pink cock was starting to stick
out. Lying down as I was, contrasting against his black and white fur his
cock wasn't hard to spot. I moved my foot up to touch it, and he started to
hump, more of his cock was showing with each thrust. Then I got his cock
in-between my big toe and the one right next to it (Is there a name for
them?) and he started to hump faster, his cock rapidly swelling up. I
should mention now that I never got Rufus fixed, I wouldn't want it done to
me, so I'm certainly not going to have it done to my friend. He kept on
doing this for a while, and I just watched mesmerised as his cock rapidly
moving, slicked up by his copious amounts of precum. I sat up, my own dick
making a dent in my boxers. I took Rufus's cock into my hand and was amazed how hot it was. He was quite happy to hump my hand until he spotted the wet patch on my boxers, and he licked at the precum there, and seemed to really like the taste.

and

He stopped humping my hand so I used the distraction to
take my boxers off, my dick sprung back up and he went to it, short little
licks with his rough tongue. This was really turning me on but Rufus just
seemed interested in my precum, eventually I had to push him away as my
cockhead was getting oversensitive. As I pushed his head down he seemed to
dive between my bum and started licking. He was going to rim me! I didn't
hesitate and spread my legs, my heart beating wildly; I've wanted this for
so long. My anticipation was cut short as his tongue touched my bared
arsehole, hot rough texture upon sensitive puckered flesh causing me to
moan out in pleasure. I may live by myself, but I've always been quite
during sex. However this was so exciting and so pleasurable I couldn't help
but moan in response. Rufus if anything seemed encouraged by this and
licked deeper, driving his snout up in-between my cheeks. It felt so good,
but then I saw his cock, I knew what had to be done; at least what I
thought had to be done. I rolled over and he continued lapping at my
pucker, never ceasing until I got up on all fours and he got the idea
almost instantly. He jumped up onto my back and started humping, I winced
his front paws clawing my back. It was nothing compared to the feeling of
what happened next. His cock found its target and it felt like a red hot
poker was trying to shove its way into me. He buried it in with one thrust
and I did scream a lot and swore enough to make an old sailor blush. He
didn't stop, didn't wait for me to adjust, just fucked me hard and fast,
his hot precum felt like piss; there was so much of it. I could hear him
panting, his tongue resting upon my back, hot doggy drool covering my
neck. It just made everything hotter, the pain rapidly fading into
pleasure. I can say now nothing compares to the feeling of hot dog cock,
nor the speed and relentless power. On and on his cock drove into me,
grinding against my prostate, his paws reaching back and rubbing against my
cock. Then it happened. Like all dogs, Rufus had a knot. I didn't get a
chance to see it but it felt like a fist was pushing against my
sphincter. I tried to resist but there was no way I could have held out. I
was his bitch and I was going to get tied. I've read enough dog stories to
know about knots, and instead of panicking I just... opened up? I defiantly
relaxed and just accepted it. And in hindsight I'm glad I did to, his knot
entered into me and I was expecting pain. There wasn't pain, he fucked me
even faster, short little thrusts. And then he came, I thought he was
pissing into me! Oh my god, I never knew anything could cum that much, and
then his knot expanded, then I felt pain. I felt like I was going to
explode, his cock and knot swelled to huge proportions and I damn near
passed out from the pain. But slowly I adjusted to it, and the pain got
less and less, and the feeling was indescribable. It was soo fucking
hot. Eventually his knot slipped out and he jumped at the opportunity to
lick me clean, getting all the cum from my spent arse. I got onto my side,
and saw him lick his cock.

"You liked that boy?"

He got near my face and sniffled, giving me a lick. I told him how much of
a good boy he was, kissing him and loving him. And then I slept.

Bob
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I think the only thing worse than a crazy religious fanatic is your avid anti-religion know it all...both are equally ignorant and pathetic though

i think it depends on just how crazy and fanatic the religious guy is (the ones who deprive their children of medical attention and let them die because they believe prayer is the only way god would allow are pretty terrible, but they're exceptional) but for the most part i totally agree with you. at least your average devout religious person is generally happy to live their life according to their faith and just let other people be, but the devout atheist thinks you're wrong and wants you to know exactly why you're wrong and how incredibly stupid you are for being wrong. even if they're right (not saying they are or aren't) i think that's a terrible way to convert people

Bob
07-01-2008, 06:06 PM
And then I slept.

amen

WildBaldMonkey
07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
i'll agree with you that hardcore atheists tend to be more intolerant, frustrating, and difficult to get along with in an argument than most hardcore religious people, but i'm serious, why would you bother quoting a bible verse to an atheist? what do you expect to happen? atheists do not respect the bible, it's the physical manifestation of everything they find perverse about organized religion, the idea that "this book has all the answers so follow it blindly," etc. so why would you bother saying "well maybe this book can answer your question!"

I can only speak for myself, but I think the reason that most Christians quote Bible verses is because that's the core of what we believe, or I guess you could say what reached them/us/me. I guess it's like an athiest telling a Christian about Darwin, to me that means nothing, there is so much more to life than random chance! But it's a Christians job to tell the Gospel. We don't just follow a blind faith, blind faith is faith without evidence. We believe that there is evidence for the Christian faith. For the record I'm a Protestant, not Roman Catholic in anyway...

Bob
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
We don't just follow a blind faith, blind faith is faith without evidence. We believe that there is evidence for the Christian faith. For the record I'm a Protestant, not Roman Catholic in anyway...

that's the thing though, in these arguments, you rarely ever hear that evidence, you just hear people quoting the bible. if you have evidence outside of the bible, then that's something entirely different. i mean it probably still won't help (again, i have yet to see a debate about religion over the internet that resulted in anyone changing their mind about anything) but at least it's addressing the argument.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 06:26 PM
i think it depends on just how crazy and fanatic the religious guy is (the ones who deprive their children of medical attention and let them die because they believe prayer is the only way god would allow are pretty terrible, but they're exceptional) but for the most part i totally agree with you. at least your average devout religious person is generally happy to live their life according to their faith and just let other people be, but the devout atheist thinks you're wrong and wants you to know exactly why you're wrong and how incredibly stupid you are for being wrong. even if they're right (not saying they are or aren't) i think that's a terrible way to convert people

Yeah I'm talkin bout the people on either side who are just so pompous and convinced that they are so "right"and everyone else is just ignorant and stupid...they usually just wind up making themselves took silly this thread is a nice example of that

WildBaldMonkey
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
that's the thing though, in these arguments, you rarely ever hear that evidence, you just hear people quoting the bible. if you have evidence outside of the bible, then that's something entirely different. i mean it probably still won't help (again, i have yet to see a debate about religion over the internet that resulted in anyone changing their mind about anything) but at least it's addressing the argument.

As far as extra-biblical evidence, Jesus remaining disciples were killed for their faith...for preaching that Jesus had risen from the dead and that he was the Son of God. So out of 11 people that claimed to have seen Jesus alive three days after the crucifixion, not one of them came out and said that they were lying or that the resurrection was all made up. If it was all made up, why would they have gone to their deaths for someting that they knew was a lie? Something caused them to come out and tell the things that they had seen. Although I doubt anyone here wants to here it, there are plenty of old testment references to Christ.

Planetary
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I wasn't trying to ridicule you, i just wanted to say wild bald ass...

WildBaldMonkey
07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I wasn't trying to ridicule you, i just wanted to say wild bald ass...

I understand...

Dorothy Wood
07-01-2008, 07:25 PM
FREEBASSER!

Chicka B
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Freebasser. :D

Ok I feel like rambling about my opinions and experiences too sooo...

What I find stupid are all these generalizations. Like "all atheists are <insert negative word here>". Take me for example, just because I don't believe in god or any religion, doesn't mean I think other people that do are stupid or think I know it all and try to push my beliefs on other people. Who knows, maybe someday I'll find god...I highly doubt it, but it doesn't mean god doesn't exist. Obviously he does to a lot of people and is a major part of their lives. I just personally find it hard to believe in something that hasn't always been there for me. One of my best friends is actually a christian and I support her, I even went to church with her a couple times, and I haven't burst into flames! :rolleyes: The thing I like about religion is that the main idea is positive, to give people good morals and comfort and faith. The only thing I noticed that I don't like is that it can be kind of a mind-fuck, and some people get brainwashed and take the bible too literally. Like my friend whom is a hardcore christian sins so much it's unreal: premarital sex, drugs, over eating, cussing, lieing, disrepecting her parents, etc. So she must feel some extreme guilt for this right? Or maybe she just asks God for forgiveness everytime she does it...that's what I don't get. :confused: And also, she judges people and their lifestyles when it says in the bible not to and that it's God's job or something. Like there was the anniversary of this boy at my school that got beaten to death because he was gay, and a bunch of people were wearing "gay, fine by me" shirts that were sold by a gay support group...I wore one because I thought it was a great message, it supports tolerance and acceptance of people who are different. But here are some things my friend said "It's not fine by me! What they do is wrong, they're going to hell! It's against my religion! I don't like how they're exploiting homosexuality, why don't they have 'straight, fine by me' shirts?!" and I just found it extremely ignorant. Then when I said something, she's like "Oh I don't hate gay people, just what they do. They need to change if they want to go to heaven..." Gay people can't just stop being gay like a person that does drugs can just stop doing drugs, but that's what she thinks. :eek: I know there are flaws in everybody's thinking patterns including mine, but ignorance and intolerance has gotta be the most corrupt. My point is, I'm an atheist and I'm more tolerant, understanding, and open minded than a lot of people it seems. Just thought some people need a point of view from an atheist who's a good person. :cool:

Planetary
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I understand...

KISS MY WILD BALD ASS!

get it now?

WildBaldMonkey
07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
get it now?

Yeah, I get it........

Kid Presentable
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I think I've been plenty tolerant, both in this thread and in real life. At the absolute least I've not accused anybody of being intolerant. I'm happy on my path, be happy on yours.

Lex Diamonds
07-02-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't have a problem with religion, a few of my close friends are religious (in fact we had this conversation last night), however I speak my mind and I have no problem telling people what I think of religion.

And for the people that keep quoting the Bible as the big centrepiece to their beliefs: that book was compiled in the 12th century, by people with ulterior motives, from over 400 different books. Think about all the shit they left out, and think about why they left it out. It's the biggest (and ironically, most transparent) form of control there is.

Lyman Zerga
07-02-2008, 07:51 AM
ignorance is my god (y)

Waus
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
i' i'm just honestly puzzled about why people do that. the bible has no sway with atheists...

I only put in those couple of lines because people say stuff like "GOD SAYZ HED STRIKE ME DOWN IF I DENOUNCE HIM RIGHT!?"

...and no, he doesn't say that. It's your own choice - and I don't believe there are necessarily any immediate consequences. So uninformed people try to rub it in your face that nothing is happening to them when no one claimed something would.

HAL 9000
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
And for the people that keep quoting the Bible as the big centrepiece to their beliefs: that book was compiled in the 12th century, by people with ulterior motives, from over 400 different books. Think about all the shit they left out, and think about why they left it out. It's the biggest (and ironically, most transparent) form of control there is.

I don’t think this is right – I think you are referring to the Council of Carthage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Councils_of_Carthage) which was 4th century (397 AD) and as I understand it played a big part in the direction Christianity took after this and set out in law the biblical canon. Of course, from the middle ages onwards various Christian sects have disagreed about which bits belong in the bible and different denominations have different bibles to this day.

But yea, it is a book made up by largely unknown people, for largely unclear reasons with little corroborating evidence for any of it.

HAL 9000
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Freebasser. :D

Ok I feel like rambling about my opinions and experiences too sooo...

What I find stupid are all these generalizations. Like "all atheists are <insert negative word here>". Take me for example, just because I don't believe in god or any religion, doesn't mean I think other people that do are stupid or think I know it all and try to push my beliefs on other people. Who knows, maybe someday I'll find god...I highly doubt it, but it doesn't mean god doesn't exist. Obviously he does to a lot of people and is a major part of their lives. I just personally find it hard to believe in something that hasn't always been there for me. One of my best friends is actually a christian and I support her, I even went to church with her a couple times, and I haven't burst into flames! :rolleyes: The thing I like about religion is that the main idea is positive, to give people good morals and comfort and faith. The only thing I noticed that I don't like is that it can be kind of a mind-fuck, and some people get brainwashed and take the bible too literally. Like my friend whom is a hardcore christian sins so much it's unreal: premarital sex, drugs, over eating, cussing, lieing, disrepecting her parents, etc. So she must feel some extreme guilt for this right? Or maybe she just asks God for forgiveness everytime she does it...that's what I don't get. :confused: And also, she judges people and their lifestyles when it says in the bible not to and that it's God's job or something. Like there was the anniversary of this boy at my school that got beaten to death because he was gay, and a bunch of people were wearing "gay, fine by me" shirts that were sold by a gay support group...I wore one because I thought it was a great message, it supports tolerance and acceptance of people who are different. But here are some things my friend said "It's not fine by me! What they do is wrong, they're going to hell! It's against my religion! I don't like how they're exploiting homosexuality, why don't they have 'straight, fine by me' shirts?!" and I just found it extremely ignorant. Then when I said something, she's like "Oh I don't hate gay people, just what they do. They need to change if they want to go to heaven..." Gay people can't just stop being gay like a person that does drugs can just stop doing drugs, but that's what she thinks. I know there are flaws in everybody's thinking patterns including mine, but ignorance and intolerance has gotta be the most corrupt. My point is, I'm an atheist and I'm more tolerant, understanding, and open minded than a lot of people it seems. Just thought some people need a point of view from an atheist who's a good person. :cool:

(y)