PDA

View Full Version : The best advice you never took...

cookiepuss
06-26-2008, 05:53 PM
What was it?

I have this theory...that most of us don't follow advice. we may recognize it's good, but for whatever reason we just go right on ahead and do what we were going to do anyway. Yet we go out and we collect advice and perspectives with feverish passion when something is bothering us. :confused:

I currently have some great advice on the table...but I can't tell you if I'm going to take it yet. 2 parts of the advice I can accomplish, I think, and the third part I'm pretty sure I'm going to bumble up. it's like a car crash I still have time avoid but I'm going to total the car anyway. what the fuck is wrong with me?

Bob
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
What was it?

I have this theory...that most of us don't follow advice. we may recognize it's good, but for whatever reason we just go right on ahead and do what we were going to do anyway. Yet we go out and we collect advice and perspectives with feverish passion when something is bothering us. :confused:

I currently have some great advice on the table...but I can't tell you if I'm going to take it yet. 2 parts of the advice I can accomplish, I think, and the third part I'm pretty sure I'm going to bumble up. it's like a car crash I still have time avoid but I'm going to total the car anyway. what the fuck is wrong with me?

personally i think you should take the first and third parts of the advice but not the second, it's not as sound as the other two

paul jones
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I wish I'd taken the advice not to go to Florida the 4th time last year.It would have saved me a lot of money and I could have got a HD tv and PS3 and be playing GTA 4 right now.

cookiepuss
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
lol. ^ hey that was MY advice to you. (y)

ya for us and fucking up! whooooo!!

Yetra Flam
06-26-2008, 06:20 PM
what's the advice that's been given you? what's it regarding? and what are the three parts? i'm curious.

cookiepuss
06-26-2008, 06:38 PM
^ welllllllllll.... I'm not sure I want to share it but I will give an overview...

it's about changing my life. and it's a little drastic but, I've been rather unhappy for a while now and i need a fresh start.

Edit:

er...if you saw it fine...but I don't want to keep this post up. I just can't openly talk about the specifics of this right now...because there are still decision to be made...

jabumbo
06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
probably some advice having to do with a girl. i would always ask different people or their thoughts, and then hardly ever actually use any of the suggestions

kll
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
^ yep.

Echewta
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Shouldn't have been so "nice" in college. College was for fun. Didn't take advantage of that.

I lost a number once too. I was told that I should send it off in a letter to myself but I didn't. It was the only one I wanted and apparently should have used it if I felt better when I got home. Oh well.

cosmo105
06-30-2008, 06:58 PM
You can't stay friends.

Documad
06-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I stayed too long at a job that was comfortable because I was good at it but it wasn't helping me grow. An older woman in a supervisory position who wasn't my supervisor tried to tell me that my immediate supervisor wanted to keep me in the job because it helped HER even though it wasn't helping ME grow. I stayed another year, getting bored, going crazy, and letting other opportunities go by because I was a chicken. Eventually I was saved and got a job where I could grow, but man I wish I had that extra year back.

Lyman Zerga
07-01-2008, 03:14 AM
my sister and i threw a home party and my mum was ok with that but told us to not use conffetis cause it's a pain in the ass to clean up later but we did

13 years later im still finding conffetis!

:o

ms.peachy
07-01-2008, 03:22 AM
"Don't start smoking."

AceFace
07-01-2008, 08:28 AM
it's called learning lessons. you want advise but until you actually learn the lesson, you're going to think you're right.

i will say... i listen to my parents a LOT more than i used to about things. i learned my lesson the hard way!

abcdefz
07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Have faith.

insertnamehere
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
everything cosmo has ever said about boys

Dorothy Wood
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I stayed in a job that I hated for way too long, despite my friends and family telling me to quit when the first shady things started happening. but, I suppose if that wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't appreciate the job I have now so much.

I'm sure there's all sorts of other things people told me I should do that I didn't out of fear. meh.

there was one guy, my first love, who was bad news and my mom told me so, but I still went out with him. he really was bad news.

instigator7022
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Trust no one

Rock
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Do good in school.

or is it Do well in school?

see!

beastieangel01
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
it's called learning lessons.

(!) (y)