PDA

View Full Version : dammit, this guy

ericlee
06-27-2008, 12:22 AM
I work with this one guy who is always telling lies about what he's done in the military and always getting busted on it.

For instance, we had the marine corps ball last year that was thrown by our company since all of us are former military. To attend, you come in wearing your class A uniform which has all your medals, ribbons and patches that you've earned.

Anyhow, this guy comes in wearing spurs on his shoes. In order to earn spurs you have to first have a very high physical endurance score to be considered to participate in the spur ride- a very strenuous test and after completion of the spur ride, you are awarded a set of spurs and a Stetson hat. Refer to the movie "Apocalypse Now" and notice that Lt. Col Kilgore is wearing both a Stetson and a pair of spurs on his boots.

Well, I notice this guy wearing the spurs without a Stetson and I ask where his Stetson is because you can't be in proper uniform wearing on thing without the other. He tells me that he was in a cav scout unit and cav scouts are given spurs to them as part of their uniform. I've been attached to cav scout units and I've never seen them wearing spurs unless they've completed the spur ride and if they are wearing the spurs, they're also wearing the Stetson with it.

So, I mention this to another coworker recently and we eventually bust this guy out for wearing something he hasn't earned. Also, this guy tells my coworker that he completed the spur ride when he told me that he got the spurs because he was in a cav scout unit.

Bah. I'll talk more about him because he's the talk of the day during work hours.

Anyone else know someone that you can't have a conversation with because you can't believe a damn word that comes from their mouth?

paul jones
06-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Anyone else know someone that you can't have a conversation with because you can't believe a damn word that comes from their mouth?

yeah,there's an annoying woman at work who's straight off 'Jeremy Kyle' (UK white trash type people)

I avoid her at all costs because all she can talk about is her neighbours or family and what they've been doing and usually starting with 'ere'....this'll make yoo laugh...'

which of course it never does

camo
06-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Yeah a guy who I used to work with at Hallmark.

Every time I said something that had happened to me or something that I had done he'd tell me about one of his 'mates' doing either the exact same thing or doing it better than me. In fact it didn't just have to be things that I had done, it was pretty much anything anyone had done.

Me: So, last night I came off my skateboard in front of a load of girls and nearly died from embarrassment.'

Him: 'My mate who is semi pro once fell off his board in front of the queen and was Knighted because she found him entertaining.'

Pffft.

insertnamehere
06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
I work with a guy that was in the army that constantly tells "when i was in the army" stories, but half the shit he says is bull, i know it. stuff like they just called him up and he had to go to whatever town because he just got a promotion because one of his former higher ups wanted him to participate in some like special forces things that he was too low of a rank to be in, so they just gave him a promotion. and THATS why he got a hair cut.

when that happened he way saying that he was gonna get called up soon to go do whatever special project. funny, that was at least 6 months ago and he's still working at the sandwich shop with me

abcdefz
06-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I can't believe a word I say.

ericlee
06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I work with a guy that was in the army that constantly tells "when i was in the army" stories, but half the shit he says is bull, i know it. stuff like they just called him up and he had to go to whatever town because he just got a promotion because one of his former higher ups wanted him to participate in some like special forces things that he was too low of a rank to be in, so they just gave him a promotion. and THATS why he got a hair cut.

when that happened he way saying that he was gonna get called up soon to go do whatever special project. funny, that was at least 6 months ago and he's still working at the sandwich shop with me

He sounds like my coworker.

Wearing something you haven't earned (px ranger) could be a serious violation and he could have gotten some time for it. It's about as serious as impersonating an officer.

If I hadn't mentioned him wearing the spurs, he would have kept on wearing them to the balls because there's mostly marines that work with us and they dont know anything about earning the spurs because it's an army event.

Say you've worked very hard to earn something. Once you've earned it, you can't wait to wear it in pride and you know that there's very few people that have accomplished it. Next thing you know, here comes some schmuck wearing it and you know damn well they didn't earn it.

It's like someone wearing a green beret that isn't a green beret.

abcdefz
06-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Wearing something you haven't earned (px ranger) could be a serious violation and he could have gotten some time for it. It's about as serious as impersonating an officer.

C.J. Cregg uses that to get an officer to stand down on an episode of The West Wing. He's wearing medals he hasn't earned.

bigblu89
06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh man, there was this guy I used to work with that told all sorts of asanine stories about things he's done.

Worst part about it was that his wife worked there as well, and shot down his stories all the time.

abcdefz
06-27-2008, 11:50 AM
That must be a nice dynamic.

gbsuey
06-28-2008, 05:24 AM
i used to live next door to an oldish guy who said he worked in the music biz years back and if he managed to catch you outside you'd be there for hours listening to his bullshit so if we saw him we had to bundle inside really quick. he literally said "been there,done that got the t-shirt" a few times and was always just lying. A found him lying on the floor pissed and bleeding one day and took him home-quite sad i guess