PDA

View Full Version : Rate WALL*E

abcdefz
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
...might as well get this started.

Looks like I see this tomorrow morning. (y)

jabumbo
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
i had a ticket for a free screening on tuesday night, but i came home from work and fell asleep and missed it.

looks like i wont see it until it hits dvd :rolleyes:

ScarySquirrel
06-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I have a coupon for $7 off at any Mann's theatre, so I was thinking of hitting up the "famous" Chinese 6 this weekend and seeing that sucker...

If I do, I'm coming back to let y'all know how I feel 'bout 'er. I hear the first 30 minutes have no dialogue at all... and it's really good. So, that should be interesting.

DipDipDive
06-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I loved it. It's socially relevant without being preachy and heartwarming without being cheesy. I preferred the earth scenes over the ship scenes and thought it wouldn't have hurt if about 10-15 minutes of the "rogue robot" material and chase action were removed, but other than that, I thought it was fantastic. The music was absolutely wonderful, and that's an aspect of kiddie type flicks that can totally ruin the experience for me if it isn't spot on. This was. Major points for Louis Armstrong.

Favorites: the spork, the progression of art history during the "rebuilding" in the closing credits.

8/10

(y)(y)

adam_f
06-28-2008, 05:26 AM
It's terribly average compared to the rating it gets on rottentomatoes. Like DDD said, 10-15 minutes of the "rogue robot" could be removed but that's a hell of a lot of time in a computer animated movie. The music was cool and the movie looked fantastic, but it's just not something I could get into. Kinda lame, if you ask me.

The Notorious LOL
06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
8/10

abcdefz
06-28-2008, 12:56 PM
If adam didn't like it, that is praise indeed. (y)

adam_f
06-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by abcdefz
If adam didn't like it, that is praise indeed. (y)

Ass :D

I also saw Get Smart and the best part of that was the Dark Knight trailer before it.

abcdefz
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I swallow my words, adam. I liked Wall*E more than you, but I was disappointed by the back half.

One more "Wallllleeee!!!" "Evaaaa!" exchange and I was going to hit someone.

7.5/10

AceFace
06-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I swallow my words, adam. I liked Wall*E more than you, but I was disappointed by the back half.

One more "Wallllleeee!!!" "Evaaaa!" exchange and I was going to hit someone.

7.5/10

been waiting for this review. i def won't be seeing it in the theater.

abcdefz
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh, man, but the first half is soooooooooooooooooooo worth it.

Beautiful looking movie. It just that the second half is so... it just turns into a regular movie, plot-wise. It still has some ideas, but most of
the discovery and wonder is in that first half.

It's absolutely worth matinée money. I'd say it's better than Monsters Inc. and a little less than Finding Nemo.

I rank them:

Toy Story 2/The Incredibles
Toy Story
Ratatouille
Finiding Nemo
Wall*E
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life
Cars

Nygel
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, good things its a kids movie. Kids are dumb, therefore just make it pretty and cute and dumb jokes. I loved it because thats what it did.

Also Get Smart was good you son of a bitch.

Dorothy Wood
07-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I didn't really understand why the humans were real in the beginning, then cartoons in the end. shouldn't fred willard have been animated at least?

everything else looked so real, I didn't really get into the human stuff. also, I didn't like their voices, they were too recognizable as known voices from our time. I didn't like eve's voice either, it seemed too "sexy" or something, too human. I liked the character though.

I love love loved wall-e though. so cute.

my favorite guy was the cleaning bot, mo.

overall, the music was great and the animation blew my mind. the earth stuff was awesome. and I agree with DDD's favorites. and I LOL'd when all those fat babies rolled across the floor.

7/10

abcdefz
07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
The humans were a big problem, really. By making them so lethargic and dulled, they were just... dull.

milleson
07-05-2008, 06:55 PM
My kids really enjoyed it.

The opening short about the magician was easily the best part, though.

DipDipDive
07-06-2008, 02:34 AM

TRUE.

That rabbit was supes precious.

taquitos
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
chihuahua!

adam_f
07-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Who gave it a 2? I at least gave it a 6.

HotAndWet
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
it made me cry at the end when they play that corny song from hello dolly or whatever..it's like "someone to lovvve" or something.

abcdefz
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM

That's the closest they've come to doing a Warner Bros.-style short. I liked it a lot.

roosta
07-20-2008, 04:53 AM
It was OK.

I was kinda underwhelmed...but I guess that's what hype does. It looked great though.

My favourite part was the 2001 / Thus Spake Zarathustra bit.... but that music makes most things great.

camo
07-22-2008, 07:12 AM
I prefered it when it was just wall*e and eve on earth but it took a turn for the worst when they borded the human space craft. It seemed to lose all the the simple charm it had built up.

The cgi was amazing. At times wall*e looked like he was a physical object. Those boundaries are getting closer.