PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury highlights

Planetary
06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
anyone see kings of leon just? excellent set. as tight as ever and played all the best tunes:)(Y). although shitty bbc2 barely showed any and that irritating north-eastern woman was presenting it who doesnt seem to know anything about anything. (n)

gbsuey
06-28-2008, 03:34 AM
i saw a wee bit of mgmt-that was good-not kol though.

Guy Incognito
06-28-2008, 05:24 AM
taped all the bbc three stuff - just watched it all, kept showing loads of stuff over over and over like kt bastard tunstall and the ting tings, showed loads of kings of leon, not my faveourites but they had a good sound.
the beeb coverage is annoying but i dont know if thats just cause i am not there and its frustrating me. they are supposed to be showing most of jay z tonight tho'. i hope he has a stormer and shuts evryone up. the thing that makes me laff is that loads of people keep whingeing and its made it more of an event and he is just getting more attention and exposure which is good.

gbsuey
06-28-2008, 05:31 AM
i can't see the problem-glastonbury has always had a wide range of music so why is a bit of hip-hop such a no-no. fucking old bastard shakin stevens is a worse choice-it's not even funny!

hope they get no more rain tho-it must be such a shitter having to traul through mud for miles

Guy Incognito
06-28-2008, 05:39 AM
i can't see the problem-glastonbury has always had a wide range of music so why is a bit of hip-hop such a no-no. fucking old bastard shakin stevens is a worse choice-it's not even funny!

hope they get no more rain tho-it must be such a shitter having to traul through mud for miles

the rain is shit but i must admit to hoping it rains a little bit so that i feel justified in not going this year. i couldnt have handled not going if it was nice weather i would have been gutted.

gbsuey
06-28-2008, 06:53 AM
the rain is shit but i must admit to hoping it rains a little bit so that i feel justified in not going this year. i couldnt have handled not going if it was nice weather i would have been gutted.

i don't think i've ever been bothered about not going -prefer smaller festies. jumped over fence to get in once-we were living just up the road. had more fun legging it across fields and thru hedges to evade farmers than when we got in! nice chilled moment sitting on hill above the site watching the orb do little fluffy clouds-it kind of wafted out for miles-cosmic!!

faz
06-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I was watching the coverage on the bbc iplayer earlier and of the two 1 hour shows I found my self skimming through them stopping only for the 2 lupe fiasco performances, a dizzee rascal performance and interview and a ting tings performance.

But after watching last night's jonathan ross's interview with Jay, I'm pretty hyped for his performance, especially after all the shit its taken for it to happen. I'm currently listening to westwood (which never happens) and I've got the bbc 3 show at 10.30 sky+'d (as I'm currently being convinced to go out tonight)

Guy Incognito
06-28-2008, 06:17 PM
jay z was outstanding. that is all.

faz
06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
jay z was outstanding. that is all.

Yep. Jay z wins Glastonbury.

Guy Incognito
06-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Yep. Jay z wins Glastonbury.

he was brilliant, i think if bbc had shown the clips before he came out then wonderwall would have made even more sense (it was funny tho') but i just like the fact he put on a special glastonbury show, didnt take himself too seriously , looked like he was really enjoying himself and that he took the challenge and killed it. I only knew about 50% of his tunes but doin stuff like the estelle bit, the fuck bush bit, 99 problems with AC/DC , his very dignified speech at the end ,i could go on, i have already watched it 3 times! It was just nice to see that in the plethora of absolutely shite, samey monotonus guitar band shite that i have seen on the beebs coverage that he made me get out of my seat. I really wish i had gone now:(

gbsuey
06-29-2008, 06:27 AM
right-i'm off to the iplayer....

Parkey
06-29-2008, 07:06 AM
He was ace.

gbsuey
06-29-2008, 07:12 AM
from what i'm seeing he seems like the perfect festival headliner-he has a bit of everything and it's totally feel-good. be different if it were some totally hardcore gangsta rap with no happiness. spot on i say-would liked to have been there.

paul jones
06-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I haven't seen ANY glastonbury highlights yet

Was Shakin Stevens any good?

Parkey
06-29-2008, 09:26 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GXZsO16w9sw

faz
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
he was brilliant, i think if bbc had shown the clips before he came out then wonderwall would have made even more sense (it was funny tho') but i just like the fact he put on a special glastonbury show, didnt take himself too seriously , looked like he was really enjoying himself and that he took the challenge and killed it. I only knew about 50% of his tunes but doin stuff like the estelle bit, the fuck bush bit, 99 problems with AC/DC , his very dignified speech at the end ,i could go on, i have already watched it 3 times! It was just nice to see that in the plethora of absolutely shite, samey monotonus guitar band shite that i have seen on the beebs coverage that he made me get out of my seat. I really wish i had gone now:(

Yeah, I was listening to westwood on my pc and was going to stick on bbc3 when he came out and there was a good few mins between westwood saying the show had started and bbc3 switching from massive attack (I think?) to jay.

The comments on that youtube video are pretty awful. The always reliable dailymail also has a headline that says "how angry hip-hop star upset Glastonbury organisers"

Guy Incognito
06-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I haven't seen ANY glastonbury highlights yet

Was Shakin Stevens any good?

i seen a lot bbc stuff and they only showed one minute of This ole house and thats it

paul jones
06-29-2008, 05:19 PM
i seen a lot bbc stuff and they only showed one minute of This ole house and thats it

that would have been enough to get me moist