PDA

View Full Version : Great now I need advice...or at least opinions

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I'll try to keep this short cus i tend to ramble...

A couple weeks back I was at the doctor's office on base and then had to go the pharmacy afterwards. While I was in the waiting room a very attractive young lady came in, I smiled at her but didn't talk to her. Later when I went to the pharmacy there she was again so I chatted her up a bit and did some flirting.

The next day I was still thinking bout her and I thought she was really cute so I sent her an e-mail (I got her work address because we wear name tags and she was the only one in the directory with that last name) which went something like this "Hey this is that dude you met in the pharmacy the other day...listen I realize this is kind of a cheesy way to contact a woman but I thought you were really cute and seemed interesting. I did notice a ring but it didn't look like a wedding ring. Anyway if you ever wanna get together I'd like that"

Well she wrote me back and said that she did have a boyfriend but he has moved out of state and wasn't sure exactly what was going to happen with that situation. I told her that was cool and I could respect that she had a man but the worst case scenario would be that we both make a new friend...no big deal

So we e-mailed back and forth a few times but then I went out of time for like 5 days but we were texting most of that time as well. So when I got back into town yesterday I asked if she wanted to meet for dinner so we did. I had a really nice time and I thought she did too. The conversation was great, she did most of the talking but she was animated and funny...plus had some really pretty eyes lol. Anyway the point is I thought it went well but today I haven't really hear from her. Like we were texting back and forth pretty much all day when I was out of town but today it was like 2 messages.

So my only theory is that she may have been upset that I didn't pay for her dinner. The only reason I didn't was because during the course of the meal she did make a few references to her boyfriend. Not like "my ex" or "the guy I was seeing" whatever....it didn't matter because in my mind I figured it was a just friends kind of deal right? So the way I was it when the waitress asked if it was together or separate I was ok not paying for her. I have been racking my brain all day and that's the bes I've come up with because honestly she wasn't putting out any vibes like she was having a bad time or thought I was a creep.

What do you guys think? Oh and sorry this is so long

marsdaddy
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
She has a man. I bet her man buys her things, but like Positive K said, "Well you can keep your man, cause I don't go that route..."

paul jones
07-01-2008, 12:48 AM
buy her a sybian

russhie
07-01-2008, 01:40 AM
It's not very nice of her to go to dinner with some dude she met in a pharmacy while her current boyfriend is out of town.

Maybe it's the bill thing, or maybe she realised what it'd feel like if she found out her boyfriend had been to dinner with a random while she was away.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 07:05 AM
She has a man. I bet her man buys her things, but like Positive K said, "Well you can keep your man, cause I don't go that route..."

That's kinda how I felt...I mean not trying to be a dick or anything but until she's single I look at our hanging out time as just friends ya know? Plus I'm not trying to get played for a chump either. Oh and russhie her man's not out of town he moved away out of town

AceFace
07-01-2008, 08:24 AM
^ she's still with him. i bet she's feeling guilty. texting is one thing. having dinner with is playing with fire until she decides to cut it off with the guy.

ms.peachy
07-01-2008, 08:29 AM
^ she's still with him. i bet she's feeling guilty. texting is one thing. having dinner with is playing with fire until she decides to cut it off with the guy.
What she said.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Really? That's weird...I mean I honestly didn't even think of it as a "date" like I told her when we met I could respect that she had a man but if she was interested in a new friend. I dunno weird stuff

ms.peachy
07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Really? That's weird...I mean I honestly didn't even think of it as a "date" like I told her when we met I could respect that she had a man but if she was interested in a new friend. I dunno weird stuff

It's not so much that it was a 'date', but the thing is, it was like a date, in a way. She might well have gone into thinking "what the hell, it's not really a date" but as the evening went on and she was enjoying herself, and then went home and thought about it, and then woke up and thought about it again... she maybe has started to feel like perhaps she's done something she hadn't ought to have. Maybe she thought to herself, how would she feel if she found out her boyfriend was out enjoying himself with some woman who had seen him in a shop and went to the trouble of seeking him out?

If it's any consolation, the fact is that if she feels bad about it, it probably means she really kind of liked you.

AceFace
07-01-2008, 10:08 AM
It's not so much that it was a 'date', but the thing is, it was like a date, in a way. She might well have gone into thinking "what the hell, it's not really a date" but as the evening went on and she was enjoying herself, and then went home and thought about it, and then woke up and thought about it again... she maybe has started to feel like perhaps she's done something she hadn't ought to have. Maybe she thought to herself, how would she feel if she found out her boyfriend was out enjoying himself with some woman who had seen him in a shop and went to the trouble of seeking him out?

If it's any consolation, the fact is that if she feels bad about it, it probably means she really kind of liked you.
^ what she said!

remember... girls think emotionally when it comes to things (for the most part) like this.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks ladies...I was actually starting to feel bad like "Damn am I losing my touch??" Still sucks though cus I"m in the process of trying to broaden my social circle and I thought she would have made a lovely addition

Dorothy Wood
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah, I agree with those other ladies.

I think the problem is, you sought her out because you were attracted to her. so there's always gonna be that basis and it will affect your interactions.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
^Good point...I can see where gals are coming from. It's unfortunate though cus I'm not the type of dude that's like "Oh you're not interested in dating me??! Fuck off then..." In fact many of my female friends started off as potential romantic interests but we decided we'd make better friends.

Lex Diamonds
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks ladies...I was actually starting to feel bad like "Damn am I losing my touch??" Still sucks though cus I"m in the process of trying to broaden my social circle and I thought she would have made a lovely addition
Haha (y)

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Why is that funny Paddy??

Lex Diamonds
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
If you don't know now, you'll NEVER know.

Just go with it! :D(y)

NoFenders
07-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I say you find another place to go eat, make a date, and say this time I'm buyin. She's not married. As Pad said, just go with it. Girls are always gonna be emotional time bombs for one thing or another. All you can do is try.

:cool:

Echewta
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
You could always ask her and get the answer. Just a thought.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
You could always ask her and get the answer. Just a thought.

Good call...I just sent her a text saying "Hey just curious did I do something to creep you out or offend you. Please feel free to be brutally honest I can take it"

Echewta
07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
You know what I mean.

After a certain point, its tiring to play the thinking game and best to just say "Hey, you suddenly got quiet. Whats up?"
Hope that she is brutally honest so you can move on or realize it wasn't anything or pick out a wedding ring.

1/2 the crap I worried about in my life with women turned out to be nothing yet I made it into WWIII in my head.

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah man I mean I'm honestly not going to be too broken up about it but it's more irritating than anything cus I'm like WTF did I do??! I could be nothing, she may just be a nut job and that makes it even more frustrating!