PDA

View Full Version : let's have a baby!

HotAndWet
07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Why are so many women my age (23) and younger having babies so quickly? I'm not putting anyone down who has one or anything, I just don't get it.
My idiot friend just informed me she's knocked up by her ex bf who she might be with again, I'm not sure, but anyway yeah she told me she didn't use any protection at all. When I asked why, she said she didn't think she could get pregnant...???@?@?@ WHAT THE FUCK? She went to nursing school for christ's sake you'd think she'd know better! Another thing is her ex is a TOTAL psycho. He's a cop and when they were broken up he'd send other cops out to see if she was home, or where she was. He aslo repeatedly put her down, calling her a whore, etc and ridiculously jealous. WHat she sees in him I've no idea, but I'm kinda wondering now if she tricked him into getting her pregnant so he'd stay around.

NoFenders
07-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Wouldn't be the first time.

:cool:

Lyman Zerga
07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
i would love to have a baby NOW, it already feels like im quite late

theres hardly anything that i want more in life

TAL
07-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Me?

Echewta
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Boy in Police Station: Drugs?
Jeannie: No thank you, I'm straight.
Boy in Police Station: I mean, are you here for drugs?
Jeannie: Why are you here?
Boy in Police Station: Drugs.
Jeannie: I don't know why I'm here.
Boy in Police Station: Why don't you go home?
Jeannie: Why don't you stick your thumb up your butt?

HotAndWet
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
i would love to have a baby NOW, it already feels like im quite late

theres hardly anything that i want more in life

See I feel like I need my 20's for fun and stuff, I'm waiting for my 30's to settle down and such.

HotAndWet
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Boy in Police Station: Drugs?
Jeannie: No thank you, I'm straight.
Boy in Police Station: I mean, are you here for drugs?
Jeannie: Why are you here?
Boy in Police Station: Drugs.
Jeannie: I don't know why I'm here.
Boy in Police Station: Why don't you go home?
Jeannie: Why don't you stick your thumb up your butt?

Ferris Bueller!!!

Lyman Zerga
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
See I feel like I need my 20's for fun and stuff, I'm waiting for my 30's to settle down and such.

my only fun would be to have a baby and a man, im quite a boring person i must say

Loppfessor
07-01-2008, 05:45 PM

my kinda woman...

Jitters
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe women are all like, "Cmon, baby. We don't need no condom." And the guys all like, "I'm not really comfortable with this." The girl says, "Don't you love me?" The guys says "Sure." Then the girl replies, "See? We don't need any protection to bone."

Yeah..... just like that :cool:

miss soul fire
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
That doesn't happen in my family. I'm almost a double aunt. My sister took 10 years of marriage to get pregnant (because she needed to study for med school), so now she's 32 and having her first child. My sister-in-law is having a baby this month also, she's nearly 27. I'm 30 and still didn't get married, so...we wait a lot!:D

milleson
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Pfft. I was totally 18 and pregnant once. It's called "that totally can't happen to me" syndrome.

jabumbo
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
i know a few people my age having kids, but it seems like most of them are getting married instead. or moving away. so basically i can't get any friends to do stuff with me during the week. kind of blows, you know.

(hi milleson!)

ms.peachy
07-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Well... that's the route I went down, and it's certainly working out for me. However, there are definitely times, as a mom, that I think to myself "Maybe this is a younger woman's game." Not that it's not totally possible to be an awesome mom when you start in your late 30's (hey, I mean, I'm doin' it :p)
but, sometimes I just don't have as much energy as the situation seemingly requires.

Some people know they want to have a family quite young and aren't as interested in having "the roaring 20s", and this is certainly a valid choice. Mr.p's sister is exactly the same age I am, and she and her husband got married and started having their kids straight out of university. They wanted to be a young family, and to have the kids raised and out of the house long before retirement age, so they could pay down expenses and enjoy a comfortable retirement without mortgages, education loans, etc hanging over their heads. It's not a bad life strategy, if that's the life you want. And plenty of people do.

ericlee
07-02-2008, 01:46 AM
my friend and his girlfriend were both 17 and they messed around together and had a kid. It was both of their first times!

trailerprincess
07-02-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm sticking with shoes for the moment.

ericlee
07-02-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm sticking with shoes for the moment.

This isn't the 40's ya know. Women are now in crocs and pregnant. It's not so bad now.

trailerprincess
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Crocs are a crime against footwear; nay, humanity.

ET
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Not that everyone's the same but I find that when most younger couples have a kid, all of a sudden things take a major turn in a negative way. Just about everyone I was high school with had a kid within the first 3 years after graduation and about 1 out of 5 of them are still with their mates. It's pretty distressing to go to weddings and whatnot now because about 6 to 7 months later the miracle of childbirth occurs and about 9 months after that; separation.

*Debbie Downer music*

sjp
07-02-2008, 11:29 PM
i've been noticing this to its like all my friends are rushing to be in relationships i don't know why cause they got a long time ahead of them, and its weird no one with a kid yet thank god but a buddy of mine is whipped like you wouldn't believe can hardly go out at all.

funk63
07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
sex drive>common sense

Funky Pepp
07-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm getting 33 soon and I'm married since I was 20 so it might be about time. But I still feel more like going out and drinking and stuff. And if I had a child how was I supposed to watch that much TV and play wii or playstation and stuff. But anyway, I think my husband and me will have to decide rather soon if we want kids or not. Otherwise my ovaries might dry up soon! :rolleyes:

bigblu89
07-03-2008, 11:00 AM
My only two pieces of advice are:

1. Don't get married or have children becasue you think it's what you're "supposed" to do. Do it becasue it's what you "want" to do.

2. Don't wait until you can afford to have children, because you'll never have one.

Loppfessor
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Big Blue is a wise man...

Funky Pepp
07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
My only two pieces of advice are:

1. Don't get married or have children becasue you think it's what you're "supposed" to do. Do it becasue it's what you "want" to do.

2. Don't wait until you can afford to have children, because you'll never have one.

The marriage in my case was absolutely wanted and after 12,5 years still is! :D
So, I absolutely agree with that.

But I still think that you (can) grow into having a baby - at least as a woman (that's hormonal :) ).

kll
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
I feel that most people that have babies at younger ages are doing it purely for selfish reasons. They are doing it to either (attempt) to keep the guy, because they want something to love them or they have unrealistic notions of what it will be like. It also seems that when someone gets caught in an unplanned pregnancy, there isn't any options weighed on what to do anymore. Adoption and abortion seem passe and raising the child no matter how horrible the circumstance is the route they take. I figure that is the reason Juno was such a hit, as it was a foreign concept to the world. Adoption. Hmmm... what an idea!

I guess the immature mind finds it romantic to be attached to a jackass guy for FOREVER, but the reality is that in a few years or less, you're the single mother raising a child without a father. No reasonable guy is going to have any interest in you as you're used goods, so you're looking at hooking up with guys who have their own baby mama's to deal with, which seems like an exhausting amount of baggage to me.

And these poor children who will grow up with the warped sense of life and love and will continue this disgusting circle over and over again... so sad.

milleson
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok, just to share the other side of the story.

I had my first kid at 19, the result of an unplanned pregnancy. We got hitched at the JP, with all of 5 people present. We had the next (planned for) kid two years later. I've been with my husband for nearly 9 years, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Being pregnant at 18 was extremely difficult, especially since I looked even younger than that. To top it off, my husband (then boyfriend) is 10 years my senior. Imagine the looks we received when we were in public together.

And yes, we considered all of the available options for dealing with our original predicament. Oddly, we were actually in love and decided to make every effort to bring our child into a loving, stable family situation. Shocking!

So even though my oldest is now in 3rd grade and my boy is going into 1st, and I'm 27, parents at the school still look at me oddly. I don't seem to fit into any of the mom cliques, even though I routinely volunteer an turn up at many of the school functions.

But hey, fuck 'em. My kids will be moving out right about the time I turn 40. My career will be taking off in the next few years, and I won't have interrupt it to begin a family.