PDA

View Full Version : Rate HANCOCK

abcdefz
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Boy oh boy, did they blow it.

It's pretty muddled through the first hour or so, and then in the last third, it turns into a real mess. It really says something that even though Jason Bateman co-stars, he is wasted.

I wouldn't have seen this except I had to kill some time.

C-

Loppfessor
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
It was good but had the potential to be GREAT...but yeah you're right it was a bit of disorganized mess. On the otherhand some of that actually aided in its uniqueness. It was definitely something a lil "different" which always gets extra credit

roosta
07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I really liked it.

It does become muddled when they start shoehorning in all the mythology, but it was good dumb fun mostly.

BBboy20
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It was the biggest surprise of the year for me.

abcdefz
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
SPOILER

The dudes coming back to kick his ass at the end. Uh... what the fuck made them thuink he wasn't his
usual bullet proof self?

And, man, I hate the cheating that went on with their "deaths." That's bullshit. The movie establishes that
the superpowered whatevertheyares can die and that when they die, they stay dead. Now all the sudden
these two get all E.T. on me. :rolleyes:

roosta
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, the criminals coming back was dumb...

But as for the deaths...well, they died for a wee bit...and they are super heroes. I have no problem with them coming back, maybe they have to be really fucked up to die? I don't think it was cheating.

abcdefz
07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Here's an interesting review from the earlier cut, before the reshoots.

Super semen! (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36670)

beastieangel01
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Jason Bateman is my boyfriend.

Loppfessor
07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
**** another spoiler alert ******

So what is blondie going to do when her hubby gets old and dies and she stays the same age?? sequel??

BBboy20
07-04-2008, 06:34 AM
SPOILER

The dudes coming back to kick his ass at the end. Uh... what the fuck made them thuink he wasn't his
usual bullet proof self?The news? =/

And, man, I hate the cheating that went on with their "deaths." That's bullshit. The movie establishes that
the superpowered whatevertheyares can die and that when they die, they stay dead. Now all the sudden
these two get all E.T. on me. :rolleyes:Probably would be if they were actually together; given the space they had, probably gave Hancock's body just a little enough (will)power to heal.

adam_f
07-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by beastieangel01
Jason Bateman is my boyfriend.

I'll steal him from you.

Nygel
07-04-2008, 09:45 AM
This is the first movie I've seen in the past fwe months that I really didn't like too much. I loved the end fight scene, just a guy walking through walls attacking people looked bad fucking ass. But The plot seemed to just splat out over itself the entire time. I also didn't like the random scenes of JUST music and a person. They just didnt work this time, dunno why, just didn't.

It was a fun movie though, I wouldn't get all pissy about it. Movies are for fucking entertainment, not education. (Unless you're Wall E and you hide little 'save the earth' messages in your movie)

Lyman Zerga
07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
fucking spoil all over my face

Nygel
07-04-2008, 04:12 PM
any time baby

Dorothy Wood
07-13-2008, 10:22 PM
SPOILER

The news? =/

Probably would be if they were actually together; given the space they had, probably gave Hancock's body just a little enough (will)power to heal.

yeah.

I liked the movie, I thought it was pretty creative. I didn't expect that charlize would have superpowers too, so that was fun.

yeah, the history was kind of cobbled together, but how else were they suppose to expose it?

I laughed a bunch, and I suppose since I wasn't really expecting anything, I was tickled by the premise. I was pretty much hooked from the get-go when he stopped the car with his feet. I may have clapped.

the only thing I didn't like was the way it was shot. the cgi was kinda bullshit, and there were wayyy too many close ups. I mean, the whole movie was close ups. sometimes you need some breathing room, sheesh. it also oddly reminded me of the way Arrested Development was shot, awkward zooms, unsteady shots, etc. I thought that was distracting.

Jason Batemen rules, although I think he may need to take a role that isn't so aww-shucks in the near future. I guess he was a semi-jerk in Juno, but still kind of played the likable guy.