PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I shot some random kid with a roman candle

Nygel
07-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Yes, I am aware that is solely MY fault. But let me put this situation down. This is my last 4th of July in Indiana and I've had a blast this time, but come time for the festivities to go past the cities firework display and for me to bring out MY fireworks (same ones as they had, the biggest you can get) then shit goes wrong. First of all one friend is brought who I can't understand is with us. Douchebag is the closest description to him. Graduated a while back but is so cool he has to be with people who JUST graduated. Anyway, thats strike one. So we head out to the high school we just graduated from and launch shit there. Except my parents decided to come too. Not them in general made me think something bad would happen, but ALL us together with tons of crazy fireworks, I knew SOMETHING would go wrong and it would be horrible because MY parents were there. They are cool, but you know.... 18 year olds and adults act differently right.

Alright, now comes the fun part. In between these monster aerial explosions i find a roman candle, so i start shooting it. no big deal. shoots balls a couple feet. Yee Haw. Well fuck. One shoots two sparks really far. I couldnt tell how far but it was far. Next thing I know this kid(14yrold i assume) on rollerblades is looking around, then falls down grabbing his side like he just got shot. We all look at eachother like... wtf just happened? He's got to be faking it. Then my parents yell at me and start headin out for the kid. Then the kid gets up and continues rollerblading. So I get pissed. My parents were about to yell at me for a long time because this kid thinks he's funny. I knew it couldnt have happened. The kid (literally) was a football field away. a whole side parking lot we have, across the street, and then another 20ft. atleast. How the fuck could I hit him?

Well, I did. A spark burnt through his raggity shirt and left a little red mark. A LITTLE RED MARK?! The dude was on the ground like he was impaled on a rusty pole! He claims he though it was one that would 'explode' afterwards. Well then why the fuck didn't he fall down when it hit him instead of roughly 7 seconds after? Oh well. I DID hit him, it DID burn him slightly, I feel bad, but unless he's a dumbass then he was trying to play it off a lot. Also his friend was laughing about it WHEN he got hit.

Sorry, I really had to vent. My day got ruined by a kid on rollerblades getting sparked on a football field away. Oh well... maybe 4th of July in Florida will wipe out all bad memories from here.

and for record if i havent said it enough, totally my fault. Just an accident and i do feel bad. But i feel he was playing us at first. or an idiot.

who rollerblades at midnight where people are lighting fireworks?

ggirlballa
07-05-2008, 12:32 AM
the title of the thread is hilarious tho....

Nygel
07-05-2008, 12:43 AM
itll be funny later to me, but right now im still aggravated at the whole thing. Im used to others kinda fuckin up my good times. Then when I fuck up MY OWN good time... especially my last holiday at home, then i just feel horrible.

ggirlballa
07-05-2008, 01:06 AM
nahhh forget about the dumbass he's fine people got a good laugh out of it(y)

live it up on ur last holiday!!!

jennyb
07-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah... thread title is so good! (y) haha

cubsfirstplace
07-05-2008, 01:14 AM
the title of the thread is hilarious tho....

haha, ya

Drederick Tatum
07-05-2008, 02:55 AM
shooting somebody while celebrating your national day is probably the most American and patriotic thing you could've possibly done.

TAL
07-05-2008, 06:47 AM
We used to play war with roman candles. It was fun.

Knuckles
07-05-2008, 08:11 AM
shooting somebody while celebrating your national day is probably the most American and patriotic thing you could've possibly done.

Amen.

*salutes flag whilst humming James Brown's Living In America*

Nygel
07-05-2008, 09:38 AM
We used to play war with roman candles. It was fun.
that is where my aggravation stemmed from. We all use to shoot roman candles and bottle rockets at eachother. So i KNEW they were (reasonably) harmless. Oh well, I'm over it today. I looked at like 500 motivation posters that i've neve seen. I wanted to post them here but I searched and couldnt find a thread for them.

BangkokB
07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Silver lining to every cloud: At least it was a Roman Candle and not a Chinese Candle. The Chinese candles blow up in your hand. Which in your case would have been like Karma's Messenger

abcdefz
07-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Oops.

Loppfessor
07-05-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah the title was good...but the story lacked a lot oh well

monkey
07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
yeah the title was good...but the story lacked a lot oh well

i didnt realize we were in a creative writing class. i thought the story was entertaining, perhaps not organized, but damn. he wasnt writing us a short story, just a funny anecdote.

Nygel
07-05-2008, 02:02 PM
i didnt realize we were in a creative writing class. i thought the story was entertaining, perhaps not organized, but damn. he wasnt writing us a short story, just a funny anecdote.
haha, i didnt have time to organize a impromptu rant. :)

jennyb
07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
It's all good Nygel, you're not alone in your 4th of July shenanigans. It happens...

Fireworks display accident in Iowa injures 12

14 hours ago

CHARLES CITY, Iowa (AP) — Fire officials in northern Iowa say at least a dozen people were injured during a municipal Fourth of July fireworks display.

The Charles City Fire Department says the accident occurred when ground level fireworks were exploding Friday night. Two helicopters were called in to assist. Most of the victims suffered minor injuries.

In western Ohio, police say a man lost part of his leg when fireworks went off inside his SUV. It was parked outside a bar in Riverside when the blast blew out windows of the truck.

In Bayville, N.Y., a 6-year-old girl has been flown to a Long Island hospital with second-degree burns after fireworks landed in her lap. Police say it's not clear who launched the fireworks, but the child wasn't at a public pyrotechnics display.

Man, I bet peeps were running all directions at the Charles City incident!

link (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jO980ZUZAwFFMP5HAaCq6QXWOpowD91NG6D00)

Bob
07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
"awesome, i fuckin shot that kid with a roman candle" would have been better

Nygel
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
and to add to things happening that kinda suck for me. My ipod touch was supposed to be here thursday, and its still not. It went to the wrong house earlier today and has left again an hour ago. Hopefully its here tonight. Once I get it I will be happy.

Loppfessor
07-05-2008, 03:19 PM

What are you? His mother?? Sheesh...I didn't insult the dude just didn't enjoy the story as much as some you. Settle down