PDA

View Full Version : Weird moment in the movie theater

abcdefz
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
So I went to see a movie and one of the previews was for this documentary called American Teen.
It's playing along, and I realize the whole thing was filmed in Warsaw, Indiana (where I grew up). Anyway,
there's a new high school, so that part didn't look familiar, but then it cuts to a scene in an airport and the
kid is wearing a Butterfly Records T-shirt (where I used to work). That was a weird, nifty trailer to watch.
I had a real impulse to tell the others in the theater that was my home town. I stifled it like Edith, of course.

I dunno. It was just weird.

BangkokB
07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Back when I was in the States I remember someone playing music on his headphones at 11 during the whole movie. The was Good Ol' US nearly 10 years ago

Now the weird moments consist of me occasionally: Once a blue Moon: Telling someone to STFU while a movie is playing. I tend to be sarcastic by nature so my MO is I ask them to please speak up bc I'm having a hard time hearing what they're saying while the movie is playing. That usually Shuts Them Down

abcdefz
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm flashing on that moment at San Quentin when Cash apologized for not hearing the guy because he
(Cash) was talking.

Old joke even then, but yeah.

paul jones
07-05-2008, 05:22 PM
So I went to see a movie and one of the previews was for this documentary called American Teen.
It's playing along, and I realize the whole thing was filmed in Warsaw, Indiana (where I grew up). Anyway,
there's a new high school, so that part didn't look familiar, but then it cuts to a scene in an airport and the
kid is wearing a Butterfly Records T-shirt (where I used to work). That was a weird, nifty trailer to watch.
I had a real impulse to tell the others in the theater that was my home town. I stifled it like Edith, of course.

I dunno. It was just weird.

you should have leapt around throwing popcorn and yelled it out loud.

ericlee
07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
cool. I was on the train coming home last night and some guy mentioned he was from Ohio to someone and I asked him where and he said Port Clinton, where I'm from.

It's a very small town and you'll seldom hear of someone being from there. We bullshitted and he knew all the teachers I mentioned and he named some as well. He even got paddled by the same dean I did but he graduated 6 years before me.

alruggs
07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
That's cool. I know whatcha mean. I finally read Douglas Coupland's "Girlfriend in a Coma" and he writes about places near where I grew up...Birch Bay, Mt. Baker, and Bellingham. Both my parents still live in Bellingham.

Not quite as specific as a record store, but still odd to see.

BangkokB
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
hey Alhuggs: Good to read you. It's been a while
Has the Car buying industry taken a dump in your lap or are you high end?

My wife is looking into starting a Title Loan etc business in your state bc it's so liberal with its policies. The only thing standing in the way is $...............LULZ for Everyone

Dorothy Wood
07-05-2008, 07:55 PM
senior year in college, I was taking this art for educators course and the professor played this short video from the 90's about an exemplary art program at an elementary school in littleton, colorado...and it was the elementary school I went to from Kindergarten-2nd grade. very strange. I was all, "holy shit, that's my old elementary school!" and I actually do remember it being very art friendly.

whoa! I just looked up my school and then google mapped the location, and then figured out where my old house was! omg! weird weird weird. I haven't lived there in 22 years, but I totally remember where my house was. kind of easier since it was right by the school and backed up to a huge open field that looks to be grass now instead of dirt and weeds like it was when I was a kid. I used to ride my bike around on dirt ramps that some kids had made. TOTALLY RADICAL.

alruggs
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
We sell Toyotas so even though numbers are down, we're still doing okay. Thank god we don't sell Hummers.

BangkokB
07-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Toyotas are the cars that are sold most in the world...Nice to know that you have that feather in your cap - No.

From the research I've uncovered: It's alot of background checks to give a High Interest Loan/ Car Title Biz legs in Nevada. Though you can own a corp. w/o being a US citizen, they still want to do background checks for 10 years(Including Tax Returns) and you get to have the pleasure of paying for the FBI to do a background on you as well.