PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men

Echewta
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Cathing up with the first season before the second one starts.

Any fans? Terrific show. Makes me want to go out and buy a number of suits.

"The girls at the switchboard call her a 'lobster'"
"Why is that?"
"Because all of the meat is in the tail."

Classic.

abcdefz
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I just watched disc two (disc one was "very long wait," so I jumped ahead). It took me most of the first show to get into the rhythm of it --
it's pretty mannered. But I like it a lot and look forward to watching more tonight.

I'm also glad to see the daughter from The West Wing has gainful employment. She doesn't seem to have a lot of range, but I like her.

ms.peachy
07-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I love it. It's note-perfect.

Documad
09-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I finally rented the first season and I like it. I've always been a sucker for this era -- the Man in the Grey Flannel Suit, etc. There is some other book that's out of print that I've been trying to get about early TV too.

I have a couple more episodes to go before I start watching the ones I've been DVR'ing from Season 2. I heard Season 2 starts slow, but I can handle that.

The show makes me think about my mom all the time. She loved old movies where everyone smoked. It made her feel better about being a smoker. This was her peak era. :)

BangkokB
09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
์Never heard of or about it but the Title Alone Grabs my Attention

I'll seek it out

BBboy20
09-06-2008, 02:28 AM
I've watched a few eppies.

Probably watch more if I was in the mood for it.

Still, 16 Emmy nominations is quite impressive.

jabumbo
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
i think this is a show i would enjoy. it'll probably end up somewhere buried on my netflix queue and i'll get around to it in a years time....