PDA

View Full Version : hey nintendo ds nerds

ericlee
07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
recommend me some good games cause I just purchased a ds.

I already got Castlevania as the first one.

Bob
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
i was actually thinking about starting a ds thread too, so this will work well

because last night my friend showed me his DS which had a thing; it was basically like a chip that you could put into a game cartridge, and then you put the game cartridge in the DS, and you could play basically every single game on the DS. it was obviously illegal but it looked really cool, the chip held something like 4 gigs of games, you could just pick them out from a menu. where do i get this wonderful thing???

Planetary
07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
where do i get this wonderful thing???

why didn't you ask him?

ericlee
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, that chip sounds sweet. Let me know when you find out. I'm always about saving a few duckets.

roosta
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
i want one...but id probably get bored quickly...and there's a recession, so i probably shouldn't....

Jitters
07-11-2008, 12:27 PM
New Super Mario Bros.
Elite Beat Agents
Space Invaders Extreme
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Kirby Canvas Curse
Advance Wars series
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Each Castlevania game
Mario Kart DS
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Ace Attorney Series
Professor Layton
Wario Ware: Touched
Trauma Center series

Just to name a few.......

Bob
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
why didn't you ask him?

he borrowed it from a friend, he didn't know where he got it

AceFace
07-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Star wars and indy lego! not as good as the xbox versions, but i love playing them!

the new super mario is my fave.

Planetary
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
he borrowed it from a friend, he didn't know where he got it

i see. case closed!

Jitters
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
where do i get this wonderful thing???

It's highly illegals :(

It's only alright if it's being used for homebrew.

na§tee
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
and there's a recession, so i probably shouldn't....
pssshhhhttt fuckit. the pleasure of red-shelling a random dude from japan or the other side of the world? infinite.

ds games. hummm.

i haven't purchased as many games as i would have liked to recently because of other things i'm saving up for but from my experience i would recommend zelda: phantom hourglass, mario kart ds, tetris (playing wirelessly against other people kicks ass) and mario vs donkey kong:march of the minis to start.

those are just my suggestions - it really depends on what sort of games you enjoy. give us an indication!

yeahwho
07-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm think of designing a flask shaped like a nintendo DS, and when you finish downing your whisky the empty nintendo DS decanter becomes a meth pipe.

because basically I'm not nearly as good playing electronic games as I am at getting totally fucking wasted.

This is my patented trademarked idea so watchout I have copyright detectives up your block right now.

I don't even want to here some BBMB member is out smoking meth on a DS.

roosta
07-12-2008, 04:08 AM
pssshhhhttt fuckit. the pleasure of red-shelling a random dude from japan or the other side of the world? infinite.

ds games. hummm.

i haven't purchased as many games as i would have liked to recently because of other things i'm saving up for but from my experience i would recommend zelda: phantom hourglass, mario kart ds, tetris (playing wirelessly against other people kicks ass) and mario vs donkey kong:march of the minis to start.

those are just my suggestions - it really depends on what sort of games you enjoy. give us an indication!

ooohh..whats zelda like on it? im playing zelda on the wii...i love it. but the wii lives in my folks house, so mid week if i had a ds i could get some zelda action, as a wii is actually out of my remit.

Bob
07-12-2008, 09:44 AM
my friend was showing me zelda, it looks like it plays a lot different from previous ones.

you have a top down view, like in link to the past, but you use the stylus to move around. it looks kind of like diablo 2, you click to move. if you want to attack enemies, you slash them with the stylus, if you want to do a spin move, you draw a circle around link, etc. then there's all sorts of fun to be had with the DS' other features, too. like if you want to blow out a candle, you blow into the microphone and...probably other things as well, i didn't get to see it for very long.

he said it was the most fun he's had with a zelda game since link to the past and yeah, it did look pretty fun, it kind of convinced me to buy one.

that and phoenix wright

Pres Zount
07-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Zelda and Mario Kart and Tetris.

I also have a cooking guide on my DS that taught me how to cook Aglio e Olio Pepperonico. It was reasonably satisfactory.

EDIT: The food I mean. The chef telling me what to do was pretty good.

Lyman Zerga
07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
yoshi's cookie might be the best game ever made

Documad
07-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Phoenix Wright games are too talky for me. So was Hotel Dusk, although I eventually finished it. Trauma Center was too difficult for me but I would have enjoyed it if they just gave me a little more time before the patient dies. Super Mario Bros is a classic. I liked Puzzle Quest, even though it's basically Bejeweled. I like a game that I can set down for a couple of weeks and not lose momentum.

I LOVED Zelda Phantom Hourglass but I didn't finish it right away, and after I put it down for a few months, then I tried to pick it up and I was confused by all the levels in the main temple even though I feel like I've played them all a million times already! I recently started replaying it and it's starting to come back. I hate that bitch in the pirate ship.

na§tee
07-13-2008, 04:36 PM
I LOVED Zelda Phantom Hourglass but I didn't finish it right away, and after I put it down for a few months, then I tried to pick it up and I was confused by all the levels in the main temple even though I feel like I've played them all a million times already! I recently started replaying it and it's starting to come back. I hate that bitch in the pirate ship.
mehehe.. me too. i was crazily into it and quite far on then something happened which side-tracked me. i've recently picked it up again and i'm all like "huh?" at the temple. it's taking me a while to get back into the swing of it.

but yeah.. zelda is so awesome. i love love loved windwaker so enjoyed seeing cel-shaded link again.

i hated phoenix wright. OBJECTION! that game is shit.

i have trauma centre but it seems like no matter how fast my hot little fingers work i'm just not fast enough. my patients are not looked after very well. nuh uh.

alruggs
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I just bought one yesterday! I can't stop playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village right now.

mate_spawn_die
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
i just bought a game boy for $5 at goodwill. the '89 version. but the screen is cropped... :( they are a little pricey on ebay... i want pokemon so i can battle my roomate. i gotsta have some tetris as well.

Deep_Sea_Rain
07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
I picked up Resident Evil: Deadly Silence and Trace Memory recently. I also am getting back into Metroid Prime Hunters. It's got an excellent online mode, and at one point I was ranked in the top 200 players nationally. Sadness.

A new Metroid for the DS is rumored to be announced at E3 tomorrow also :)

camo
07-14-2008, 03:04 AM
FFIII, FFIV (y)

Documad
07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I just bought one yesterday! I can't stop playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village right now.

I got so addicted to that game that one day I had to call into work and take the morning off. Vacation time spent while I'm at a coffee shop playing a DS. :rolleyes:

What color is your DS?

i have trauma centre but it seems like no matter how fast my hot little fingers work i'm just not fast enough. my patients are not looked after very well. nuh uh.

I swear it's impossible to complete. I wonder whether the people who reviewed it even finished it. It's so frustrating and I really liked that game!

Bob
07-14-2008, 07:49 PM
i ordered a DS and it will be coming shortly

are all the castelvania games good, or are some of them lame? i can't keep track of them, which ones are good and which ones are lame

alruggs
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
I got so addicted to that game that one day I had to call into work and take the morning off. Vacation time spent while I'm at a coffee shop playing a DS. :rolleyes:

What color is your DS?

I almost brought my DS to work today but I didn't think I'd get any work done. I got the Metallic Rose. I lurve it with all of my heart.

Documad
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I almost brought my DS to work today but I didn't think I'd get any work done. I got the Metallic Rose. I lurve it with all of my heart.

Pretty! I'm so jealous of the rose color!

ET
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is almost one of the best Castlevania games ever made.

Ninja Gaiden - Dragon Sword
Yoshi's Island DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
CONTRA DS FUCK YEAH. Best Contra hands down.
Bangai-O (if you can import)
Mario Kart DS
ADVANCE WARS

Pres Zount
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I can't remember, did we ever get a BBMB Mario Kart Tournament going? Did I ever win?

EDIT: Did not know that Bangai-o was on DS; this is exciting.

ericlee
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
so I'm playing Zelda and I get to a part where there's a rock saying "blow out the flames and your path will be illuminated.

I looked all around the damn island to see if there's any fan or something. I ended up jumping back on the boat to explore other islands to see if there's a fan.

Then I went on to gamefaqs and it said I had to literally blow into the microphone. How clever.

roosta
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
one time Zane Lowe misread "gamefaqs.com" as "gamefags.com" live on MTV.

Deep_Sea_Rain
07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I can't remember, did we ever get a BBMB Mario Kart Tournament going? Did I ever win?

EDIT: Did not know that Bangai-o was on DS; this is exciting.

No we didn't actually. Everyone being in such different time zones made it difficult. We should really try and get this going though...maybe even one for Mario Kart Wii also.

Jitters
07-15-2008, 07:42 PM
A new Metroid for the DS is rumored to be announced at E3 tomorrow also :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha

Did you see what Nintendo showed? They pissed in the face of people like you and me. They introduced some amazing new technology with the MotionPlus and what are they using to push it? Fing Wii Sports 2. :(:(:(x a billion

Bob
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
so I'm playing Zelda and I get to a part where there's a rock saying "blow out the flames and your path will be illuminated.

I looked all around the damn island to see if there's any fan or something. I ended up jumping back on the boat to explore other islands to see if there's a fan.

Then I went on to gamefaqs and it said I had to literally blow into the microphone. How clever.

my friend was showing me zelda, it looks like it plays a lot different from previous ones.

if you want to blow out a candle, you blow into the microphone

shows how much you pay attention to me :( :( :(

camo
07-16-2008, 02:45 AM
I shouted the candles out.

FLAMES GO AWAY!

Bob
07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
i got my ds today and screw you guys, i like phoenix wright. yeah, it's a pretty slow-paced game but i'm enjoying it. investigating, advocating...all that stuff. i like it. and i think it's genuinely pretty funny for a japanese rpg type game

although actually knowing things about criminal trials and the rules of evidence, some of the stuff in the game kind of makes me cringe. like in the first mission, where the prosecutor calls the defendant as its first witness...there are so many things about that that you aren't allowed to do

also, trauma center is a lot of fun, but it got very hard very quickly. i can't make those damn aneurysms go away fast enough no matter how many pentagrams i draw. i think i liked the game better before satanic magic entered the equation

na§tee
11-08-2008, 06:51 AM
i feel i should let you know that i was seeing what has been said about this game on the board (yes, you guys are great reviewers, hah) to decide whether to buy it or not (it just came out here on friday) and this quote is the deciding one. i'm jumping my hungover ass on a bus and going to buy it.

RoryMC
11-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I have the cartridge bob's talking about. It's called an R4 cartridge and it turns your DS into the whole multi-media package, allowing you to play games, music and movies.

I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy IV and the Lego Batman and Indiana Jones games at the moment.

Matt
11-08-2008, 08:12 AM

I love the DS for that reason. I was playing Hotel Dusk (check it out) and I got to a point where I had to assemble a puzzle with a message written on the back. I didn't know how to get to the other side, though. Tried all I could, went to gameFAQs, and I found out that you had to close the DS itself. I did, and when I opened it up, the puzzle was flipped on the opposite screen. Clever.

ericlee
11-08-2008, 12:26 PM
shows how much you pay attention to me :( :( :(

Doh!! Sorry bro.

I'm playing FFIV for the second time around right now. Really great game. I bought XII and didn't even get half way through with it. It pretty much sucks.

Audio.
11-09-2008, 01:22 AM
any Wario games

and FIRE EMBLEM!

and Zelda games

Matt
11-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Doh!! Sorry bro.

I'm playing FFIV for the second time around right now. Really great game. I bought XII and didn't even get half way through with it. It pretty much sucks.

I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 8. They just got lamer and lamer.

Bob
11-09-2008, 02:04 AM
I love the DS for that reason. I was playing Hotel Dusk (check it out) and I got to a point where I had to assemble a puzzle with a message written on the back. I didn't know how to get to the other side, though. Tried all I could, went to gameFAQs, and I found out that you had to close the DS itself. I did, and when I opened it up, the puzzle was flipped on the opposite screen. Clever.

yeah, there's a puzzle in zelda like that too. i also had to go on gamefaqs to figure it out :(

Documad
11-09-2008, 02:26 AM
i feel i should let you know that i was seeing what has been said about this game on the board (yes, you guys are great reviewers, hah) to decide whether to buy it or not (it just came out here on friday) and this quote is the deciding one. i'm jumping my hungover ass on a bus and going to buy it.

I hope you like it. I'm feeling a lot of pressure now. :p

I had to use cheats to get that puzzle in Hotel Dusk when you have to shut the game. I didn't enjoy that game as much as I hoped. It was really talky.

silence7
11-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Soul Bubbles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqpspEsbek

N+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7UTSK6va8

Professor Layton And the Curious Village
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccviDAby3Go

Dragon Quest IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAJk_qhN3M

And if you're into making music, Korg DS-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcp2Mkt_-A

camo
11-09-2008, 11:32 AM
The new Spiderman one is pretty sweet.

Legend of Kage 2 is some unashamedly old school platforming/fighting shit.

Disgea is where it's at though for me (y)

na§tee
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I hope you like it. I'm feeling a lot of pressure now. :p
it's great! i thought it would be challenging but not THIS CHALLENGING! i have discovered that my knowledge of simple algebra really blows. it's a cool wee game. but there are some puzzles that i have left in granny's shack or whatever it is called for now because geez louise, my brain can't cope sometimes. logic is not my thing sometimes.

ET
11-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Ooo, Professor Layton! I forgot about that one. I've been playing FF Tactics 2. Still. It's as addictive as all of the other ones.

New Castlevania coming out too. Order of Ecclesia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Ecclesia) Supposedly it's a mix of Symphony of the Night and Simon's Quest. Which would be fuckingmindblowing.