PDA

View Full Version : not talking

funk63
07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
has anyone here tried not talking? like for a day or whatever.
Its a good experience you should try it. you learn alot about human interaction and what not.

sjp
07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
i wish i could try it but i work pretty much everyday so i can't

ericlee
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Basic training delt with alot of silent time. Keep your mouth shut or beat your face.

funk63
07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I went to this quasi-military school that was basically basic training but with class work. We could only talk if we asked permission.

mikizee
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
How can you ask permission when you cannot talk?

funk63
07-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Well you can talk if your asking for permission to talk. like, you'd say sargeant permission to speak.

Dorothy Wood
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I've spent a lot of time silent. I probably spent the majority of my day in silence from ages 13-17.

Bob
07-11-2008, 11:51 PM
most days i go without a proper conversation with people. like i'll say "hello" or "thank you" to cashiers and people in hallways and stuff but i don't often have many long conversations with people. i'm not sure i frequently go without saying ANYTHING but the things i do say are pretty minor

yeahwho
07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
most days i go without a proper conversation with people. like i'll say "hello" or "thank you" to cashiers and people in hallways and stuff but i don't often have many long conversations with people. i'm not sure i frequently go without saying ANYTHING but the things i do say are pretty minor

Those are "no expectation" conversations, polite acknowledgments. I like those sort of days, for me they are rare and few between. I think I may be a huge introvert, doing a personal inventory I know many people and have a few close friends, but never really go out as much as I did just a few short years ago.

And I'm perfectly happy being this way, which could be bad. I should probably change my ways and let more people into my life.

ericlee
07-12-2008, 01:40 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much a summary of my daily basis chats as well. So many people and it takes so much time to actually get down and have a decent conversation. Just make the best of their and your day and move along.

Funny thing. The mrs and I used to frequent a sushi joint in the middle of this mall in salmiya and we always had the same waitress and we loved her cause she'd take our order and when she'd serve our food afterwards, she'd set the plates down and in a very whispery voice, she'd say, "scuse me, thank you" as not to bother us. Haha. She was a sweetheart.

Ok, back on topic....

paul jones
07-12-2008, 01:59 AM
I would love to not talk with anyone at work or especially have to hear some of them talk at all ever....about crap.

I can sometimes make people shut up by not replying and just staying silent.

This woman in particular who is the most annoying person on earth blabs crap every day at work about her neighbours,family and TMI stuff.

funk63
07-12-2008, 02:00 AM
NO MORE TYPE TALKING *thinks things*

Lyman Zerga
07-12-2008, 04:40 AM
i type way more than i speak

Miho
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I stay silent every day at work. I used to talk a lot, but I decided recently, to not speak to the majority of people I work with. It more has to do with not wanting to say something that may get around to other people, like if I'm telling a joke about someone, and they tell that person... yeah. So, I stay silent, and it is enjoyable.

ericlee
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
i type way more than i speak

fuckin blabberknuckles.

Lyman Zerga
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
get dat koochie outta mah face

befsquire
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
there are lots of people that i can not talk to for days, and still find more stuff to not talk about.