PDA

View Full Version : So, My life is pretty fucking awesome at the moment.

Caribou
07-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Because hitmonlee is right. Stop the drama, talk about good stuff.

Positivity:
I'm single and loving it, I'm having mucho fun with my friends, I've got a new place that's huge and purple, I'm gonna go to University and make something of my life, I'm going to one of the coolest festivals in Europe this thursday with a dude I like loadzzzz, It's raining and I want to go outside and dance,
I've won a prize including free CD's, a t-shirt and converse shoes, I have cupboards full of tasty foodz and I feel like drinking coffee with baileys and dunking some white chocolate covered oreos in it...

w00t! :D

venusvenus123
07-15-2008, 04:37 AM
that was an over-dramatic thread title, but a good one.

glad to hear such a cheery story. go you!

i'm having drama with the people painting our house. too boring, middle-class and middle-aged to get sympathy here, but damn these people are trying their best to shake down as much money from us as possible. :(

camo
07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Sounds awesome too! (y)(y):D(y)(y)

Caribou
07-15-2008, 04:54 AM
that was an over-dramatic thread title, but a good one.

glad to hear such a cheery story. go you!

i'm having drama with the people painting our house. too boring, middle-class and middle-aged to get sympathy here, but damn these people are trying their best to shake down as much money from us as possible. :(

Yeah the thread title is ofcourse a parody. Parodies make me smile.
:p

And about the painters: If you were middle-aged and boring and working a shitty job, wouldn't you get pissed off and try to scam people?
Be happy you don't have to resolve to scamming and that you're not middle-aged or boring and that you have the money to get your house painted and not have to do it yourself and make a big mess of it (like I have. paint is all over my ceiling. But I like chaos, so that's ok).

lalalala, positiviteeeee...

roosta
07-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann - Desiderata

ms.peachy
07-15-2008, 05:39 AM
I've been thinking a lot lately about the concept of gratitude. (Appropriate enough for a B-boys board, innit.) I read an interview a few weeks ago and damned if I can remember now who it was, but this person was talking about how being grateful is the key to being happy. I know it's not exactly a new or revolutionary concept, and it's always been something I've been aware of (which is why Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday, and I do miss it over here), but there was something in the way this person talked about living with conscious gratitude that made me sit up and realise that I need to move it into the center, not let it drift on the periphery. How ironic is it that I can't even remember now who it was I was reading about, when I'm now feeling rather grateful to them for focusing my mind in this direction, ha ha.

So yeah, my life is pretty damn great, really. I've got a good marriage, an amazingly stupendously brilliant and gorgeous child, a job that lets me give back to the world, two hands, two eyes, two legs and good health. Our biggest problem, if you can even call it that, at the moment is that we can't afford a summer holiday this year, which is a bit of a drag (as we will never ever again have a proper summer here in London I am convinced, just endless grey skies) but really in the grand scheme of things, boo fucking hoo, right?

Pres Zount
07-15-2008, 05:51 AM
I listen to the dull and the ignorant all the time and I fucking hate it.

Lyman Zerga
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
positive people can suck me off

paul jones
07-15-2008, 08:36 AM
I had a great fuck yesterday(y)

Caribou
07-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Were you sucking off Lyman?

paul jones
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Were you sucking off Lyman?

yeah,she's got a massive cock

AceFace
07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
did you get to make out first!?

paul jones
07-15-2008, 09:47 AM
did you get to make out first!?

of course.I'm the Bryan Ferry of foreplay

AceFace
07-15-2008, 10:05 AM
of course.I'm the Bryan Ferry of foreplay

lucky.

hahaha. i had to edit myself just then b/c i appropriately just typed "licky".

venusvenus123
07-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah the thread title is ofcourse a parody. Parodies make me smile.
:p

And about the painters: If you were middle-aged and boring and working a shitty job, wouldn't you get pissed off and try to scam people?
Be happy you don't have to resolve to scamming and that you're not middle-aged or boring and that you have the money to get your house painted and not have to do it yourself and make a big mess of it (like I have. paint is all over my ceiling. But I like chaos, so that's ok).

lalalala, positiviteeeee...

at 41, i am quite literally middle-aged (i hope). hopefully i'm not too boring. i meant that my "problem" might seem middle-aged and boring. :confused:
the people painting my house are not boring--they're pretty cool actually. one is an artist and the other one used to do something in tv till he decided it was all pretty meaningless or something. they're both lovely. it's their managers i'm having a slight problem with.

yes i'm lucky in all sorts of ways, and i do appreciate it. but when i've got this annoying woman in my ear trying to pull the wool over my eyes about their hiking the price, i kind of forget my blessings for a minute. survival instinct, i guess.

incidentally it's the outside of the house we're having painted and we've left it for years as it is so pricey :(
i'll be doing the rooms on the inside myself.

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah,she's got a massive cock

good to know that i didnt eat all those whole grain wheat breads for nothing

venusvenus123
07-18-2008, 04:25 AM
i'm loving my life too.

my windows are looking slick, i made peace with the manager and came to a compromise figure and i'm just about to join in with my 120 sanding square.

i'd love to make as little sense as echewta on here.

b i o n i c
07-18-2008, 12:55 PM
my wildest dreams are starting to come true - i could not ask for more right now. thank you, life(y)