PDA

View Full Version : Food/nutrition question

Loppfessor
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Everyone always tells me you nee to eat whole grain wheat breads right? So I do even though it's pain in the ass to find at some stores. But my big question is WHY? What makes whole grain so great? I'm too lazy to look it up myself so someone please explain...thanks

paul jones
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
It makes yor penis longer and fatter

Dorothy Wood
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
look it up on the internet.

all I know is that whole grains give you energy, it's like caffeine. also, the grains pop open in your stomach and absorb all the toxins and rebuild your cells and grow your hair faster. white bread is made of moths. FACT.

Loppfessor
07-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Moths you say??!...and I AM looking it up on the internet aka BBMB

NoFenders
07-15-2008, 02:05 PM
I looooove bread!!! It was (and still is) very hard for me to give up white bread. Once in a while I make myself a salami sandiwch on white bread and I can't do pb&j on anything else. But after switching (for the most part) to wheat, it's helped loose a few pounds and even helps the energy level raise a bit. They say wheat bread promotes weight loss. Not sure how true it is, but I don't eat much white bread anymore, and I do notice a difference. I really want a salami sandwich on white bread now.

:cool:

HEIRESS
07-15-2008, 02:15 PM
whole grains leave you feeling fuller for longer so they help for weight loss in that aspect.

the whole grains contain far more nutrients (vitamins/minerals) than white bread. sprouted grain bread is the end all in that aspect.

the main deal with whole grain bread is that its fibre-rich compared to white bread so that helps with cleansing your system and preventing certain digestive system/colon cancers. yet again, this also aids in weight loss because you crap more often.

also by eating whole graind bread you avoid all the extra processing that white flour has gone through to produce white bread. you kinda dont want to ingest any of the chemicals used to produce that pristine white coloring.

jabumbo
07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
i was told to make sure its real wheat bread as well, because a lot of the packaged stuff says whole wheat on it but its made with that "enriched wheat flour" shit

russhie
07-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Is wholemeal good enough? I hate eating bread with grainy bits, it makes me feel like I'm eating bird food. Oh and sourdough - is that shit good or bad? It's the only kind of bread the cafe near my work serves up.

cosmo105
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
whole grains leave you feeling fuller for longer so they help for weight loss in that aspect.

the whole grains contain far more nutrients (vitamins/minerals) than white bread. sprouted grain bread is the end all in that aspect.

the main deal with whole grain bread is that its fibre-rich compared to white bread so that helps with cleansing your system and preventing certain digestive system/colon cancers. yet again, this also aids in weight loss because you crap more often.

also by eating whole graind bread you avoid all the extra processing that white flour has gone through to produce white bread. you kinda dont want to ingest any of the chemicals used to produce that pristine white coloring.
yup. and the complex carbs in whole grains are longer-burning and cause lower spikes in your blood sugar levels so you don't crash after having them, and they help your metabolism and again contain way more nutrients. ever notice on white bread products how they enrich the hell out of it with added vitamins and crap? that's because white flour has had all the good healthy parts removed so they have to add it back in.

as long as you try to get at least half of your grains whole, a little sourdough here and there isn't out of the question. mmmm sourdough.

Loppfessor
07-15-2008, 07:54 PM
interesting...thanks ladies! (y)

AceFace
07-16-2008, 08:33 AM

good god man! get to eating that whole loaf of bread NOW!

ms.peachy
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah Heiress and Cosmo have pretty much got this covered. Complex carbs > simple carbs. (Or, brown version of food > white version of same food.)

Bob
07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
whole grain bread cures cancer

white bread is made of cancer

jabumbo
07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
(Or, brown version of food > white version of same food.)

you mean even with cauliflower?

Bob
07-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Is wholemeal good enough? I hate eating bread with grainy bits, it makes me feel like I'm eating bird food. Oh and sourdough - is that shit good or bad? It's the only kind of bread the cafe near my work serves up.

i agree, i hate it when my bread is gritty. i know it's healthy but it's really just downright unpleasant to eat

DipDipDive
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, what everyone else said, plus the contents of standard white bread essentially turn to paste whilst passing through your digestive system and are very hard to digest. Pretty gross, if you think about it.

yeahwho
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I think your mixing up whole grain bread with the Indian peter bread.