PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the evolutionary function of PMS is?

Dorothy Wood
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
it's like, oh let me be all whiny and frustrated and bitchy when I'm also the most horny because my body's all, "last chance to make a baby before I push all this gunk out!"

anyway, the past couple of days I've been an extreme crab apple, and getting irritated at the slightest thing. and today I've been a grade A bitch. and then I was like, "I'll just go pee before I leave work" and bingo bongo, menstruation. duh! I always forget about PMS, but it's why I've been such a freak.

I was just thinking about what purpose it serves though. since your body wants to make a baby, but your brain is all, "everyone get the fuck away from me!"

Loppfessor
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
It's all primal just like the lioness in heat won't let just any lion come fuck her...she has to weed them out to find who has the best genes for breading etc. It's the same for humans, a man has to be quite a man to put up with the bitching and complaining that come with PMS to prove himself a suitable canidate

russhie
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Not saying that it's the case for you, but generally I think PMS or PMT or whatever is a load of shit, and too many girls use it as an excuse to become irrational, demanding bitches.

I get that there is some hormonal crap - like, I'm more likely to have a cry over something a couple of days before I get my period or whatever. But I can't stand it when my housemates bang on about it - ooooh I'm so bloated my boobs hurt I'm so cranky give me chocolate wah.

Waus
07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I think it's an easy excuse too - but it definitely exists.

Generally we get in a fight over something stupid - a couple hours later I'm like "wait a minute," and find out it's true, she's on her period(I don't always keep track).

Yetra Flam
07-15-2008, 11:05 PM
breading?

Bob
07-15-2008, 11:26 PM
breading?

a woman's not just going to bread for anyone don't you know?! he's got to have the right jeans!

anyway can't you just take a tylenol or something? come on

Dorothy Wood
07-16-2008, 12:54 AM
all you boys hush up, PMS stands for PRE Menstrual Syndrome. pre means before, if you didn't know.

I suppose some ladies may be irritable during their periods because it's an uncomfortable and annoying thing to deal with, but that's not PMS.

I guess what I was trying to say is that when I find myself becoming irrationally bitchy and then realize I'm about to start my period, it helps me check myself and think, "calm down dumb ass, your hormones are just a twitter".

anyway, I'm not sure I'm sold on lop's theory. even if it makes a little sense, it's hard for me to take someone seriously when they don't know what whole grains are.

taquitos
07-16-2008, 01:29 AM
i think it'd God's way of trying to show us all that girls are bitches and that we should take caution around them.

Dorothy Wood
07-16-2008, 01:43 AM
I want some science in here, damn it! not all this god and lions and tylenols bullshit. assholes.

:p

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 02:25 AM
I get that there is some hormonal crap - like, I'm more likely to have a cry over something a couple of days before I get my period or whatever.

yeah im the same around that time

I want some science in here, damn it! not all this god and lions and tylenols bullshit. assholes.

haha

russhie
07-16-2008, 02:54 AM
It's all primal just like the lioness in heat won't let just any lion come fuck her...she has to weed them out to find who has the best genes for breading etc. It's the same for humans, a man has to be quite a man to put up with the bitching and complaining that come with PMS to prove himself a suitable canidate

Like the generalisation that all men are intolerant boofheads, the idea that all women become unbearably bitchy and unreasonable prior to starting their period is false, damnit!

na§tee
07-16-2008, 03:23 AM
i started my period yesterday, too, dorothy. OMG COSMIC. uh. tmi?

it's different woman to woman, i guess. when i was younger i had extremely heavy periods. terrible restless legs. i'd have to sit in a boiling hot bath in the wee hours of the morning. drain it, do it all over again, instead of sleeping. ughhh. it was horrible.

then i went on the pill and all that mostly went away.

now i'm off it again i get a wee twinge of pain and certainly more emotional, but other than that - it's a bit of a non-event. i agree with russhie.

i wish tampons were free. motherfuckers.

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 04:44 AM
it feels like im getting mine pretty soon but logically wise it will take atleast 2 weeks till im there

and i never used tampons, just my hands

jabumbo
07-16-2008, 07:22 AM
i think that the quote i have down there is pretty scientific (y)

oh randy, you brute!

taquitos
07-16-2008, 07:41 AM
what did women use as tampons down through history?

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 07:45 AM
oh randy, you brute!

*high five*

tehehehe :o

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 07:45 AM
what did women use as tampons down through history?

taquitos.

venusvenus123
07-16-2008, 07:49 AM
i think that the quote i have down there is pretty scientific
oh, it's your sig? i have those turned off. might just log out to see it.

Like the generalisation that all men are intolerant boofheads, the idea that all women become unbearably bitchy and unreasonable prior to starting their period is false, damnit!

*passes russhie a square of dark chocolate... and a tampon, for later*

wow, if only my period were a "non-event". that must be a dream. everyone's body is different, so obviously everyone's menstrual/sexual etc experiences are going to be different. my experience of it most certainly affects my personal relationships, but i'm hoping it doesn't affect my job...

men put up with pms; we put up with stinky socks and drunken behaviour etc etc. :cool:

na§tee
07-16-2008, 07:54 AM
i apologise for calling my period a non-event when, uh, so many women suffer? jeepers i'm putting my foot in it this week, aren't i?

hey you, period, you're important to me.
we're going to CELEBRATE you!
i will never take you for granted again. let's hug!

: p

venusvenus123
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
i apologise for calling my period a non-event when, uh, so many women suffer? jeepers i'm putting my foot in it this week, aren't i?

hey you, period, you're important to me.
we're going to CELEBRATE you!
i will never take you for granted again. let's hug!

: p

consider yourself lucky, that's all ;)

and let's hug it out, bitch. :P

russhie
07-16-2008, 08:17 AM
*passes russhie a square of dark chocolate... and a tampon, for later*

wow, if only my period were a "non-event". that must be a dream. everyone's body is different, so obviously everyone's menstrual/sexual etc experiences are going to be different. my experience of it most certainly affects my personal relationships, but i'm hoping it doesn't affect my job...

men put up with pms; we put up with stinky socks and drunken behaviour etc etc. :cool:

Don't get me wrong, mine isn't exactly a picnic in the park, it's painful to the point of passing out/vomiting, but I just figure that it happens to alot of other women, and they can function normally - why shouldn't I? Not diminishing your experience, though. Just wanted to clarify that I don't have these opinions cause I'm blessed with great periods or anything. eee

AceFace
07-16-2008, 08:21 AM
wow, if only my period were a "non-event". that must be a dream. everyone's body is different, so obviously everyone's menstrual/sexual etc experiences are going to be different.

you said just what i was thinking. i can't see how any self respecting woman could use it as an excuse to be bitchy. i'd imagine they'd probably just be bitchy everyday.

i don't get bitchy. i get SAD. incredibly sad. and i am almost guaranteed to cry. it also seems the older i get, the worse my cramps are. it's awful. i'm allergic to birth control so i have to suffer or get an RX for better pain relievers. also, my tits hurt incredibly bad during that time... i wish that was me making something up to complain about instead of it really being a problem.

na§tee
07-16-2008, 08:30 AM
uh.. just to clarify, i didn't condone the use of periods as an 'excuse' to be an intolerable cow.

it's a non-event for ME, MEEEEEE! only me. i was just talking about my own experiences, not generalising the experience of millions of women. just my womb! hello, womb! how is your lining today? oh you don't feel like talking? fine then, party pooper!

AceFace
07-16-2008, 08:38 AM
just my womb! hello, womb! how is your lining today? oh you don't feel like talking? fine then, party pooper!

that was so strange, yet i laughed. :)

monkey
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
i know i become a little extra irrational and emotional once a month, if i can recognize it, i tend to try to chill myself out. but it's taken me a long time for me to learn my own responses to my hormonal changes. im a little more aware now, and still sometimes i forget that maybe the reason ive been crying every morning for the past 4 days is just pms.
it sucks that one's body is just so aware of the fluctuations in hormones. but the super big boobies for a week of the month is kinda awesome.

Dorothy Wood
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
wait, your boobs grow?

I don't think anything really happens to me other than bloating. I get cramps maybe 3 times a year. I'm pretty lucky.

I guess I'm not going to get any scientific answers about PMS in here after all. :/

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
i always get cramps at the first day, sometimes at the second one, always on the fourth one at night, for the big finish

it's each month at the same daily flow heaviness level too

pm me for more details

NoFenders
07-16-2008, 12:35 PM
All I know is that PMS can make women irrational and delusional. Then they return to the earth as if nothing ever happened. I really try to stay away when I know "it's that time of the month".

:cool:

TAL
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Go Red Wings!

Loppfessor
07-16-2008, 01:40 PM

Obviously I'm being a smart ass, but there are a LOT of women who used PMS as an excuse to act like a jerk....

Lyman Zerga
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Obviously I'm being a smart ass, but there are a LOT of women who used PMS as an excuse to act like a jerk....

same with drunkies

monkey
07-16-2008, 08:08 PM
wait, your boobs grow?

I don't think anything really happens to me other than bloating. I get cramps maybe 3 times a year. I'm pretty lucky.

I guess I'm not going to get any scientific answers about PMS in here after all. :/

yea my boobs grow like half a size at least.. they get big and really perky, almost fake looking. but i also get bloated and wanna eat half the world. ugh.
and yea... this isn't the best place for your desired answer. though i'm not sure if that question has ever been answered at all.

Yetra Flam
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
ha you women with your women problems

Loppfessor
07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
same with drunkies

The worst is a drunk chic having PMS!

taquitos
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
in case anyone was wondering i knew a guy in college that kept a rag in the trunk of
his car that he claimed he used to wipe off his girlfriend's vagina before having sex with her
while she was on her period. once, another guy i knew accidentally used the rag to
wipe his forehead with after golfing.

much disgust and humiliation soon followed.

Dorothy Wood
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM
why would you use a bloody rag to wipe your face? also, what kind of disgusting girl would repeatedly allow her vagina to be wiped with a filthy crusted blood rag?

*pukes*

venusvenus123
07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
The worst is a drunk chic having PMS!

the worst is a drunk person in possession of a PENIS!

Loppfessor
07-17-2008, 12:32 PM
the worst is a drunk person in possession of a PENIS!

You obviously didn't read this thread...

insertnamehere
07-17-2008, 04:52 PM
ive been real girly and emotional the past couple of days, and i just started taking birth control pills again the other day. could these events be realted?

not like crying all the time emotional, but ive been in a cuddle mood, and everything makes me go "aawwwwww"

also, i randomly started apologizing to a friend of mine for being a bitch to him well over a year ago, telling him how it saddened me that we used to be so close and that i fucked it all up and that im a terrible friend and i feel really bad about it. he asked if i was drunk, haha

Helvete
07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
That's nice.

insertnamehere
07-17-2008, 04:58 PM
that was supposed to be related but i sort of failed at tying it in.

uh.... hormones. yeah!!!

see, related.