PDA

View Full Version : gza-pro tools

checkyourprez
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
straight up wu banger. if you dont think so your gay, no arguing.

highlights: its got a nice 50 cent diss on there (paper plate). he raps a-z (for the most part) on the chorus of alphabets. and rza unleashes his best verse in YEARS on pencil.

checkyourprez
08-21-2008, 05:56 PM
what happened to all the hip hop heads in here? good album by a legend in the game and i'm gettin nothin here, NOTHIN!

roosta
08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
the beat on Paper Plate (by RZA) is weak.

Id be interested in this, however.

adam_f
08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't like it. That's why I've said nothing.

rirv
08-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't understand how RZA can produce Liquid Swords and then go on to make Bobby Digital crap. Most dissapointing album I ever bought.

milkboy009
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Im a HUGE liquid swords fan but haven't listened to any of his other stuff really...
will have to check this out....

checkyourprez
08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
pencil is a fucking sick song. honestly i wish RZA would sound like that on every thing he makes. his verse is ridiculously tight.

song 15 is pretty cool too, idk who is singing on it but thats another one of my favorites on the album.

Kid Presentable
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah it's acres and fathoms and furlongs and hectares better than Digi Snacks, which was the musical equivalent to being urinated on by an elephant while you're cutting its toenails. Many even say it's better than Grandmasters, which I didn't mind in the first place. And GZA is a little bit boring at times, but fuck it. Rap music is so annoying to me at the moment that this has made me pretty happy. I like it a fair amount more than being shot out of a cannon.

checkyourprez
08-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't understand how RZA can produce Liquid Swords and then go on to make Bobby Digital crap. Most dissapointing album I ever bought.

i can see your point, although it really has nothing to do with GZA and pro tools.

which i must say, is getting better and better every time i listen to it. probably have given it over 30 spins front to back since i got it. the beats are really all quality, gza does a good job on this too. way way better than grandmaster in my opinion which sounded really lethargic to me.

Deep_Sea_Rain
08-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Pencil and Alphabets are amazing...verses, beats, everything. I really like how he changes stuff up with the back and forth rhyming with his son on Groundbreaking, and the whispering on Cinema. Sick album.

I caught GZA performing Liquid Swords live the other day and got to meet him...very cool cat.

DJ Pioneer
09-04-2008, 01:24 PM
The album GZA made with DJ Muggs a couple years ago was all right. He's still awesome with the words, but it came across as a little boring to me.

I thought Paper Plate was cool. He tears 50 up lyrically.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Which at the moment is like tearing up 2pac in a breathing contest.