PDA

View Full Version : seven deadly sins

na§tee
08-26-2008, 03:45 AM
i must make this thread once every four years or something but i do not care. i cannot find the old one.

vote and explain, motherfuckers.

Dorothy Wood
08-26-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm lazy.

na§tee
08-26-2008, 04:09 AM
i have realised over the past couple of years that i am becoming an increasingly jealous person, which i hate.

it's not that i wish other people failure. i'm very selective in my envy. ahahaha.

most of it came from a girl who i used to live with and getting back in touch with her via the magical wonders of facebook. she had no practical experience in film during university, whereas i did but obviously didn't utilise my contacts enough, grr, her parents supported her during the shitty downtime freelancers have inbetween jobs (whereas i couldn't cope so took a normal 9-5 with a salary like the rest of the population) and now she is motherfreakin' living in new york and working for a television company out there. this morning she just added pictures from a 'BERMUDA SHOOT' to her profile. motherfucking. bermuda. shoot. she is paid to go to bermuda and vancouver and all over the world to be a researcher/associate producer. colour me jealous.

i have no idea why they couldn't have got an american person to do the job but eh.. i guess she will be back in a couple of months unless they can wrangle a visa out of the system for her. i'm sure the country would need more engineers or scientists, not people who find facts for the discovery channel, but what can you do.

it's not a matter of 'it's not fair'. well. sometimes i feel that way, but i know that is a really childish accusation. i always thought i could succeed, and curse me for saying it but i thought i was a damn sight more intelligent/able than she was, but she's the one out there living it up. hrmppphhhh.

i guess it's sort of an insight into 'what could have been' and it just makes me kick myself more. could that be me if i hadn't of gave up so easily (probably related to my second most committed sin, SLOTH)? have i burned all my bridges already and can i not make that happen NOW? have i gone too far? can i ever make amends? AM I STUCK IN THIS COUNTRY FOREVER? ARGHHHH.

i have so many fucking regrets and i am only 25 :(

it's mostly directly at her though, because she is a contemporary, with the same degree, same age, doing what i would have loved to of been doing.

things like - someone having a fantastic boy/girlfriend, my flatmate getting his parents to pay for every single thing, still, when he is 25, or my other flatmate getting her round the world trip paid for by daddy when i saved up to go to australia for the best part of a year and a bit - i'm not envious, i'm proud i can support myself and that i made the things i worked for happen on my own.

i don't care about people being millionaires or driving a fancy car. it's just when it seems related to my own goals and ambitions.

Pres Zount
08-26-2008, 04:11 AM
I think I'm about 60% wrath and 40% sloth.

You're lucky that I'm so lazy, all you people that have crossed me! :mad:

ms.peachy
08-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Definitely sloth.

I'm sort of working on it, in a kind of half-assed way.

camo
08-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Envy. I've had a bad year and have noticed a lot of people who haven't had what I've had to put up with.

This has of course lead to bouts of wrath :(

Drederick Tatum
08-26-2008, 05:41 AM
probably lust. too many fine women in this world.

kaiser soze
08-26-2008, 07:07 AM
This poll made me horny, so I guess....lust

8===========D

mikizee
08-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah lust and greed mos def mayne

na§tee
08-26-2008, 07:33 AM
haha you lusty motherfuckers just want us all to believe your biggest sin is getting too much ass...

Kid Presentable
08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Most people are too sinfully proud to admit how scummy they are. Me, I'm into all the sins. I even feel pride when I'm looking at myself eating in the mirror and getting jealous of myself. BAM! you can add lust as well.

Lex Diamonds
08-26-2008, 08:08 AM
If it wasn't for sloth, I would probably do all the others a lot more.

mikizee
08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
haha you lusty motherfuckers just want us all to believe your biggest sin is getting too much ass...

If only that was true..

Randetica
08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
im quite slothy and greedy but sometimes im even too slothy to be greedy

Freebasser
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
i thought i was a damn sight more intelligent/able than she was

if i hadn't of gave up so easily

Oh, the irony.

Waus
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
I think most of my other sins stem from sloth.

jabumbo
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
i often find myself envious of what other people have that i don't. and the dumb thing about it is that the reason i don't have those things are because i generally feel content with what i do have. it's a catch-22, i can't win or lose!

(kind of creepy that one of my friends was talking to me about the sins quite randomly yesterday)

Bob
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
definitely lust. i can't get out of bed most mornings because there's always like a dozen women in there that are all "oh bob come back". i'm honestly starting to get sick of it, it's like "damn ladies, all i want to do is play video games in my underwear all day, i can't be having sex all the time, that's just lame"

also, is lying a sin? i've got that too

yeahwho
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
1. Sloths Rock!

the other six in order of deadliness,

2. Lust
3. Greed
4. Gluttony
5. Envy
6. Pride
7. Wrath

I'm lacking wrath in my sinning area, I should probably try and balance that area out.

Bjork
08-26-2008, 02:50 PM
For the record, this is the 5th time this thread has been done since '03.

Freebasser
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
But this is the sexiest and most action-packed version yet. Am I right, thread-fans? ;)

na§tee
08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh, the irony.
:mad:

i am also sloth-like in bashing out thread replies at 9am at work. i re-wrote the beginning of that sentence but forgot to change it to given, okay?

maybe your biggest sin is being a big MEANIE, FREEB :mad:

For the record, this is the 5th time this thread has been done since '03.

yeah, and they were probably all done by me. BUT I COULDN'T FIND THEM. RARGHHH! /goes wrath on skye.

i'm adding new sins : being mean or a pedant. pedantic meanies. i'm making the rules now. fuck you, JC.

monkey
08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
im clearly going to hell, picking my worst sin is nearly impossible.

Bjork
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
No way, back in 2005's deadly sins thread I did a handstand on page 2, and had received oral on page 5.

Pres Zount
08-27-2008, 05:32 AM
When is Atheism going to make it onto that list, or, uh, homicide?

Everyone is so proud of their sins that god is going to send us all to hell anyway.

gbsuey
08-27-2008, 05:39 AM
I am a fine mix of a leetle bit of each. mmmmm sins:p

beastieangel01
08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
lust and some sloth mixed in to one. Though I'm getting better about the sloth, thing.

and speaking of lust, this inspires me to write a post that might make everyone uncomfortable but oh well you all know me anyway. :|

BangkokB
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I honestly don't see how anyone: Man, woman, or animal~ Doesn't have an explosive charge of lust in them.

That's Primal

Randetica
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
I honestly don't see how anyone: Man, woman, or animal~ Doesn't have an explosive charge of lust in them.

That's Primal

we all have all of that shit above but what of those sins would send you straight to hell first?

i dont believe in that crap anyway

MC Moot
08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Oh yes,pride...I have mad pride to a fault...in my heritage and my family,in my past,in my post secondary education,in the number of really strange way's I've made a living since high school,in my travels,in athletic and physical prowess,in the way I carry myself with compassion and care for my fellow human being,in that handsome mug that looks back at me from the mirror,in my occupation,in my penchant for the finer things in life,in my ability to overcome adversity and hard times...etc,etc,etc....:o

Myu-to
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Lust.

Not that I do, but I inspire lust in so many people.

I am ashamed of my hotness.:(

BangkokB
08-27-2008, 03:12 PM
we all have all of that shit above but what of those sins would send you straight to hell first?

i dont believe in that crap anyway
Do you really believe one sin trumps the other? As far as I know Blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin~ And there's still a big question mark as to what that is EXACTLY.

The only chapter and verse that I can think of about lust is New Testament where Ted Nugent says that it's better to enter Heaven w/o an eye or a hand than to not. I read that as saying Spanking the Monkey and Lookee Looing on Diddle is just as...But then the Ted Nugent "Stranglehold" pick slid gets in the way of the message.

Can you pass me another cigarette? Is there anything left in that bottle? Bonus points if you can name the song

DLR offers Absolution

Randetica
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Do you really believe one sin trumps the other? As far as I know Blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin~ And there's still a big question mark as to what that is EXACTLY.

The only chapter and verse that I can think of about lust is New Testament where Ted Nugent says that it's better to enter Heaven w/o an eye or a hand than to not. I read that as saying Spanking the Monkey and Lookee Looing on Diddle is just as...But then the Ted Nugent "Stranglehold" pick slid gets in the way of the message.

Can you pass me another cigarette? Is there anything left in that bottle? Bonus points if you can name the song

DLR offers Absolution

i believe you got to do monsterous things to go to hell, not human things like those "sins" above

this is just made up shit to keep us people short!

Burnout18
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
most of it came from a girl who i used to live with and getting back in touch with her via the magical wonders of facebook.

i'll tell u what, facebook has made me a jealous motherfucker too. I feel like deleting it, but yet im so tempted to see what/how other people are doing. and normally it seems they are all doing better then me.

BangkokB
08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
i believe you got to do monsterous things to go to hell, not human things like those "sins" above

this is just made up shit to keep us people short!
I've convinced myself into thing that too. I'm a risk taker: I'll go as far as to say that I believe in Death Bed Repentance.

Risk Taking Too the Extreme: The Big Gamble is the Soul Gamble

Lex Diamonds
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM

DLR offers Absolution
BangkokB knows it.