PDA

View Full Version : Oh Happy Day is Mine...

AceFace
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
MAC just opened up a counter in my city! no more driving 4 hours to buy makeup! YAYAYAYAY!

lets talk about makeup!

*this is a very girly thread.

Freebasser
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
No, let's talk about football instead!

AceFace
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
oh freebs. i know you like the MAC too, just admit it.

Bjork
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
what's so great about MAC?

Freebasser
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
They make trucks?

Big fucking trucks!

NoFenders
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
That's Mack.

:cool:

AceFace
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
big fucking trucks with fabulous lip gloss.

MAC is the superior makeup, in my opinion. it doesn't break me out like most brands, they have interesting colors that others don't even think of carrying and their "lipglass" is a big addiction. it's been my favorite for several years but only available in Richmond or in DC so when i would go visit friends, i would have to factor in time to pick up anything i needed and of course to buy new things.

Yorkshire~Rose
08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Ooooooh I love MAC. The first thing i ever bought was the lip pencil in 'Spice'. Everyone was raving about it and i was all 'pft, it's just a lip pencil'. Turned out to be as brilliant as everyone said. Perfect colour for me. Topped off with some lipglass and i'm a happy girl.

The range of colours they have too in eyeshadow is fantastic.

MC Moot
08-28-2008, 02:32 PM
My lady only uses the Clinique…I know this by heart cause I alway’s almost pa$$ out when I purcha$e for her at Christmas…:eek:

AceFace
08-28-2008, 02:38 PM
heh. MAC would probably double that price...ooooh but good idea! I CAN GET MAC GIFT CERTIFICATES NOW! you have no idea how excited that thought makes me.

MC Moot
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
ohhhhhhh I see,movie star make-up...;)

na§tee
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
i used to be all about the MAC. i have many of their christmas sets of eyeshadows and lipglosses etc. the stuff which really breaks the bank though are their brushes. ouch. i have a MAC makeup bag that cost waaay more than a makeup bag should.

but nowadays i'm all for laura mercier. MAC is more about trends and hot new colours and all that jazz, laura mercier is more classic colours and creating a FLAWLESS FACE (TM) plus MAC's skin stuff was just ugghh. laura mercier's tinted moisturiser and mineral powder are AMAZING for sensitive skin like mine, and for people who don't need to use a tonne of liquid foundation (ugh, i hate it) they also do this brilliant brilliant brilliant product called a stickgloss, which is part lip balm, part lip colour and part lip glace. buy it in the rosewater colour. it is a must have. because i don't wear makeup daily i look stupid if i have full-on colour on my lips when the rest of my face isn't made up - but this is so so complimentary.

i generally don't like wearing a full-on face of makeup. i very rarely do it. maybe once every three weeks or something. i am incredibly lazy and value an extra 10 minutes in bed over a perfect complexion.
people who wear makeup to accentuate rather than hide = success.

er.. that is all. laura, where's my money?

anyway. if there isn't a MAC near you buy it online! or on ebay. that's what i do. but i guess you don't have that problem anymore.

robertdowneyjr
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
All makeups does is hides ones uglinesses like a mask

ericlee
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm craving a big mac right about now.

cookiepuss
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
ive never used MAC.

Right now I'm a big fan of Dr. Hauschka (http://www.drhauschka.com/)

this is the BEST Eyeliner (http://www.drhauschka.com/holistic-products/details.aspx?id=78) ever. the bursh is so fine and accurate. it doesn't smear and it's Opthalmologically tested to be safe for your eyes.

Randetica
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
i dont care about make up brands or any other brands i just use whatever

beastieangel01
08-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I dig me some MAC. Though I think I lost my touch and taste for doing more interesting eye make-up like I used to. I'm just too lazy and stick with what I know is tried and true for myself.

I remember Toy always doing amazing eye make-up. I'd like to see what her two cents is.

QueenAdrock
08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I was told to get MAC eyeliner. Some brands just suck and come off like crayon-like (doesn't go on smoothly), and so they suggested that. I've never used liquid eyeliner before because the thought kinda scares me, just because of how dark and...more permanent it seems. Like, if I messed up I wouldn't be able to get it off that easily, and mistakes are more easily seen. I was thinking about trying it, though....

yeahwho
08-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I think the current trend of heavily painted up eyes is awesome. It has both a futuristic look and a 60's throwback look to it.

I asked my girlfriend what she thinks is the best and she said some stuff called nars...

Whats up with artwork on toenails?

AceFace
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I was told to get MAC eyeliner. Some brands just suck and come off like crayon-like (doesn't go on smoothly), and so they suggested that. I've never used liquid eyeliner before because the thought kinda scares me, just because of how dark and...more permanent it seems. Like, if I messed up I wouldn't be able to get it off that easily, and mistakes are more easily seen. I was thinking about trying it, though....

yeah the MAC eye pencils are great. i can't use liquid liner either. the MAC eye pencils are extremely smooth and are never hard to put on the eye. they're very controllable too.

i have this one eye pencil from them that's "olive" and glittery. i use that all the time when i'm lazy and don't want to do my eyes. it really dresses up the eye in a matter of seconds. throw on some mascara and lip glass and go!

AceFace
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
here's the olive glitter pencil on my eye.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2276/2765718762_ea0773a59b_b.jpg

hellojello
08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
i dont care about make up
I tend to agree.

Randetica
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
another one trying to make me a man

hellojello
08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
In retrospect, writing ''me too'' may have conveyed my sentiments a little better.

Dorothy Wood
08-30-2008, 01:45 AM
I only use cheap makeup from the drug store. I rarely wear makeup, much to my mom's chagrin (among other things, she's a trained makeup artist). I mostly just use cheapy black eyeliner, smudged a bit, then I curl my eyelashes and put on clear mascara, then do a little blush and lip gloss. I do have some nice blushes and eyeshadows from when she worked for estee lauder. and she gets me fancy skin care stuffs from origins sometimes. when I want to even out my complexion I sometimes use physicians formula mineral powder.

russhie
08-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Clinique is bomb. I use their skincare, makeup remover, and most of my makeup is Clinique - I do have some Estee Lauder eyeshadows though, they're quality.

Nars is also good - Clinique and MAC are about the same price level, Nars is a bit above that.