PDA

View Full Version : screaming

Bob
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
i wish women would scream less

i keep hearing screaming outside my window, and it's not that it bothers me exactly, it's just that i keep thinking "oh my god someone's being raped out there i should call the police" but i listen more closely and no, they're clearly just excited about something.

it's not just tonight though, it seems to happen fairly often. like i'll be walking down the street and i'll hear a scream coming from an alley and i'm like "oh no someone's being attacked!" but no, someone's boyfriend just proposed in an alley. or i'll be walking down the mall and hear a scream and i'll be like "oh my god someone's getting robbed!" but no, it's just a teenage girl that got a text message

save it for important things ladies!

funk63
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Man tell me about it.

Bob
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
i bet the only reason nobody called the cops to save kitty genovese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_genovese) is because they thought she was just getting really hyped about the yankees or something

edit: god they're still screaming and it really sounds like something bad is happening until i go up to the window to listen. stop crying wolf out there!

ericlee
08-29-2008, 09:39 PM
There's always screaming outside of my place and most likely they are either being attacked or raped.

Most of the time it's drunk ladies screaming along with the Spanish music too.

Dorothy Wood
08-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I prefer hollering.

oh man bob, oh man, don't ever watch mamma mia, there's sooo much screaming, it's retarded.

Bob
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I prefer hollering.

oh man bob, oh man, don't ever watch mamma mia, there's sooo much screaming, it's retarded.

oh well i'll take that off my netflix queue then, thanks

ToucanSpam
08-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Squealing is a little bit worse than screaming, in my opinion. Especially when there's a large group of women doing it together.

venusvenus123
08-30-2008, 05:10 AM
it's not just tonight though, it seems to happen fairly often. like i'll be walking down the street and i'll hear a scream coming from an alley and i'm like "oh no someone's being attacked!" but no, someone's boyfriend just proposed in an alley. or i'll be walking down the mall and hear a scream and i'll be like "oh my god someone's getting robbed!" but no, it's just a teenage girl that got a text message

save it for important things ladies!
:D

i bet you love catherine tate's character, margaret (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GCA0b_tS3TI), then...

this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T1m74w351IU) is actually funnier

Randetica
08-30-2008, 05:28 AM
im so totally not one of those women

venusvenus123
08-30-2008, 05:54 AM
i screamed when i opened this thread. i always think i'm falling into a worm hole when the page loads and the screen goes black.

na§tee
08-30-2008, 06:00 AM
ahh.. kitty genovese. *remembers bystander effect essay she did in 2nd year psychology at uni*

i don't think i've ever done a proper full-on scared for my life scream. i was scared at a ghost tour once. i think i gave it a fair try then.

BBboy20
08-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Must be a big city thing....oh wait! (http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PYR/PP31471%7EThe-Spirit-Posters.jpg)

mate_spawn_die
08-30-2008, 06:17 AM
i went over my parents house last week and there was this kid who looked about 8 years old playing in the backyard next door. he kept screaming like someone was torturing him with a soldering gun.... but i guess he was just having fun

Bob
08-30-2008, 10:50 AM
i went over my parents house last week and there was this kid who looked about 8 years old playing in the backyard next door. he kept screaming like someone was torturing him with a soldering gun.... but i guess he was just having fun

oh yeah that's the other thing, kids who do it too. i hate that, i hear screaming kids all the time. like i'll be walking by a park or a playground and i'll hear kids screaming and i'll stop for a second and be like "are they being abducted...? no, probably not"

Lex Diamonds
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I hate women screaming (unless it's in bed). If a girl that I'm with screams during a film or something it genuinely pisses me off. What's the point? You're not in any real danger. It's just unsettling and makes you look like an emotional landmine. Save that shit for when you're about to die/come.

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Padster, you might like to know that an orgasm is also called the "little death," so there is some coordination there.

rirv
08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
This is the reason they had to invent the Honk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy1KZFCTlo).

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
But, yeah, Bob -- girls' screaming just for screaming's sake is really unnerving. Even if you know the context, it's pretty awful.

There was some article I read about the Jonas Brothers where they talked about how girls' screaming sets off their edorphins or whatever,
and it just waves right through to the next girl and the next and the next, which is why you've got the bobby-soxer phenomenon with
these things. Pretty weird, but I guess guys pump themselves up with war cries, too, right?

Still -- ugh. And kids' screaming is awful, too. I cringe as I pass by some playgrounds, I swear.

Randetica
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
they are nothing but attention whores, like the ones you drop into a pool and go like AAAAHHH OMG STOP! but at the same time they cant wait it to happen again..

funk63
08-30-2008, 04:18 PM
There was some article I read about the Jonas Brothers where they talked about how girls' screaming sets off their edorphins or whatever,
and it just waves right through to the next girl and the next and the next, which is why you've got the bobby-soxer phenomenon with
these things. Pretty weird, but I guess guys pump themselves up with war cries, too, right?

Thats interesting, but Why were you reading an article about the Jonas Brothers in the first place?

Bjork
08-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I bet Bob is a screamer.

Bob
08-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Like I'd know.

Bjork
08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Don't worry about it Bob.

I have faith in you that someday you will become an overpriced asshole lawyer ... Buy fancy suede driving moccasins and a yellow Porche convertible.

And have enough money to buy whatever pussy you desire.

Bob
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
my backup plan is to create a woman out of money

Bjork
08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Sugarcoat it however you like, its still prostitution.

Bob
08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
oh no! i pre-emptively feel bad about it

Bjork
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Lawyers have no feelings, you better get with the program.

abcdefz
08-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Thats interesting, but Why were you reading an article about the Jonas Brothers in the first place?

I think Echewta started thread about them or something, and then I was killing time at the book store and they were on the cover of RS,
so I checked it out.

I read the article and then went to sample the new CD to see what the fuss was about, and I kinda don't get it (the really positive critical
reviews -- not the fact that millions of girls would dig them). I don't think the hooks are that strong, and the singer has that kind of
fake-breathy thing going on that is supposed to sound soulful but really just sounds affected. There was one song that sounded cool,
though -- this really stripped down, loping sort of thing, if I remember right. And there was a line in the title track that honestly did get
to me, where it was something about having to stay in the hospital for a little longer. That bit got me.

rirv
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I91CFOCp04&feature=related

About 2:45 in - I bet you don't have to put up with that Bob.

funk63
09-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I think Echewta started thread about them or something, and then I was killing time at the book store and they were on the cover of RS,
so I checked it out.

I read the article and then went to sample the new CD to see what the fuss was about, and I kinda don't get it (the really positive critical
reviews -- not the fact that millions of girls would dig them). I don't think the hooks are that strong, and the singer has that kind of
fake-breathy thing going on that is supposed to sound soulful but really just sounds affected. There was one song that sounded cool,
though -- this really stripped down, loping sort of thing, if I remember right. And there was a line in the title track that honestly did get
to me, where it was something about having to stay in the hospital for a little longer. That bit got me.

The only thing I can say to that is mega gay

Randetica
09-01-2008, 09:57 AM
in a rollercoaster i MUST scream cause it's impossible not to

i dont know how hetero guys do that