PDA

View Full Version : LOL I WENT 2 DA ZOO 2DAY

rirv
08-30-2008, 02:51 PM
and i saw lions and tigers and bears and elephants and jaguars and giraffes and a red panda and chimpos and orangutangs and fish and cranes and rhinos and tapirs and warthogs and i had an ice cream.

True story.

Randetica
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
i only ever care about the baby hippos

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM
and i saw lions and tigers and bears and elephants and jaguars and giraffes and a red panda and chimpos and orangutangs and fish and cranes and rhinos and tapirs and warthogs and i had an ice cream.

True story.

i went to chester zoo on tuesday and was gonna post on here about it but forgot.
I hadnt been to a zoo for about 20 years and i had a great time. we took our daughter for her 2nd birthday and it was good day out. i didnt have an ice cream though. we went on the monorail.

monkey
08-30-2008, 03:14 PM
youre so lucky! i wish i could go to the zoo...

rirv
08-30-2008, 03:19 PM
i went to chester zoo on tuesday and was gonna post on here about it but forgot.
I hadnt been to a zoo for about 20 years and i had a great time. we took our daughter for her 2nd birthday and it was good day out. i didnt have an ice cream though. we went on the monorail.

Haha, I went to Chester Zoo too! It's only two and a half miles from my house. I got free tickets from the Llama/Alpaca keeper.

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:20 PM
youre so lucky! i wish i could go to the zoo...

i never really thought much of them really but its a top day out, i will be going again and taking the kids. Might go to safari park but i am worried my car will be destroyed

na§tee
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I got free tickets from the Llama/Alpaca keeper.

PIMP, yo!

i'm going to go to melbourne zoo soon!

haven't been to one in years.

my favourite parts of zoos are the, er.. insect.. insect.. er.. ariums. wherever they house all the insects and lizards and snakes and shit. yeeeahhh.

although i do favour ring-tailed lemurs (http://www.dumondconservancy.org/dc2005/images/web/troy%20originals/lemur8.jpg). they are awesome.

aquariums are super cool too.

gooooooooo animal kingdom!

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Haha, I went to Chester Zoo too! It's only two and a half miles from my house. I got free tickets from the Llama/Alpaca keeper.

(y) but London isnt 2 and a half miles from chester:confused:

Its a massive zoo though, i didnt realise - we didnt see it all, there is no way you could see it all in one day but we saw a lot of cool stuff

Bob
08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
looks like rirv's been a lion

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM
looks like rirv's been a lion

took me about twenty seconds to get that bob. He might have moved and probably couldnt be arsed changing his location on his profile. I actually live in boston now i just didnt bother telling you lot

Bob
08-30-2008, 03:40 PM
ah yeah, i thought it felt a little british around here lately

rirv
08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I'm in between London and Chester at the moment whilst I sort out my life.

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
ah yeah, i thought it felt a little british around here lately

there's more than one boston bob but i havent been to any of them

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Glad you didn't get mauled, rirv. (y)

rirv
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
The lions have just had cubs so they were hiding, the tigers were awesome but disinterested in my flesh and the jaguar was behind a glass screen and was pacing around and around and around in a large figure of eight.

I think I could handle myself with any of the other animals.

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
the lions at chester zoo looked so fucking bored, they didnt move once when i saw them but i suppose a lion in a zoo has got fuck all to do.

apparently the batcave is the best place but i didnt go there

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
The lions have just had cubs so they were hiding, the tigers were awesome but disinterested in my flesh and the jaguar was behind a glass screen and was pacing around and around and around in a large figure of eight.

I think I could handle myself with any of the other animals.

The elephant would so own you.

rirv
08-30-2008, 03:53 PM
the lions at chester zoo looked so fucking bored, they didnt move once when i saw them but i suppose a lion in a zoo has got fuck all to do.

I was hoping they were going to tie a goat up and place it in the tiger enclosure a lá Juarassic Park with the T-Rex. Alas, twas not to be.

rirv
08-30-2008, 03:55 PM
The elephant would so own you.
An elephant never forgets, and they owe me a big favour.

I was hoping they were going to tie a goat up and place it in the tiger enclosure a lá Juarassic Park with the T-Rex. Alas, twas not to be.
But I did see a frog eat a cockroach. Nature in all its brutal force.

I honestly haven't been this excited about something since the Olympics. I loved every minute of the zoo. If I had a blog I would put my mood as 'happy/inquisitive' and write a lengthy poem made of haikus to express my thoughts. But I'll take it out on you guys.

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:55 PM

the most exciting thing i saw was a chimpanzee do a massive shit into its own hand and then eat it. it was minging although my daughter thought it was funny

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 03:56 PM
An elephant never forgets, and they owe me a big favour.

Not if you keep voting Democrat.

Guy Incognito
08-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I honestly haven't been this excited about something since the Olympics. I loved every minute of the zoo. If I had a blog I would put my mood as 'happy/inquisitive' and write a lengthy poem made of haikus to express my thoughts. But I'll take it out on you guys.

Me too, i was really buzzin the day after, a lot of that was because the birthday had gone well but it really was a great day out.

abcdefz
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
If I had a blog I would put my mood as 'happy/inquisitive' and write a lengthy poem made of haikus to express my thoughts. But I'll take it out on you guys.

Ron, the zoo's tiger,
Looked at me, then blinked and yawned.
Maybe he should rest.

ms.peachy
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
We live not far from the London Zoo so we go quite frequently. Not quite once a month but probably pretty close to that. Mathilda is currently all about the okapis.

rirv
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I forgot to mention the funniest bit:

They had Zulus in the zoo. At first I thought it was a gross throwback to colonial times and people could point and stare at black men dancing. Turns out it was a Zulu dance troupe who did a show at lunch time.

So pretty much a gross throwback to colonial times then. Except I'm pretty sure that the Zulus were here for the beer.

Freebasser
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Lions and tigers and bears? Oh my! :(

Pres Zount
08-31-2008, 05:21 AM
I am staying not very far away from an ex-zoo. The gate is all locked and boarded up, and they use the site for all manner of construction purposes. What is interesting are the animals depicted in iron on the gate itself; they are behind bars and all have sad faces on. : /

One might think that the closure of a zoo where all the animals are sad is a good thing, but I doubt they all went to good homes. They most likely just took most of them out the back and shot them. The rats were probably just let loose.

Freebasser
08-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Where were they let loose?

Pres Zount
08-31-2008, 08:30 AM
The orphanage next door is the most likely place, but some may have made it to the sewers that criss cross underneath our fine uh, town.

mate_spawn_die
08-31-2008, 08:33 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! (in an obnoxious, high pitch, child voice)

Pres Zount
08-31-2008, 08:36 AM
There have been reports of "sad faced" rats attacking passers by and scrawling "revenge!" on buildings being built inside the ex-zoo complex.

paul jones
08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Where were they let loose?

In this pop video(y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVFI3QzDH8&feature=related