PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to enlighten me?

travesty
09-03-2008, 12:29 AM
So I'm back. Two years ago at the mid-term elections I swore I would never come back to this board as they seemed to have disintegrated in to mush mouthed rhetoric and far left talking points. Out of curiosity and my love for the Beasties I dropped back in this evening. After reading a few of the more recent posts I must say I am glad to see much more reasonable, well thought out (and supported) debate. Congrats to everyone on making a more tolerable and mature arena for discussion.(y) I hope I didn't just read the few good posts!

Anyhow I am lost on this election. In general I lean to the right but the past eight years have been intolerable. I am appalled at what the Republican party has become and what they have done to the country and constitution I love so dearly. I do not think I can vote to give them another four years to try and "work it out", regardless of the candidate(s). However, I just can't wrap my head around this whole Obama juggernaut. What am I missing? Besides being a good orator I don't see any real substance or logical plans. I read through all of his "issues" on his website and other than protecting Roe V. Wade I don't see any that sound like a good idea.

I guess my question is this... why all the love for Obama? What am I missing? Which of Obama's platform issues is everyone most excited about and why? And please don't just say "change"....no matter who gets elected there is going to be change. To me that is a cop out. Explain what the change is going to be and how it is going to be implemented and I'll listen.

Cheers:D