PDA

View Full Version : One of the funnier things at work this week

abcdefz
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
...so I've got a temp job this month and I'm in a call center.

This guy calls in and starts to give me his order number, and the connection is breaking up, but I think I'm hearing "Y,Y, 3, (something)
(something) (something)."

So I said I couldn't hear him very well, and could he please give the order to me as words, "like Yellow, Yellow, the number three..."

So he said, "Sure. Europe, Europe, three..." :D

In other news, one of the callers is the nephew of one of my best friends from college. It's an unusual last name, and when he said it, I said, "Oh -- I went to school with a guy named R---------," and he asked me what school, etc.

Small world.

mikizee
09-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I've always wanted to go to Yurope

paul jones
09-06-2008, 06:10 PM
John or Steven ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAjzvy94JsM&feature=related

Videodrome
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
my job as a fluffer is great; i get to meet all the stars.

rirv
09-07-2008, 03:43 AM
The worst job I've ever had was in a call center - calling people up and trying to get them to donate to charity. Absolute hell. I can't believe I stuck at it for ten weeks before quitting. The shit you'd sometimes get was unbelievable. Most of it was wrong, but if you tried to tell them the facts they'd tell you where to stick it. And convincing people that giving me their bank details was safe was always a fruitless endeavour. (It is safe by the way - sort code, account number, all I could do is put money into your account.)

roosta
09-07-2008, 04:39 AM
i wanted to write a book about my time in a call centre.

I learned more about human nature working on the phones in that place than I ever have anywhere else.

speaking of small world, I was talking to a caller once and we were talking about how he lives near to the call centre (it was a national covering call centre). i live in a town of 50,000 people and he randomly guessed who my grand-dad was with out any clues as to who i was. said he could here it in my accent or something. it was quite odd.