PDA

View Full Version : omg omg omg so excited!

Dorothy Wood
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I can't believe it!

I'm leaving to go pick out a new kitchen sink for my apartment! the one we have now is porcelain that has been painted with latex paint by some idiot previous tenant and is now peeling in a grotesque way. anyway, I got the go ahead from my landlord to pick out a new one! oh life is sweet today!

and I get to drive a car! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :cool:

fucktopgirl
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Imagine a sink is making your day, hehe.

Me, i have to ride my bike to go to the university to a class on primatology and the evolution of men. I am kinda curious to see what the teacher will spit out.

taquitos
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
nice that they are letting you pick it out, my landlord would totally just buy the cheapest one. or are you paying for it?

either way, very exciting (y)

Dorothy Wood
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I did get the cheapest one, I didn't mean to, it just seemed like the best option. It was on sale at menards for $70, stainless steel, complete with a new faucet, strainers and spray hose. It seems a little too good to be true, but if I wanted to get all that separate, it'd be like $400.

I just asked the plumber what he thought of it and he said it was perfectly fine. hopefully it's okay, my landlord said something about not feeling like I needed to get the cheapest (he's reimbursing me), but I doubt he'd want to spend 400 bucks on top of paying the plumber.

I had a lot of fun looking at sinks! and I bought mums! they are dark burgundy! yeah! errands!

paul jones
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
thanks for spreading the sink-love(y)

Dorothy Wood
09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
okay, I'm not so happy now. I've been waiting around for 4 hours while the plumber does his stuff. I kinda wanted to go grocery shopping and to the laundromat. this is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm soooo bored!

fucktopgirl
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
haha, so your happiness for the sink is going down the drain!!

Dorothy Wood
09-10-2008, 11:59 PM
haha, so your happiness for the sink is going down the drain!!

lol, yup

rirv
09-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Everything but the kitchen sink.

Randetica
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
i actually told my mum that theres a girl on the net who gets wet over a new kitchen sink and mum said she totally understands

maybe IM the weird one

TAL
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
i actually told my mum that theres a girl on the net who gets wet over a new kitchen sink and mum said she totally understands

maybe IM the weird one

We should IM you?

Randetica
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
We should IM you?

perv

taquitos
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
hey, a new sink is pretty exciting. that's a pretty big change.

'specially if you cook.

Dorothy Wood
09-11-2008, 08:18 PM
yeah, it's pretty awesome. especially since I'm getting reimbursed and also because the last sink looked dirty even when it was clean. or like, I'd scrub the crap out of it and try to peel off the paint until it looked reasonably clean, but then a day later, somebody'd pour a cup of old coffee out in it and it'd just soak it up and turn yucky.

the stainless steel doesn't really match the appliances or the late 80's vibe of the disgusting cabinets...but oh well. and actually now that I look, the dishwasher's black, the stove is white (with black accents), and the fridge is almond. ew. ah ha! my microwave is stainless steel! crisis averted.

abcdefz
09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Nice score! (y)