PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else sick of...

jackrock
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Hearing and seeing youtube on television and movies? Or being told to Google a product in a television ad.

Nygel
09-11-2008, 10:47 PM
no

checkyourprez
09-11-2008, 11:12 PM
no

Dorothy Wood
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't think I've ever seen that. or at least in commercials.

I think it's just a thing like kleenex. or how my mom calls maxi pads, kotex. it's like that, but without the x.

jackrock
09-12-2008, 12:07 AM
What's more infuriating is that I can't supply evidence because certain keywords mess with the search. A scene in Pineapple Express comes to mind, though I might be imagining that, or it's in a different movie. American News networks having a "Youtube video of the day". But that is probably more of a case against the mainstream media.

Pres Zount
09-12-2008, 07:38 AM
I know exactly what you mean, Jackrock, and I too am annoyed by it.

I was also annoyed today by a hair that was too long on some man's eyebrow, salted peanuts that I was eating not being salty enough, someone saying "Well... you know" and I didn't, doing a load of washing and then having the washing machine stop halfway, and then I went home.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am a very easily annoyed person, and you probably are too.

mikizee
09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
I was annoyed about looking forward to hitting the gym all day, finished work, got home changed and was halfway driving to the gym before i remembered that they close early on fridays.

I was especially annoyed since this is the 3rd week in a row I have forgotten and driven halfway there.

checkyourprez
09-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I was annoyed about looking forward to hitting the gym all day, finished work, got home changed and was halfway driving to the gym before i remembered that they close early on fridays.

I was especially annoyed since this is the 3rd week in a row I have forgotten and driven halfway there.

I can understand a gym closing early on a sunday, but a friday? For owning a gym they are looking prettaaay prettaaay lazy.

RoryMC
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I once went to the gym and found out I'd left my trainers behind so I just went home.
The next day I went there and found out I'd left my shorts behind.
As it was the same time as the previous day, some of the same people who had been in the changing room were in there again and must have thought I get my jollies from staring at naked men.

Loppfessor
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
No...but I'm sick of hearing the name Bret Favre!

Lex Diamonds
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
There are bigger issues in the world, jack. I use google as a verb anyway, I don't see the beef.

Kid Presentable
09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
A similar thing to jackrock's grief is the annoyance caused to me by TV co-opting youtube and its exploiting of the rise of the internet. We had a show here called 'Friday night download', and three fuckheads hosted 30 minutes that played the funniest/weirdest clips from the internet that week. Fuckheads, I have the internet, I'm zeitgeist down.

There's no value in a bunch of late to the party desperate to be in on the joke fools showing me videos from a superior medium that I've already seen. Why not just use your computer? Do people not have the internet? A Current Affair plays internet clips on occasion, even Andrew Denton (who is a bit of a legend admittedly) played a youtube clip the other day. Fuuuuuuuuuck. Internet is internet, I might watch TV on the internet, not the other way around.

The home should be dominated by the internet. Internet wins when TV starts using it. I love the internet. Internet internet internet.

Bob
09-12-2008, 11:26 PM
i just realized i haven't watched tv or seen a commercial in 2 years

Dorothy Wood
09-12-2008, 11:33 PM
that's fucking creepy as hell dude.

Pres Zount
09-13-2008, 04:20 AM
There's no value in a bunch of late to the party desperate to be in on the joke fools showing me videos from a superior medium that I've already seen. Why not just use your computer? Do people not have the internet? A Current Affair plays internet clips on occasion, even Andrew Denton (who is a bit of a legend admittedly) played a youtube clip the other day. Fuuuuuuuuuck. Internet is internet, I might watch TV on the internet, not the other way around.

That's what annoys me the most. I am waiting for Today Tonight to have a piece entitled Children as Young as Ten Using Facebook to Sell Prescription Medicine to Their Own Parents. Then when they air it, they will have sinister music playing over the top of grainy footage of someone clicking a mouse.

Oh, and another thing, there was a computer in a store a little while ago that had "Myspace/Facebook ready" among it's specifications. What the Earth?

roosta
09-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Hearing and seeing youtube on television and movies? Or being told to Google a product in a television ad.

If the ad for a product requires you to "google" it, rather than give you a web-address, I suspect it is not a very good product.

As for youtube on telly/movies, why not? Its a very popular service, why wouldn't it be mentioned?

mikizee
09-13-2008, 05:57 AM
A similar thing to jackrock's grief is the annoyance caused to me by TV co-opting youtube and its exploiting of the rise of the internet. We had a show here called 'Friday night download', and three fuckheads hosted 30 minutes that played the funniest/weirdest clips from the internet that week. Fuckheads, I have the internet, I'm zeitgeist down.

The home should be dominated by the internet. Internet wins when TV starts using it. I love the internet. Internet internet internet.

I 100% agree with all of this. Especially the bit about the internet.

Lex Diamonds
09-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I 100% agree with all of this. Especially the bit about the internet.
Thanks for the new signature.

Dharma
09-14-2008, 08:06 PM

When your net worth is in the billions due to the public, your pretty much a household name.