PDA

View Full Version : we've forgotten already..

ericlee
09-12-2008, 02:41 AM
there were no threads made of nine one one yesterday. I was about to make one but I got involved in the discussion of where you were when it happened on a different forum.

Adam
09-12-2008, 03:45 AM
I was in a plane over NYC directing rogue aircraft...

...sh!t, said too much already!

camo
09-12-2008, 04:07 AM
ha ha ha ha ha, yeah, that wasn't funny.

mikizee
09-12-2008, 06:35 AM
I was at my mates place smoking bongs in his backyard. We had the radio on but nothing was announced. I drove home and I was fumbling with the keys to the front door and suddenly the door flew open and my bro in law was standing there all wild eyed.

'Fuckin world war three man!!!!!' he said, I'm like whaaa? he points to the plasma telly on the wall and there is CNN footage of the towers collapsing.. I was like WTF??? 'Bin Laden man... I reckon its Bin Laden!!!' he said, then we looked at each other and shrugged and both said 'well... they DID have it coming for a while.'

So we sat down rolled a few spliffs and watched CNN nonstop for the next 20 hours or so. Then I went to bed.

mate_spawn_die
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
school

Praying Mantis
09-12-2008, 06:52 AM
on my honeymoon in St. Lucia. Saw the second plane hit, via cnn, after word spread at breakfast.

jabumbo
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
i was in english class

the principal came over the pa system and was like, "everyone should get back to work and not be watching the tv."

my mom was going nuts because my sister was at school up in NY and no phone calls could get through for a while

AceFace
09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
i was gonna post too, but i'm lame and didn't.

the college had these little tiny flags in the ground all over the place. i took some pics. i'll post them when i stop being lazy and empty my camera.

i watched this thing on History HD last night and it still has me shaken. it was first hand video accounts of what went down. it was very disturbing. i cried when they showed the people jumping.

i wish we had more info on what went on at the pentagon... i feel like those poor people get left out a lot of times and that was so much closer to home for me.

kaiser soze
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I didn't think it was necessary, I'm sure with the heated political debates on here someone would say I it was politicizing 9/11

The Pentagon has unveiled their memorial, I won't share how I feel about it

ericlee
09-12-2008, 08:34 AM
yeah, I don't think its necessary to post a thread about it either. It just seemed odd not to see one here.

Also having the same people that frequent this board, we've probably read each other's stories before.

ericlee
09-12-2008, 08:50 AM

the college had these little tiny flags in the ground all over the place. i took some pics. i'll post them when i stop being lazy and empty my camera.

i watched this thing on History HD last night and it still has me shaken. it was first hand video accounts of what went down. it was very disturbing. i cried when they showed the people jumping.

i wish we had more info on what went on at the pentagon... i feel like those poor people get left out a lot of times and that was so much closer to home for me.

Yeah, I don't like to discuss politics but, it makes perfect sense that planes traveling fast collided into buildings which brought them down.

Then we have the Pentagon and 93. Still trying to make sense of them. Ain't happening yet.

YoungRemy
09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
it doesn't seem cathartic anymore. in the other forums I read they bump the original thread from seven years ago and everyone tells the same story how they were in their kitchen and they heard the news.

b i o n i c
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
its sad.

ms.peachy
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
there were no threads made of nine one one yesterday.

I don't for a minute that means that people have forgotten. For my part, I have no interest in retelling my story of "that day". I no longer get any cathartic value from it. That hardly means I have forgotten. In fact, I was at a conference these past two days near Stansted airport, literally right next to it, and there were planes roaring off over my head every three minutes all bloomin' day. Kind of hard to ignore that reminder.

ericlee
09-12-2008, 01:31 PM
the we've forgottn part wasn't meant seriously. I know nobody forgot.

It was in fact an emotional day for me watching random firemen walk from the bars in their dress uniforms. Some crying, some staggering drunk. I can't imagine what they've went through.

Lex Diamonds
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I was with my ol' pal George Dubya reading some upside down books. (y)

Adam
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I was with my ol' pal George Dubya reading some upside down books. (y)

pop-up?

Lex Diamonds
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Pop down.

cookiepuss
09-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I didn't forget. I just don't have anything more to say about that day.:cool:

BangkokB
09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
CNN has a poll about this subject matter yesterday and the results were around 8 out of 10 people don't celebrate it

So that's encouraging

I wish it would have happened on my wifes birthday so for once I'd remember it

b i o n i c
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM
people in the neighborhood celebrate by putting painted styrofoam rectangles up on their lawns and walk around wearing american flags while waving sparklers about. they're the 2/10

wompwomp

Bjork
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM

I watched the History channel special last night as well, and I thought it was one of the best 9/11 shows I had ever seen.

It was great footage from real people ... Total gorilla style.

I didn't remember it was 9/11 all day until I saw this show at around 10pm.

taquitos
09-13-2008, 02:55 AM
not forgotten. never cared.

Randetica
09-13-2008, 08:15 AM
i tried to watch a 9/11 documentary that day but my eyes been too lazy

DandyFop
09-14-2008, 11:59 PM
*knock knock*

Who's there?

Nine eleven

Nine eleven who?

(in sad voice) You said you'd never forget...

Documad
09-15-2008, 12:11 AM
I noticed on 9/11 that there was no thread here. I was pleased in a funny way because it shouldn't be talked about the way we talk about MGS4 or whatever.

Kid Presentable
09-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I noticed on 9/11 that there was no thread here. I was pleased in a funny way because it shouldn't be talked about the way we talk about MGS4 or whatever.

haha acerbic. (y)

Dharma
09-15-2008, 01:19 AM
people in the neighborhood celebrate by putting painted styrofoam rectangles up on their lawns and walk around wearing american flags while waving sparklers about. they're the 2/10

wompwomp

Celebrated?

Odd and disturbing.

Dorothy Wood
09-15-2008, 01:47 AM
*knock knock*

Who's there?

Nine eleven

Nine eleven who?

(in sad voice) You said you'd never forget...

oh man, I'm so gonna plagiarize that joke.