PDA

View Full Version : going on dates

HotAndWet
09-12-2008, 05:54 PM
is so corny....every time I hear the phrase, "going on a date" I think of danny tanner.
I went out with this really hot guy a few times recently and I realized I was never on a typical one on one "date" before, it's so dorky! In the past, anytime I was involved with a guy we never went on dates, we just hung out together with friends and got to know eachother that way...it's really weird.

Audio.
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
funny... I was just watching Blind Date.

HotAndWet
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
WEIRD

BangkokB
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
In my experience "Going on a Date" means you're attempting to put a Band Aid on a hemorrhage and that you will show that you can present yourself in public w/o people pointing at you

Whereas: We're a couple means you wear a wife beater and jogging pants to any Sunshine All You Can Eat Blaster and eat multiple plates with no Remorse

But once again: Don't listen to me~I'm in Hot Water cutting the Carrots, Celery, Onions, and Good Will

Adam
09-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Yeah, dates are so 90s!

People just 'hang' or 'chill' these days

I'm so cool

don't forget to say 'whatever' a lot

...y'all!

taquitos
09-13-2008, 02:53 AM
datez are ghey (http://www.nutsonline.com/images/items/01029l223.jpg)

Kid Presentable
09-14-2008, 07:34 AM
I never heard the expression so freely until I came to Australia. I used to just hook up with girls at house parties, or yeah hang out with them and stuff. Maybe if there was crew of like 8 or 9 people smoking weed and doing whip-its and shit and magic could happen. Sitting down and talking about things one on one under some lame pretext just seemed like an interview.

russhie
09-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Yeah, it's definitely awkward unless you're doing something, like, being somewhat active.

On the up side, dinner for two is a good indicator as to how well you'll get along.

RobMoney$
09-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I use to tell girls "Why don't you let me cook you dinner sometime?"
That would always impress the hell out of them because they've never had a guy cook them dinner before. It's only something you see in a movie or something.

I called it "The Dinner technique" and it was fail-proof.

monkey
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
this thread makes me sad. it makes me realize i need to find new friends to hang out with or people to take me out on dates :(

paul jones
09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
fuck dates.If you can't get in their pants in the first ten minutes then it's not gonna work

Adam
09-14-2008, 11:18 AM
this thread makes me sad. it makes me realize i need to find new friends to hang out with or people to take me out on dates :(

I found a load of [un-used] condoms after tidying up a bit today. Obviously bought when I last had a girlfriend and I worked out that it was about 21 months ago! Long time to go without sex... I've had dates in between but nothing has come of them. Pfft, I'm depressed now.

Although I have had an incredibly hectic life for the past 2 years.