PDA

View Full Version : Losing your parents...

Adam
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
gah, why the fudge can't I delete...

nothing to see here! Back to the election!

funk63
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Dude whats up man are you kool? Cuz I lost my dad last year, it is tough and I dont really like talking about it but I can understand wanting to share how you feel with others. I kept my feelings bottled up for a long time and did alot of drugs. But Im past all that now.

Adam
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
meh. It was one long whine...

I lost my Dad last year to - gonna lose my mum soon also and my sister has been ill whom currently in hospital for the past month nearly!

I just kinda lost my mind a bit when I posted was all...

The credit crunch is far worse! ;)

NoFenders
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Adam. It's never easy saying goodbye, and a lot of people never get a chance to do that.The important thing to remember is what they wanted you to become/achieve in your life. That's usually just the feeling of being happy. Being true to yourself and making something of your life just about always brings on the happy factor.The circle of life continues. Take pride in the memories, and try to teach others the good they taught you.

:cool:

kaiser soze
09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Even though I didn't get to read your post I have a feeling of how you're feeling

keep your head up

Guy Incognito
09-16-2008, 02:45 AM
I lost my dad two years ago today and all i can say is that it does get easier, keep yer chin up adam

wanton wench
09-16-2008, 10:47 AM
the more you talk about them and remember them the better off you'll be.

it been 16 years since my parents passed.

kaiser soze
09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
true, celebrate life rather than dwell in death

My brother has now been dead longer than he was alive, but his art lives on in my apartment (I'm sorta the curator). A wonderful reminder of the creative genius he was when he was alive.

Fern
09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
My old man died in April while we were on our way to the bar. Just fell over dead. I went downstairs to check the hockey scores and came back up and that was it.

I am completely and utterly heartbroken and I feel that I will never be the same. I tried to save him, but it was too late I guess. Probably never be able to forgive myself for failing. Somedays I do not even want to be alive, and everyday, I ask why couldn't it be me and not him. Still crying myself to sleep every night, it is odd when I drag a random slut home from the bar and cry before sleeping. It's kind of funny in a way...

He was my ace.

I don't have a male relative over 55 yrs old. We were joking around about it on his 55th birthday in March. It turns out that he was dead less than a month later.

(n)

Adam
09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
reason I deleted - or wanted to delete my thread was because I was depressed all day yesterday. And I know so many others go through it but its the loneliest thing in the world even when you have loads of people round you and a great family

Losing my Dad last year, gonna lose my mum very soon (both cancer) and my sister has been very unwell for months and I am very worried about her but baring anything awful she'll survive - she is 26 and was very fit so its a good scenario bar being in hospital...

My mum is 60, my dad was 59 - Kinda annoys they miss retirement. Its not fair but many of us have had to suffer it. After reading my thread it was kinda selfish and you're right about at least having time at the end and its not sudden. I feel bad for those that it is.

I know time helps all this, just crap really. Sorry for being weird (!)

wanton wench
09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
it is crap adam.

its a hard thing to deal with. and everyone deals with it differently. i dont want to be discouraging but time does not heal all. to me time only makes things easier and dulls the pain. i use to be like fern, crying myself to sleep everynight but at some point the pain wont be so fierce and life will get in the way and hopefully you will choose to focus on the good or you'll end up getting trapped in your depression. i did for 8 years. 8 years of feeling like an empty shell with nothing but sorrow. dont do that!! it didnt help me at all. and i'm sure it made my parents feel like shit. i wouldnt want someone to feel that way over me.

right now, only worry about today and tomorrow, worry about tomorrow!

Adam
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah, I know time doesn't heal it - I said it helps it.

wanton wench
09-16-2008, 03:48 PM
i was in your shoes so many years ago (dad had a sudden heart attack, mom was in the hospital with cancer) and nothing anyone said helped.

i wish you all the best :)

Adam
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
. sorry - edit again - another moment of pure stress I now want to delete :)

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Losing your Parents....Never Funny

Unless Toonces, the Cat, was behind the Wheel. Then it's LOLorDAY

Matt
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
. sorry - edit again - another moment of pure stress I now want to delete :)

Don't worry about it. at least no one was a dick to you, like i kind of expected.

this is never an easy thing. I think you know that you can vent here if you need to. (y)

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
I thought I lost my parents...

then they told me years later that they moved...

from me that is....

Still don't know where they live.....

Keep the Christmas Presents coming though.....

Well why not? hey I was thinking since the parents are dead then maybe there is something to this Santa Claus character....

And then (Insert anything here)

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 08:58 PM
7 posts to 2,000 and i want to Drunkenly do it all over this thread

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:02 PM
My dad took me hunting once....

Or as I like to call it my version of "Hansel"

Breadcrumbs? What breadcrumbs?

If you're going "hunting" and you don't have a gun then guess what?
You're the Hunted:mad:

Matt
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
make you own countdown thread. talk about celebrities.

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Lately I've felt like everything was in a rut

My life..

The whole lot...

Sick of it all........

So I was telling this to my therapist and she told me to get out and push....

The car that is------

Which was hard because she was still driving

And the colored girls go Doo Doo Doo Doo Dooo Doo Doo

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:11 PM
So me and my parents were talking...

And that's when I thought there might be something to this Parker Brothers Ouija Board....

And then I asked for $ and the line was disconnected....

Now I know

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:18 PM
have you ever noticed that models aren't really attractive?

No....Well I have

So you don't have to worry about that anymore....

Now you know I'm the one looking at the models to make sure they make it up to our standards.....

And by our I mean mine......

So let's play this song in Reverse...With a kettle and a Drum

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
One to go and when i said that i widdled it down one

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:24 PM
2,000 posts

Archive this...the only joke i stole for the extravaganza.
Finally a Joke that starts and FINISHES with a Priest, a Preacher, and a Rabbi

A priest, a preacher and a Rabbi walked into their favorite bar, where they would get together two or three times a week for drinks and to talk shop.

On this particular afternoon, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it.

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience.

Father Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various bandages, goes first.
"Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, " WELL brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quick DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus."

They both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape.

The rabbi looks up and says, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start."

BangkokB
09-26-2008, 09:44 PM
hey Adam,

I know your pain. I'll tell you 2 truths and 1 lie. A]My Grandfather killed himself B] I am really into one board member C]Alaskan Crab legs hate me