PDA

View Full Version : Going to the pub/club/dive bar with your parents

HEIRESS
09-20-2008, 02:47 AM
can kinda be a blast.

especially if you get to watch them dance with middle-aged abandonment to a local band covering The Beatles "you cant do that"

<3 of my <3's it was a fun night.

Dorothy Wood
09-20-2008, 11:33 AM
the sight of my dear mother mildly drunk and dancing her butt off in las vegas to an R&B cover band at 4 a.m. is one of my most cherished memories!

she kept saying, "check me out, I still got the moves!" I could not stop laughing.

parents dancing to cover bands: (y)

kaiser soze
09-20-2008, 01:31 PM
It just won't happen for me :(

Hell I can't even remember the last time I stepped into a bar!

abcdefz
09-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow. I've never even been in a bar with a sibling, let alone my parents.

Adam
09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow. I've never even been in a bar with a sibling, let alone my parents.

Really? Does your family hate you?

kaiser soze
09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
A couple years ago my sisters and brother went to a bar I was dj'ing at.

It was awesome, my brother kept the tequila shots flowing and my set was sick ( I put in some 80's remixes my sister and bro would know )

That was the only time I've been in a bar with my siblings

BangkokB
09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Both of my parents are teetotalers so that will never happen in my life. But I've more than made up for the lost time carrying the torch they left lonely, sad, and barely lit behind

Adam
09-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I find it hard to believe people don't go drinking with their family!

I'm often in the same place as my siblings! But there is only 18 months between my closest sister (younger than me) tho and my other sisters husband is one of my best friends. We all have Irish in us to and I think that has a lot to do with drinking with your family! There is also two years (older than me) between me and my brother but he is very different than me (nearly a chav) and we don't often go drinking...

Randetica
09-20-2008, 02:56 PM
ive never seen my parents drunk or high and i couldnt never ever imagine having parents like that

russhie
09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Never with my parents. My grandad was an alcoholic so my mum doesn't drink, and I think she truly wants to believe that none of her children drink to excess either.

Can't blame her, she's seen the worst of what alcohol can do.

I do get smashed with my little sister sometimes though - she'd be the only one.

Waus
09-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Really? Does your family hate you?

Don't go there.

funk63
09-21-2008, 01:39 AM
I cant seem to wrap my head around this whole concept of enjoying your parents company.

Matt
09-21-2008, 02:34 AM
Once the divorce is final, my sister and i are taking my mom out and gettin crunk, mothafucka.

the kids still say "crunk", right?

ET
09-21-2008, 02:36 AM
I find it difficult to drink in front of any family member. And about 40% of them are alcoholics. It's funny to think about. I have consumed more beer in front of them before the age of 6 than after it. 3 sips total. Damn.

BangkokB
09-21-2008, 11:05 AM
"crunk"

I think I'm older than you bc when I was in my 20's~ Crunk meant coke in any form shape or fashion. Crunk joint was a joint laced w/ either crack or blow: Puff and you'd find out.

But I lived in a hood where my roommate and I were the only white people in the complex

sjp
09-22-2008, 01:06 AM
used to go once a week with my dad, talk and get fucked up it was fun.

Matt
09-22-2008, 01:11 AM
I think I'm older than you bc when I was in my 20's~ Crunk meant coke in any form shape or fashion. Crunk joint was a joint laced w/ either crack or blow: Puff and you'd find out.

But I lived in a hood where my roommate and I were the only white people in the complex

Wow. Thats a much more awesome definition than the one I know.

I'm 22, so crunk to me means to get Crazy Drunk (y)

MC Moot
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
When I go back to the old country my pops and I specifically seek out the dark nooks of Southern Spain…particularily the “los locals permitieron solamente” or mens social “clubs”…tiny little holes in the wall,just a bar and maybe a dozen stools…there you find the wickedest flavours’ of people…some are just for tradesman, some are split by which football club you pull for…most are just so locals can drink without having to put up with the touristas….oh and truck stop tapas bars a a riot with the drivers and their custom painted trucks with ornamentation,crucifix’s,religious icons and big breasted vixens…the more garbage on the floor the better the bar…(y)