PDA

View Full Version : 125cc bikes

Adam
09-21-2008, 04:08 AM
I want a 125 bike again - its been about 10 years since I've ridden one or even looked (my last one go nicked).

Any1 have any good sites or what is new or good these days? I've been looking but there is nothing with much information without joining a owners club or paying a subscription. I'll even consider a twist and go. I'm just out of the loop of what is good now.

**reason why 125cc and not higher**
in the UK you have to ride a 125cc on a CBT before you can get a full license which'd take a couple of years so don't bother (unless you really want to) saying 'omg, 125's are for nubs, get 800 XTIOSHOBVIVBF..." like most sites seem to say - which are obviously non-UK sites :-)

fanks

Yorkshire~Rose
09-21-2008, 06:56 AM
I know absolutely nothing about motorbikes but i thought i'd share the following:

I've never been on the back of a motorbike
I think people wearing motorbike helmets look hot

Is a 125cc one of those annoying hair dryer sounding ones that zip along the roads at all hours near my house?

Adam
09-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I think people wearing motorbike helmets look hot

wait, what?!?! So if their fat arse is hanging out over the back and they are wearing a helmet they are still hot? Or you fancy people you can't see?

Is a 125cc one of those annoying hair dryer sounding ones that zip along the roads at all hours near my house?

More probably 50cc as chavs can't handle much more but yes, maybe 125cc to

Yorkshire~Rose
09-21-2008, 07:21 AM
wait, what?!?! So if their fat arse is hanging out over the back and they are wearing a helmet they are still hot? Or you fancy people you can't see?

Ooooh noooooooooooooooooooo!! Not hot. Not hot.

I think it's the can't see what's underneath thing. 9.9/10 i am disappointed though.

Tzar
09-21-2008, 10:56 AM
i went bike riding for the first time on the weekend. yeawh!

first bike i rode was my mate's 125. it's a little dirt bike but i cramped up so hard on it. it really is tiny. i then rode my mate's 450 quad, that thing was awesome. i think i'm turned hey.

Nygel
09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
More probably 50cc as chavs can't handle much more but yes, maybe 125cc to

I'm getting a 50cc scooter you son of a bitch!

but i need a motor cycle license to get anything more... and its not worth it unless i was getting a real motorcycle, which is a bitch cuz i am under 25 and have a penis... fucking insurance.

Adam
09-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I had a 50cc when I was 18 and and I've had a 125 while I was under 25.

Seriously tho - from what I do know about owing 50cc's they are great and cheap to run and easy to ride and it'll probably be a two stroke engine so they smell great but getting a non-fashionable 125cc, like a yamaha you'll love it more for the ride and the insurance will be about the same if not less as they are far less nickable!

two stroke oil is too expensive for what it is atm to and with some 50cc's you have to mix it yourself and can be a art getting the right balance.

Nygel
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
mine is a 4 stroke actually. and i'd have to get a motorcycle someting (not license... like... endrosement?) which i'd need to take a test for to get, then i'd have to get a driver's license from THIS state to get an endorsement on it, then i'd have to take another test and... well, its just not worth it at the moment. I'm only going to have it for a little under 2 years. I'll be grabbing a real motorcycle once i graduate from college.

taquitos
09-22-2008, 01:09 AM
there are only 50, 100, 150 and mirror. pffft.

shows what you know about bikes.

Adam
09-22-2008, 02:02 AM
there are only 50, 100, 150 and mirror. pffft.

shows what you know about bikes.

huh?

Adam
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Been doing my research

Hyosung RT125D - http://www.hyosung.co.uk/detail.php?id=13
http://www.hyosung.co.uk/images/rt125d/medium.jpg ~ pic

Yamaha YBR125 Custom - http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/motorcycles/125cc/ybr125-custom.jsp
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/Images/2008-YBR125-custom-action-01_prv_tcm46-208650.jpg ~ pic

I think these two are my favourites. I prefer the look of the hyosung and its cheaper and more powerful but the reviews aren't as good (but only by slightly but there is less of them to. The Yamaha is £100 more and is slower but obviously the yamaha name should mean quality & reliability and apparently its the biggest selling bike in Europe (I think taquitos was on about they don't have 125's in the US or something ? 125s are big business here in europe and there is quite a large racing community in it to).

So anyway, if you feel so inclined, click on the links and tell me which you prefer the look of and any extra input would be nice. Or if you was to fuck a motorbike rider only on the style of bike they had, which one would you choose first? ;-)