PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin 2012?

DroppinScience
10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't know whether it's pundits and commentators trying to think of new things to discuss, but I'm already noticing a buzz of speculation that if McCain does indeed lose this election that Palin right now is trying to set herself up as the GOP nominee for 2012. Why? Because she's already contradicting the McCain campaign in some key areas that are more Republican base-friendly than McCain's own positions (e.g. McCain is against a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, Palin says she is for the amendment).

An interesting speculation. I doubt whether she'd have credibility to be a frontrunner for 2012, though. Who knows if it'll hold weight. Lots can go down in 4 years.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/10/22/is-palin-making-plans.aspx

jennyb
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh god please no... :(

Randetica
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
she makes feminists throw the towel

kaiser soze
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Please god no!!

This country is not a kindergarten!

Laver1969
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I predict she'll disappear back to Alaska. We won't hear from her for a couple of years.

kaiser soze
10-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a feeling she won't be governor of Alaska next term, this wouldn't bode well for running for president

Burnout18
10-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I have a feeling she won't be governor of Alaska next term, this wouldn't bode well for running for president

that would be perfect

travesty
10-24-2008, 11:05 AM
History proves that neither party is particularly "kind" to candidates who have had a shot at the White House and blown it. That's why I don't think it bodes well for Hillary's future either. I will be saving some McCain/Palin bumper stickers and buttons though as they will surely amuse the kids in a few decades much as the Nixon/Agnew stickers amuse me now.:)

kaiser soze
10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
4 years from now will be an extremely crucial moment for her son's development. It would be very anti- family values of her to pay little attention to him and more towards power.

But I wouldn't be surprised if she tried...she's a vampire

yeahwho
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I think she has actually formed an audience of sorts and enough of a base of followers that are looking for a narrow-minded America that she can sell and shill for corporate America's niche, dumbshits.

She's going to go the road of Ann Coulter and get a lucrative contract with Fox News, she may even turn blond.

Sarah Palin has 0 chance of becoming president, I wouldn't have said this yesterday, but today after watching McCain's campaign turn into a parody of an attack campaign I'm sure of it.

McCain either wants to lose, become a joke or likes spending multi-millions of dollars on hate.

The future President of the United States shouldn't behave like a fucking paranoid fringe lunatic bigot.

kaiser soze
10-24-2008, 08:02 PM
The future President of the United States shouldn't behave like a fucking paranoid fringe lunatic bigot.

Haven't thousands of our men and women and hundreds of thousands of innocent people died in Iraq and Afghanistan to fight this very type of individual?

:mad:

Yeti
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
I saw the Katie Couric interview when Palin said that she read ALL the magazines. I have heard the media ask--- if she can balance her family life while holding the position of Vice President. I don't think she will have the time if she is reading all the magazines. I mean she has to read stuff like Cat Fancy, Guitar World, Playboy, Penthouse and on and on. Some of these magazines come out once a week. I just do not think she can do it.

yeahwho
10-25-2008, 03:00 AM
It just never ends the obviousness and overtness of Sarah Palin's abuse as a public servant. From the October 25th LATimes;

Palin appointed friends and donors to key posts in Alaska, records show (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-na-palinrecords24-2008oct24,0,7306906.story)

100-plus jobs went to campaign donors or their relatives, sometimes without apparent regard to qualifications. Several donors got state-subsidized loans for business ventures of dubious public value.
Just a few months back everyone was up in arms over a $400 haircut. This shit is unbelievable, yet there it is thrown in our faces daily.

kaiser soze
10-25-2008, 10:02 AM
ahh the hypocrisy of $$$

She's an elitist and her mindless followers still bite at her "Joe sixpack I'm middle class" bullshit.