PDA

View Full Version : I'm really going to miss this US election race

easy 3
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I know it's been a bit more nerve-racking for people in the US and everyone's pretty sick of all the coverage and hype but damn I'm really going to miss this election race when it's over.

It's been nothing if not entertaining to say the least.

I'd also like to just say a big thanks to all the people that have been posting away furiously on the general political discussion board for the past six months or more - it's been absolutely fascinating and in some ways reassuring to see how politically engaged people are - I've read some really intelligent and well educated opinions (regardless of whether or not I've agreed with them all) and have learnt a lot about America, it's people and politics - from a freaking Beastie Boys meassage board!?

Thanks again.

Randetica
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
eat it!

easy 3
11-05-2008, 08:55 AM
eat it!

Great track - I haven't seen any Weird Al for a while.

I wonder who he voted for?

paul jones
11-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Great track - I haven't seen any Weird Al for a while.

I wonder who he voted for?

last thing he did was the 'White and Nerdy' song yeah?

I'm not sure who he voted for,maybe he has a site...

I'll have a look later cos I need to go shopping for food but you can google it if you like.(y)

skra75
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Not me, I'm sick and tired of all of it. It's getting really annoying and I wonder what alot of these so-called "activists" are going to do now that they don't have anything to focus their hippie attention on. I'm super glad Obama won and happy I don't have to watch commercials or hear Bill Ayers name anymore.

ET
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm glad we could be of service. I feel the best way to gauge what people in another country are really thinking is talking to a citizen and not focusing on newscasts.

On that note, I am so glad I never have to listen to Sarah Palin speak again in my life.

Matt
11-06-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm going to miss it. I've become a news junkie. I never bloged, never participated in the political forum (although Droppin is my new hero because of his posts). I'm more like a sponge, soaking up news like it was life-giving water.

ET: Didn't you hear? She's gonna run again in 2009!