PDA

View Full Version : The Marines...Looking for a few good monsters

kaiser soze
11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I am convinced that standards have dropped since the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have taken their toll on recruitment. The code of honor, discipline, respect, rationality, constraint, and criminal records have been thrown out the window. Recruiters are picking up racists, gangbangers, criminals, religious zealots....our military is turning into a cesspool of lost sensibilities.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/11/05/2008-11-05_brooklyn_marine_sergeant__wife_tortured_-2.html

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.

I hope the killers receive a swift judgment UCMJ style.

Echewta
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't say this is proof of lowered standards. I'm sure you can comb through history and find horrible things "friendly" soldiers have done to other soldiers, regardless of the standards that were set.
Being in the military doesn't necessarily encourage passion, patience, and understanding. You are being taught to kill. While most understand that responsibility, I can see how some can go bezerk. Even a group of 4 against their commanding officer.