PDA

View Full Version : Esteemed gift-giving and gift-getting boardmembers across the globe..

Kid Presentable
11-10-2008, 05:07 AM
The 'By Gift or Purchase' thread has in the past inspired me to get some sick shit for the Mrs for Chrimbo, and I appreciate it. You peoples are some of the slickest consumers out there. Among other things, I got her some cosmetical shit and The Time Travellers Wife (which she faaaarking loved) based on what I'd seen in that thread.

I'm essentially trying to circumvent trawling through that thread, however, and instead will be directly asking for some suggestions for what's hot in gifts for lady-loves this year. And I invite you all to share suggestions, for the benefit of each other. I guess this could be a gift suggestion thread (for this year only; DDD's 'wants' thread will survive a nuclear strike, this one won't), what you're thinking about buying people at the end of the year or something.

Cheers.

Matt
11-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Get her a dildo in the shape of your dick. They sell kits for this.

camo
11-10-2008, 05:45 AM
I have my girls birthday this friday and she’s pretty easy to buy for becuase she’s good at dropping hints and well I could basically buy her anything as long as it’s pink!

So I was out shopping in Leeds this weekend and I got her:

A little pink Samsung Digi cam, The Nightmare Before Christmas on Blu Ray, Nina Ricci perfume, an Alphabeat CD (lol), Ipod shuffle (in pink of course) and The Sex and The City boxset (zavvi have it at half price).

I hope I did good.

russhie
11-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Every year I spend out of home, the more I appreciate spending time with the fam at Christmas. Carols by Candlelight makes me homesick as fuck (even after 5 years out of home) so this year the housemates and I are going to get blizted at a local club on Christmas Eve, Bartas is playing and he did a good job last time.

Anyway, gifts. I'm sure your lady ain't as superficial, bimbo-esque and preoccupied with labels as I, but this is the crap I'm angling for this Chrissy.

I want a new leather bag from Tilkah. Pretty much anything from Mecca Cosmetica. I'd like a facial. Cara Leigh sandals. Missoni Aqua. Clothes - Ksubi cutoffs, Anna & Boy bodysuit, American Apparel shortyshorts, Superfine jeans, god the list goes on! If I find a rich fool to couple up with before Chrissy - Miu Miu or Burberry Prorsum heels. I'd sell my soul for a another pair of stacked heels!

Edit: Camo, you seem like a pretty generous boyfriend. I'm jealous.
Edit #2: If I get a graduate job before Christmas, I'm buying a Prada bag as a present to myself. I deserve it.

Lex Diamonds
11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Camo, what are you doing? One gift's enough. Save some money for your other bitches!

Kid Presentable
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Camo, what are you doing? One gift's enough. Save some money for your other bitches!

Yeah camo, Padster wants a bath bomb and a pair of heels.

camo
11-10-2008, 10:20 AM

I did save money. I murdered them all.

na§tee
11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
i don't know how much graduate jobs pay in australia but you'd be hard pushed to buy a decent bit of prada swag on one month's pay here, yikes!

i did spend about £1300 on myself once. which is less than a month's wage but, you know, rent and shit, man! i saved up for the best part of a year.

kid p. ooh. i loved time traveller's wife. the movie will be coming out soon. tell her about that.

we need to know more about your wife. there are a lot of fantastic and widely varied laydeez out there. for example, camo does seem very generous (i typed dangerous initially.. is this a freudian slip or nay? hmm) but i'd hate all that stuff, soz : ( so.. what does your wife DIG? give us general areas.

camo
11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
for example, camo does seem very generous (i typed dangerous initially.. is this a freudian slip or nay? hmm) but i'd hate all that stuff, soz : (

ha ha charming. It was a conscious decision this year to get a lot of little things rather than one big present. Plus I also thought I'd done well by carefully taking note of what she's mentioned throughout the year!

The ipod was bought earlier this year though, she was mugged by three guys (spineless twats) and had hers broken in the attack.

Yorkshire~Rose
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Camo's girlie is indeed very lucky to have such a generous boyfriend. I hope she appreciates you :)
I've never got a lot for my birthday. 20 days before christmas, it's almost in the "joint bday/christmas" present domain *gets violin out*

russhie
11-10-2008, 11:16 AM
i don't know how much graduate jobs pay in australia but you'd be hard pushed to buy a decent bit of prada swag on one month's pay here, yikes!

haha, yeah, it's not like I'll be able to afford one properly, it'll just give me the means to lobby for an increase on my credit limit and then pay that shit off.

I've had a super hard year. I deserve it, I think.

camo
11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Camo's girlie is indeed very lucky to have such a generous boyfriend. I hope she appreciates you :)
I've never got a lot for my birthday. 20 days before christmas, it's almost in the "joint bday/christmas" present domain *gets violin out*

Yeah, she loves it, besides it's all reciprocated too (y)

na§tee
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
don't get your panties in a twist mark-oh, i said i personally wouldn't like it, but if it floats her boat, more power to 'er! (y) i was just using it as an example as to how us wimmin prefer different things. for example, you can keep that pink ipod and get me an xbox 360 with lego indiana jones, ta ;)

russhie - fuckit, just go for it. sometimes impulse buys like that are all there is for it. and there is no better excuse than graduating and finally entering the world of full-time employment. pick out your object of desire and promote much lust! (which one did you have in mind btw? links plz..)

HEIRESS
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I have never dated anyone with money.
momma buys her own presents. always.

camo
11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
don't get your panties in a twist mark-oh, i said i personally wouldn't like it, but if it floats her boat, more power to 'er! (y) i was just using it as an example as to how us wimmin prefer different things. for example, you can keep that pink ipod and get me an xbox 360 with lego indiana jones, ta ;)

ahhh tis ok clairey, I wasn't showing my arse, I was just adding why I'd bought all of that. I'm hoping that she's gonna like the 'range'.

I just didn't want to spend it all on a pair of shoes she'll wear twice at the most lol!

hpdrifter
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I thought camo and girlfriend broke up?

Haha, now your post makes no sense!

Freebasser
11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Ahahaha...

...camp!

Kid Presentable
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Literature
Films
TV shows
(Some) Cosmetics (has to be the good shit)
House Stuff (we're building a house, I wanted to get her some kind of kick ass ornament - plaster cast cocks might be the go)
Shoes (quite popular I hear - not a heels lady)
Other stuff

camo
11-11-2008, 04:20 AM
I thought camo and girlfriend broke up?

Haha, now your post makes no sense!

We did, but we worked it out.

paul jones
11-11-2008, 06:22 PM
The 'By Gift or Purchase' thread has in the past inspired me to get some sick shit for the Mrs for Chrimbo, and I appreciate it. You peoples are some of the slickest consumers out there. Among other things, I got her some cosmetical shit and The Time Travellers Wife (which she faaaarking loved) based on what I'd seen in that thread.

I'm essentially trying to circumvent trawling through that thread, however, and instead will be directly asking for some suggestions for what's hot in gifts for lady-loves this year. And I invite you all to share suggestions, for the benefit of each other. I guess this could be a gift suggestion thread (for this year only; DDD's 'wants' thread will survive a nuclear strike, this one won't), what you're thinking about buying people at the end of the year or something.

Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-serial-killer-badges-manson-dahmer-gein-punk-goth-emo_W0QQitemZ320316897718QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 20316897718&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

(y)