PDA

View Full Version : i solved the state budget crisis!

Bob
11-15-2008, 02:15 AM
i recently completed an internship at the state department of revenue (the massachusetts equivalent of the IRS basically) and one of the cases i worked on was a sham transaction case involving over $100 million of tax dollars. deval patrick even referred to it specifically. in a press conference about the state budget, he mentioned $100 million of anticipated collections from the department of revenue, and i worked on the case involving that $100 million!

we're apparently negotiating a settlement agreement in regards to that case, and yeah, i'm pretty sure it's totally my work that convinced them to want to settle. and if they don't settle, i'm 100% confident that it's my work that's going to win that case.

well alright, technically i only did some research that any asshole could have done, but i was that asshole! i did the bitch work that won the case! how cool is that?

i can't believe that nobody wants to hire me. i'm not even out of law school yet and already i have a published opinion and a nod from the governor (not that he realized it) under my belt. but i don't go to harvard, so nobody gives a fuck

paul jones
11-15-2008, 02:20 AM
thanks bob(y)

Bob
11-15-2008, 02:25 AM
thanks bob(y)

well it doesn't help you technically

paul jones
11-15-2008, 02:29 AM
well it doesn't help you technically

that's correct but I'm just saying good work(y)

jabumbo
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
yeah, go back to your shitty low budget law school you plebe!

camo
11-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much Bob, you're one of the good ones.

Randetica
11-15-2008, 06:26 PM
did it get you laid?

befsquire
11-15-2008, 11:38 PM
expand your search, bob. i hear orlando is nice.

Bob
11-16-2008, 02:05 AM

yeah but then i'd have to live in florida

unless you're actually being serious about there being jobs there in which case you should definitely drop my name because i have no network up here

edit: tell them i can solve their budget crisis, i assume they have one too

skra75
11-18-2008, 10:45 PM
bob that's bitchin.
nah man I'm proud of you.
mark my words - you will be rich soon and knee deep in hot nubile interns

when you are filthy rich will you please send me a restored silver 1979 nissan z28 with a red leather interior? for real I live close and that would be pretty awesome if you gave me a gift haha

Bob
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM

so i recently saw a job posting for the miami-dade public defender's office but they want candidates with so much experience! they require you to have either an externship or a clinic or something that has you experiencing high-pressure client representation. i don't have anything close to that.

i mean i guess i can understand, they can only hire so many people (fewer now, with the budget crisis that i assume they have and i promise i can solve if you just make them hire me), and they want to make sure they hire people who don't suck, but still. all that for $47,500 (which is like a million dollars in public defender money, as i understand it).