PDA

View Full Version : mixed signals

Dorothy Wood
11-25-2008, 01:13 AM
so, yes, this is a thread about a boy, lol. we'll name him Jack. I've had an off and on crush on the dude, he's a friend of mine, I see him regularly and we've become closer over the past few months. anyway, there are other girls into him as well, even though he's a nerd and not even that hot. but he and I have a certain...chemistry, I guess. we text each other semi-regularly, we joke around, he laughs at practically everything I say even when it's not that funny, etc.

last friday, he tagged along with me and cordo to some shows and made sure to always be next to me and cord even said she felt like a 3rd wheel, and that he seemed to be into me. blah. and then, on saturday night, our friend was DJing, and he showed up alone and was always looking at me, and we chatted for a long time, and decided to go to a party with some other kids. but before it was time to leave, he was sitting with a girl and they fucking exchanged numbers! and I was so pissed off. all my girlfriends were also pissed. he followed me to the party anyway, and it was dead, so we didn't even go in and then he was like, "okay, I'm gonna go home" and I was like, "k, bye" :rolleyes:

then I went back to where my other friends were and officially announced that I was giving up on him. although, I think I was being a little dramatic.

ANYWAY. so, tonight, we have our thingy that we're both a part of, and he was being flirty, but still went over and chatted with this girl I hate for a long while. (I heard their conversation though, and it sounded painful, because she is dumb and boring). and then we got a ride home in the same car and he kept being like, dorothy this, dorothy that, talking about my hair and saying we should fight. like physically, fight. I told him I could kick his ass, etc. etc., and he was like, "no really, we should wrestle". WTF?

so, what is this kid's problem? I want to stop flirting with him, but it's impossible. I was honestly making an effort not to flirt with him, but it just happens. I'm thinking I should give up for real, but then again, I kind of want to see if I can get in his pants. GAHHHH. I've never had this much difficulty getting in a dude's pants.

pls. halp.

Tone Capone
11-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Why don't you give the guy a break and make a move on him? I mean, it's sounds like either he can't figure out how to close the deal with you (I mean, he IS a nerd) or maybe you aren't flirting as hard as you think.

Dorothy Wood
11-25-2008, 01:29 AM
okay, what kind of move? so far we high five and shake hands a lot, we've graduated to hugging and shoulder punches. sometimes I kick him in his butt. should I invite him to do something? put roofies in his gingerale?

what do I do?!

Tone Capone
11-25-2008, 01:35 AM
...so far we high five and shake hands a lot, we've graduated to hugging and shoulder punches. sometimes I kick him in his butt...

Well there's your problem. You're not flirting, you're treating him like a pal.
You gotta hit the dance floor and back that ass up (y):p

taquitos
11-25-2008, 02:07 AM
just give him "the eye"

paul jones
11-25-2008, 04:04 AM
just give him "the eye"

the 'EYE' of the tiger ?

mikizee
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
When I clicked on this thread I really thought there would be at least 2 GAAHHHS.

kaiser soze
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
maybe you should like do him already....

or at least give him the ol' brown eye

I once was crazy crushing on this girl for 3 years and she and I did tons of shit together, we were basically a couple without the really good stuff. When I hooked up with someone else I didn't tell her and she said she was hurt. She eventually told me she thought we would hook up someday.....I was so buggered with the fact she didn't share her feelings with me sooner.

Caribou
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Damnit Dottie, I think I'm becoming you in the boy-department...

Ok, maybe not really, but I know EXACTLY what you mean in this case.
I'm also still confused about a good friend of mine, I even told my best friend that I was SO done with him and that the fancying was just OVER as he keeps hooking up with these really stupid girls and can act like a bit of an ass. But then he also sends me text messages all the time, asking how I am and saying that we really must party again sometime because it's been a month blahblah, and then he went with me to some gig and it was mucho fun and he was really sweet and now I realise the crush isn't over yet. GAAAAAHH! ;)

Anyway, I told him he sometimes acts like a cruel ass, but he said he really doesn't mean it like that and that I can be a total meanie too. I hope he'll realise we're a good match. Grrr.

Meh, boys are stoopid. :mad:

Dorothy Wood
11-25-2008, 11:28 AM
okay guys, thanks for making fun of me, but I would really like to know what my plan of action should be. it would be nice to hear some real ideas from the male perspective. buttheads!

caribou, so your guy maybe kind of knows that you like him? you know, if you're telling him he's being cruel?

taquitos
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
be straight up with him...

something along the lines of; "sup sweet thing, why don't you drive on down
to knoxville so I can buy you a beer and tap that ass"

then raise one eyebrow, nod and smile.

Dorothy Wood
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
oh my :o

;)

*buys car*

Caribou
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
caribou, so your guy maybe kind of knows that you like him? you know, if you're telling him he's being cruel?

Naah, we were talking about that because he has a sense of humour most people don't get, and some people at a party were offended and a girl he really liked was angry at him, so I told him he should be careful with the mean comments.
I don't know if he knows that I like him 'in that way'. He probably just sees me as one of the guys.

@ taquitos: Damn, thats smooth. I'll be trying that one. :cool:

b i o n i c
11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
"no really, we should wrestle". WTF?

this is obviously his way of saying he's got bonerz for you. quit beating around the vagina already. bang or bounce(y)

Echewta
11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
One time I was walking with a friend girl and said outloud, "I've been waiting, for a girl like you. To come into my life." And she was like all OMG THATS AWESOME and I had to apologize because I was just singing some Foreigner.
She never spoke to me again. Sometimes when its raining, I wonder what she is doing. Maybe she's looking out the rainy window at her place waiting, yea waiting.

b i o n i c
11-26-2008, 12:41 PM
lol

wanton wench
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
this is why life is not a musical.

paul jones
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
One time I was walking with a friend girl and said outloud, "I've been waiting, for a girl like you. To come into my life." And she was like all OMG THATS AWESOME and I had to apologize because I was just singing some Foreigner.
She never spoke to me again. Sometimes when its raining, I wonder what she is doing. Maybe she's looking out the rainy window at her place waiting, yea waiting.

it's ok.She turned into a fat slob with a retard for a kid and she stinks of tuna,maybe(y)

Echewta
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Paul, just when I think the day can't get any sunnier, you go supernova.

Caribou
11-26-2008, 06:12 PM

Was she working as a waitress at a cocktail bar when she met you?

HotAndWet
11-26-2008, 06:18 PM

That is so sad!

Echewta
11-26-2008, 07:09 PM
No worries. She used my body then she wanted my soul. So, I had to say "forget about it, no go." :(

Lyman Zerga
11-26-2008, 11:28 PM
That is so sad!

yes i know! i mean who the fuck listens to foreigner?

mathcart
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Was she working as a waitress at a cocktail bar when she met you?

That much is true...

Fern
12-01-2008, 08:26 AM
so, yes, this is a thread about a boy, lol. we'll name him Jack. I've had an off and on crush on the dude, he's a friend of mine, I see him regularly and we've become closer over the past few months. anyway, there are other girls into him as well, even though he's a nerd and not even that hot. but he and I have a certain...chemistry, I guess. we text each other semi-regularly, we joke around, he laughs at practically everything I say even when it's not that funny, etc.

last friday, he tagged along with me and cordo to some shows and made sure to always be next to me and cord even said she felt like a 3rd wheel, and that he seemed to be into me. blah. and then, on saturday night, our friend was DJing, and he showed up alone and was always looking at me, and we chatted for a long time, and decided to go to a party with some other kids. but before it was time to leave, he was sitting with a girl and they fucking exchanged numbers! and I was so pissed off. all my girlfriends were also pissed. he followed me to the party anyway, and it was dead, so we didn't even go in and then he was like, "okay, I'm gonna go home" and I was like, "k, bye" :rolleyes:

then I went back to where my other friends were and officially announced that I was giving up on him. although, I think I was being a little dramatic.

ANYWAY. so, tonight, we have our thingy that we're both a part of, and he was being flirty, but still went over and chatted with this girl I hate for a long while. (I heard their conversation though, and it sounded painful, because she is dumb and boring). and then we got a ride home in the same car and he kept being like, dorothy this, dorothy that, talking about my hair and saying we should fight. like physically, fight. I told him I could kick his ass, etc. etc., and he was like, "no really, we should wrestle". WTF?

so, what is this kid's problem? I want to stop flirting with him, but it's impossible. I was honestly making an effort not to flirt with him, but it just happens. I'm thinking I should give up for real, but then again, I kind of want to see if I can get in his pants. GAHHHH. I've never had this much difficulty getting in a dude's pants.

pls. halp.

The kid sounds like a queer. I would have been in your trousers already....

Tone Capone
12-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Seriously... give him a push in the right direction. Have him come over after midnight.

Dorothy Wood
12-03-2008, 06:50 PM
gah! he just texted me and invited me to have dinner with him before this thing we have to do tonight, but I don't have time. god damn it! the world is against me! :mad::mad::mad: