PDA

View Full Version : Interview Attire

Rock
11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I haven't been working since the beginning of September. But with rent here in Colorado and a Mortgage in Virginia still, I'm trying to find some part time work and trying to avoid the cubicle life.
I'm trying to get a job at a chain of snowboard shops here in Colorado and am not sure what to wear to the interview. A suit is what I've been used to interviewing in but I feel like thats overkill at a snowboard shop and I'm just trying to work in the back fixing up beat up boards and getting them ready for riding.
Nice khakis and a collared shirt? Dockers and a button down collared shirt? hmmm? hmmmm?

DIGI
11-26-2008, 04:39 PM
khakis and a patagonia sweater. they'll love you.

MC Moot
11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
hmmmmm...sure khakis,even cargo's with a casual dress shirt,4 buttons down, and a solid colored T underneath,no logo's,and boots...sweet boots not dress shoes...boarders love boots...go get'em champ!...(y)

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/adidas_sweater.jpg

NoFenders
11-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Having worked at many a snowboard facility, I can say that as long as you say you'll show up for work on time and sober, you'll get the job no matter how you dress.

Jeans and a button down is more than fine. I'd probably go with jeans and a hoodie.

What town you workin in?? I lived in Breck for a while.

:cool:

kll
11-27-2008, 12:17 AM
being a resident of Lake Tahoe for almost 8 years made us weary of anyone wearing a suit or tie, so anything like khakis and a collared shirt of some kind will be fine. the showing up sober comment is great if you're 18, but i know you are looking for more respect than the stoner kid melting wax in the back room. or not, but still you're too old to be the stoner kid - they'll think you're retarded or something. khakis and collared shirt.

mikizee
11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Ahhhh good ol Rock.

Just today I was wondering where you had got to.

Yeah some sort of cool button down shirt and some shorts and or pants. Don't forget some shoes.

And a smile.