PDA

View Full Version : do you think it would be morally incorrect...

Bob
11-30-2008, 01:44 AM
...to pretend to be a gay immigrant to get a job? because law firms love gays and immigrants almost as much as they love african americans and harvard grads (and if you're an african american harvard grad, well...i don't think i need to tell you what doors are open to you) and i think i can pretend to be those two things fairly convincingly. i just need to figure out which country i can pretend to be from. it needs to be a country that speaks a language that nobody's ever heard of. something eastern european i'm thinking. someone told me i looked slavic once. she was pretty drunk though, i don't think she actually knew what slavic meant.

and as for the gay thing, well, my biggest risk would be somebody seeing me with a woman, which is a minor risk at best, so i'd probably get away with it, right?

yeahwho
11-30-2008, 03:20 AM
...to pretend to be a gay immigrant to get a job? because law firms love gays and immigrants almost as much as they love african americans and harvard grads (and if you're an african american harvard grad, well...i don't think i need to tell you what doors are open to you) and i think i can pretend to be those two things fairly convincingly. i just need to figure out which country i can pretend to be from. it needs to be a country that speaks a language that nobody's ever heard of. something eastern european i'm thinking. someone told me i looked slavic once. she was pretty drunk though, i don't think she actually knew what slavic meant.

and as for the gay thing, well, my biggest risk would be somebody seeing me with a woman, which is a minor risk at best, so i'd probably get away with it, right?

...pretend? huh?

funk63
11-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Say your from Moldova, its up there around Romania and Ukraine. Most people havnt heard of it so they arent gonna question.

b i o n i c
11-30-2008, 04:59 AM
maybe start wearing more purple, maroon and beige, always wear a whistle around your neck and go as a lesbian slav. problems solved

Bob
11-30-2008, 05:18 AM
i think i'm going to say i'm from montenegro. nobody will question me because to do so would require one to use the word "negro" and that makes lawyers uncomfortable

roosta
11-30-2008, 05:41 AM
hey, ___________________ (insert non-american board member you want to insult), at least you know you could walk into a good job if you went to the U.S.

you can have that one for free.

Nygel
11-30-2008, 12:10 PM
can they figure out if youre an immigrant?

and...

morals?

abcdefz
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking that one of the last employers I would want to fuck with would be lawyers.