View Full Version : Children = Satan

Caribou
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I have proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxzIamlzoA

In 1:17 Lucifer shows her real self.

b i o n i c
11-30-2008, 01:09 PM
they need to be lined up, parents first, and slapped with one giant hand.

ms.peachy
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Awww. They're just normal tweenies battling their first wave of hormones. Girls that age are loopy. (So are boys of course, but in a different way, one that seems to mostly centre around being rather smelly and hitting eachother.) I remember at that age I had a HUGE battle with my best friend because some friend of mine didn't say hi to some friend of hers in the hallway between classes, or something of equal earth-shattering magnitude. It's ridiculous, but it's the way it is. I guarantee every single person posting here did something just as cringeworthy at some point between the ages of 11 and 14. Most of us are just glad we lived in an age before camcorders and YouTube were there to memorialise it for all eternity.

b i o n i c
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
this must be what sports fans look like to people who arent

YoungRemy
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
"Eff American Idol!"

that is fucking hilarious

Caribou
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I guarantee every single person posting here did something just as cringeworthy at some point between the ages of 11 and 14.

I was quite an embarrassing person around that age, but I've never been able to produce screams like that. People who do tend to slightly frighten me.

Matt
12-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I will never have children.

By choice, of course.

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 03:39 PM
seriously though, if you allow your children to become so very fanatical over something so completely vacuous, you deserve to be slapped.

ToucanSpam
12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
While I disagree with the proposed equation, these children are far too invested in David Archuleta...maybe to an unhealthy degree.

ms.peachy
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
seriously though, if you allow your children to become so very fanatical over something so completely vacuous, you deserve to be slapped.

Ha ha ha, I love that you think parents have any control whatsoever as to what prepubescent girls will obsess over. It's very cute. You should totally print that comment out and keep it in your wallet, so you can pull it out and read it again someday if you are so blessed as to be the father of a 12 year old girl. It will be just the laugh you need.

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
as cute as it may sound, good parents actually do exist.

ms.peachy
12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
as cute as it may sound, good parents actually do exist.

It's nothing to do with good parenting, it has to do with developmental psychology. This is the way girls are at this age. Note that I said nothing about being able to control what your child buys, where they go, who they associate with, etc - I said what they obsess over. You might find this hard to believe, but you will not be able to control your child's thoughts. Not unless you are a very very bad parent, indeed.

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
its not about control, its about influence and self-motivation. there are actually children out there who don't grow up this way. it has a lot to do with good parenting. its not inevitable.

MC Moot
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
You might find this hard to believe, but you will not be able to control your child's thoughts. Not unless you are a very very bad parent, indeed.

Word is born,born is word...(y)

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Word is born,born is word...(y)

the phrase is 'word is bond'

MC Moot
12-01-2008, 04:31 PM
the phrase is 'word is bond'

You're begining to tire me kid...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=word%20is%20born

ms.peachy
12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
its not about control, its about influence and self-motivation. there are actually children out there who don't grow up this way. it has a lot to do with good parenting. its not inevitable.

What do you mean by "grow up this way"? These girls are not grown up. They are doing what girls of this age do. It is a natural and normal stage of development, to get all hyped up about some idealised crush and swoon with your girlfriends in a ridiculous way. You have no idea what else any of them do, what their parents are like, what school subjects they excel in, what sports they play, what hobbies they have, etc. Every one of those girls is far more complex than that tiny snippet shows, I promise you. But they are allowed to have alittle fun, and for girls this age, this is part of how they have fun. It's social bonding, it's about working out who you are in the crowd, and it is about a time in your life when something like this really should be just about the biggest worry you have - because the real world, with all its troubles, lies just around the corner.

You may, as a result of your far superior parenting skills, somehow manage to raise a child who is never ever interested in things you as an adult consider trivial and unimportant, and who spends every minute of their lives engaged in thoughtful pursuit of lofty goals. But that sound pretty joyless to me. Personally, when my daughter is that age, I fully expect her to take great pleasure in things I find inane. Because she is a child, one on the verge of discovering who she is as an individual, and I bloody well hope she enjoys herself along the way - even if the things she enjoys are utterly ridiculous.

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
you need to READ, emeril.

READ (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Word+is+Bond)

READ (http://web2.htrigg.smu.edu/~dcwww2/HTMLPages/Fall00/10-11-00/comm2_101100.html)

READ (http://www.rapdict.org/Word_is_bond)

READ (http://board.rapmusic.com/12432216-post10.html)

:rolleyes:

now go cook me some canelloni

MC Moot
12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
you need to READ, emeril.

READ (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Word+is+Bond)

READ (http://web2.htrigg.smu.edu/~dcwww2/HTMLPages/Fall00/10-11-00/comm2_101100.html)

READ (http://www.rapdict.org/Word_is_bond)

READ (http://board.rapmusic.com/12432216-post10.html)

:rolleyes:

now go cook me some canelloni

You're pickin at nits which is not uncommon for a guerilla...my words are my words,you can't one up that...so cut it pane bianco...read it again:

"word is born"

Not in fact a misunderstanding of "word is bond". It means that something is a new and important idea. It has been in common usage at least since the release of the aptly titled Run DMC song "Word is Born" (1990).

kaiser soze
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
man...I pray for the ears of those hanging out with these girls. Some kids are a bit over the top but I don't know if they can control it.

They have perma-cotton in their ears during these moments, it is cathartic...releasing emotions they just can't sort out normally. This is Beatle's mania syndrome.

My nephew was insane playing spoons this Thanksgiving, I don't think he was even aware of his outbursts, immaturity, and one-sided judgment while playing. It is a way for them to assert their existence in an adult world and an excellent test of an adult's patience.

Sounds like ms. peachy will be quite the understanding parent (y)

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
you've make it about "superior" vs. inferior, not me. i just think kids should be thought to think independently. yes, i don't have a small baby that gives me all the authority or unquestionable knowledge about human teen psychology and all-things-parenting over people who don't have a baby, but i disagree with you.

raising media smart kids (http://www.parentingteensonline.com/article/show/title/The_Impact_of_Media__Teaching_Teens_to_Think_for_T hemselves/page/1)

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM

go make me some canelloni i said, and don't bring me no wacky manicottis. canellonis for my boy sol in the army wit salamis

MC Moot
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
^Bionic on a dinner date with his old lady… (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtmOTYmVNII):rolleyes:

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
lol

b i o n i c
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
i take it back, that took you a half an hour to find. that negates the lol.

ms.peachy
12-02-2008, 02:08 AM
you've make it about "superior" vs. inferior, not me. i just think kids should be thought to think independently. yes, i don't have a small baby that gives me all the authority or unquestionable knowledge about human teen psychology and all-things-parenting over people who don't have a baby, but i disagree with you.
[/URL]

I absolutely agree with you that kids should be taught to think independently. No question. And a part of that, as a parent, is understanding that as our children develop into these autonomous individuals, they are going to:
- like music that you think is shit
- like television that you think is shit
- like movies that you think are shit
and so forth. What exactly is it in that clip of those girls that they were doing, that you think is so very wrong or inappropriate to their age? OK, they are getting needlessly overwrought about American Idol. Big deal. If it wasn't American Idol, it would be something else. When I was that age, it was me and my girlfriends rushing home from school to be able to watch Rick Springfield on General Hospital. When my sister was that age, it was New Kids on the Block. Are these interests silly and immature? Yes of course. That is the point. My god, have you never seen the Simpsons episode where Lisa gets hooked on the Cory hotline?

Of course it is important to raise media-savvy children. Teaching critical thinking skills is vital. But so is allowing them to go through the normal stages of emotional development and allowing them to find outlets for the surges of feeling they are unable to articulate rationally, without making them feel badly about themselves for liking the things they do.

Dorothy Wood
12-02-2008, 03:09 AM
although embarrassing, I think peachy is right about the behavior of those girls being fairly normal. also, the mom comes in at one point to try to calm them down and questions why they are freaking out so much.

you can tell in the video that they are just trying to figure out who they are, they all have the same hair, similar clothing, their reactions are feeding off of each other.

none of this changes the fact that teenage girls are the worst. it's just how it is. usually they grow out of it.

TurdBerglar
12-02-2008, 03:42 AM
i grew up with a lot of females in my family and friends of my family. behavior like those girls would have not been tolerated. the girls i grew up with were never like that, though. they weren't obsessed with some useless dumb shit on tv. they weren't treated like pretty little useless princesses. they were outside riding bikes and skateboards with the boys.

and one more thing... why are girl toys all about taking care of babies, cleaning the house, and dressing up being all pretty? all typical girl activities involve not leaving the house and being useless. you don't leave the house and play, you don't learn. girls aren't given a fair shot at being themselves compared to boys from the very beginning and it turns them into these girls.

ms.peachy
12-02-2008, 05:49 AM
What a load of bollocks. Have you been shopping for girl's toys recently?

edited to add: still lol'ing at "behavior like that would not have been tolerated". Guess none of the girls you knew growing up ever went to pajama parties, or got ready for school dances over each other's houses, or just hung out and read magazines and stuff together without boys around.

Caribou
12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
What a load of bollocks. Have you been shopping for girl's toys recently?

I have, and it's quite sad. The first thing you see when you walk in the store is the make-up and jewellery section. That didn't exist when I was a kid.
Also shows/dolls like Bratz give girls an entirely wrong message. Those shows teach kids it's alright to be completely shallow and to gossip about people. Because you HAVE to look good. Omg, what if you don't look like a princess... then, like, the boys won't wanna date you, omg!
And then I see magazine adverts for childrens clothes, and the girls are dressed like adults and have to look 'sexy'. It's absolutely sickening.

I get to see a lot of kidsshows nowadays, because I have a 3-year-old niece, and everything is just...crap. The shows I grew up with were all quite innocent, set in fantasy worlds and with a strong moral. Now it's all about popularity. It's just not right imo.

ms.peachy
12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Well then I gotta say, you are inhabiting a totally different kid-world to the one my daughter lives in. I see tons of tech toys, sports gear, science kits, etc aimed at girls every day. And the kids clothes around here look like kid's clothes, and there are no Bratz in this house.

All of which, incidentally, is entirely irrelevant to to my core point, which again is, those girls in that video are acting in a way that is entirely appropriate to their age and stage. The ages of 9-12 are all about beginning the process of separating oneself from ones primary self-identification unit (i.e., parents and the immediate family unit) and developing a sense of autonomy through identification with other social groups, gaining (or losing) self esteem through success (or failure) in negotiating the patterns of interaction amongst peers. But what would I know about it, I'm just a parent of a girl, and who has a degree in developmental psychology and works with adolescents for a living, what would I know about these things :rolleyes:

b i o n i c
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
just having a baby isnt a qualification. and there are other (well) educated people here. just sayin(y)

YoungRemy
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
the discussions caused by the video in this thread are a bit baffling to me.
that was a harmless vid of kids being kids, it was interesting look into child psychology, but to me it wasn't a lesson in parenting or a reason to not have kids or anything like that. I thought that mother did a fine job of just sitting down and talking with her daughter and her friends, but letting them have their emotional breakdowns...

it was a American Idol party, what is the big fucking deal here?

I've seen grown men react worse when their favorite team loses a big game...

b i o n i c
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
i started out being sarcastic, i thought that was clear

QueenAdrock
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
just having a baby isnt a qualification. and there are other (well) educated people here. just sayin(y)

Yeah, but having a degree in developmental psychology and working with teens everyday are pretty damn good qualifications.

Honestly, I do agree with Peachy though. I'm just curious of how you're supposed to "stop" kids from being fanatical over things they like. I was obsessed pretty badly with the Beastie Boys from age 13 - 16 (thus me being here). My parents couldn't do anything to stop it, and even if they tried, I still would have done it in secret. I just don't see what the problem is. If the girls are about to perform a ritualistic suicide over their American Idol not winning, then I'd be worried. What they're doing is just being upset and grieving over their person not winning, that's all.

Like Remy said, I have seen full-grown men have the same reaction to their team lose the Super Bowl. Should I slap their parents for letting them be so fanatical?

Dorothy Wood
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I've seen grown men react worse when their favorite team loses a big game...

ah, good observation!

I'd just like to say that maybe the guys in this thread don't realize that this kind of behavior usually happens behind closed doors at slumber parties. when I was a lil muffin, I was always outside bmxing and skateboarding and playing tag and hunting ghosts and building forts and doing science experiments...but that doesn't mean I didn't go apeshit at the New Kids on the Block concert. sometimes you just get caught up in the fervor, man.

now if these girls went on crying all night and went into deep depressions on account of this david character, we should be concerned. but I'm willing to bet they got over it pretty quickly and moved on squealing about the guy from Twilight.

b i o n i c
12-02-2008, 11:51 PM
while there are many talented ones out there, there were plenty of vapid teachers/counselors/"experts" in every school i've been in. (no i didnt go to shitty schools) they don't all speak as one, a degree doesnt make one infallable. and maybe peachy is right, but the listed credentials don't make her any more so to me

like i said
this must be what sports fans look like to people who arent

and i have said it before... i wholeheartedly believe maniacal sports fans are really dumb. don't get me wrong, i love me a good game, but dudes whose wardrobe consists mainly of team hats of different colors, jerseys of all styles, football license plate frames. i own a few, im talking about the maniac hoarder fanatics. the ones you see referred to so fondly on tv because its big business. give me a break! its the same shit.

and i didnt say "stop" kids. youre right, at this point you can't stop it. this is what i meant about bringing them up right, so that they don't want to act like such retards. i didnt say "control" kids either, you can only make a person want to do something.

... their reactions are feeding off of each other.

thats kind of what made me raise an eyebrow. the one girl, with glasses i think, you can kind of see her not knowing how to act at first. if that girl was alone she might just shrug her shoulders and change the channel. she's just (unconsciously?) copying what everyone else is doing. yes, i guess thats what people do, but there are leaders and there are followers. obviously the leader in this situation was the dumbest one.

none of this changes the fact that teenage girls are the worst. it's just how it is. usually they grow out of it.

this just happens to be about girls, but boys can be just if not MORE dumb at that age. shrieking girl voices are more annoying though.

truthfully, this discussion did get bigger than the video itself but i like discussions so whatever(y) aint no thang but a chicken wang