PDA

View Full Version : The Mix-Up remix album

MCScoobyT
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
What happened to it? It was such a cool idea to let friends of the Beasties remix and add vocals to each track. Why hasn't there been any news on it? Is it dead? Wasn't it going to come out before the 'new' album?

Micodin
12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
It has been abandoned. I believe a couple of the Boys confirmed this in interviews during the Rock The Vote shows.

Kid Presentable
12-14-2008, 09:53 PM
What happened to it? It was such a cool idea to let friends of the Beasties remix and add vocals to each track. Why hasn't there been any news on it? Is it dead? Wasn't it going to come out before the 'new' album?

I thought it was shitty idea and was glad they abandoned it. It would be hard to take the Mix Up seriously if they felt the need to keep fucking with it.

It would be cool if they paid some mind to the concept and made a new Beastie Boys track sampling a bunch of pieces of The Mix Up, which they then rhymed over.

Kid Presentable
12-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh yeah The Mix Up was universally praised at my most recent BBQ. My charcoaled sausage of a heart be damned, the album won the evening.

Micodin
12-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I have a playlist list The Mix-Up and all the b-sides on my iPod. I play it at work all the time. It's the one playlist that is guaranteed not to offend anyone with swearing.

gbsuey
12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I thought it was shitty idea and was glad they abandoned it. It would be hard to take the Mix Up seriously if they felt the need to keep fucking with it.

It would be cool if they paid some mind to the concept and made a new Beastie Boys track sampling a bunch of pieces of The Mix Up, which they then rhymed over.

If it's not broke don't fix it i say-think i may have said that already

YoungRemy
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I believe the official count of re-mixed tunes is 2.5

1 by Snoop, 1 by Jarvis Cocker and 1/2 by M.I.A.

b i o n i c
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
there are also probably a coupla remixes of it in the bboys remix forum. and if not, why don't you fuckers make one?!

dave790
12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
chuck em away as b-sides or something, if the b-side concept is still alive.

MCScoobyT
12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
there are also probably a coupla remixes of it in the bboys remix forum. and if not, why don't you fuckers make one?!

Motherfucker or sisterfucker you choose.

Cosmo and I both remixed TMU with guest vocals over a year ago.

Why don't you fuckers go do load it?

Any who the official TMU remix LP was a cool idea the shouldn't be abandoned, and it in in no way would undermine the original LP.