PDA

View Full Version : Eminem / 50 / Dre "Crack a Bottle"

roosta
01-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I like the beat but this is kinda shit. I can imagine the hook being amazingly annoying soon.

I was glad to hear Eminem was going back to his "old style" but then i realised i liked Slim Shady when i was 18, it doesn't really do much for me any more.

Link (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/148285-new-music-eminem-ft-dr-dre-and-50-cent-crack-a-bottle-mp3-stream)

RobMoney$
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
i liked Slim Shady when i was 18, it doesn't really do much for me any more.

Great point.

The thing that's really sad is that Eminem apparently has matured or progressed in his life or his music since then.

I bet the album will have Ken Kaniff skits.

checkyourprez
01-08-2009, 12:16 AM
i like

DJ_Skrilla
01-08-2009, 05:10 AM
i like

i like it, but the beat isnt that epic, but any beat that dre rocks is ill. I cant wait for relapse or detox.... I mean the albums,
but I should prolly goto both. :)

checkyourprez
01-08-2009, 06:59 AM
at least it sounds more like eminem and not triumph the insult dog rapping.

Lex Diamonds
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Em is clearly making a conscious effort to resurrect his earlier style, and for me it's easily one of his best songs since The Eminem Show (which was the negative turning point in his career).

However he doesn't have the genuine hunger and raw talent that made his first few releases so sick... at one point he was the best lyricist in the game and nothing he's gonna release now can match that.

Hopefully the album will be good enough that he can then end his career on a respectable plain. I don't wanna see him embarass himself thinking he's a thug again like he did before he dropped out last time.

Kid Presentable
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Em is clearly making a conscious effort to resurrect his earlier style, and for me it's easily one of his best songs since The Eminem Show (which was the negative turning point in his career).

However he doesn't have the genuine hunger and raw talent that made his first few releases so sick... at one point he was the best lyricist in the game and nothing he's gonna release now can match that.

Hopefully the album will be good enough that he can then end his career on a respectable plain. I don't wanna see him embarass himself thinking he's a thug again like he did before he dropped out last time.
You're basing this on very little though. I'd wait for the albums.

Lex Diamonds
01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
True it is based on a little but this is what he chose for us to hear, after months of work. He knew people would be waiting on a drop and this is the song he put forward. I'm not saying its great or even that impressive, but it's not bad and that's the main thing.

On a side note, the lyrics themselves are pretty weak on paper. He's sacrificing meaning for flow, and not in a quirky Lil Wayne way, just in a bloated aging white rapper way.

Kid Presentable
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
True it is based on a little but this is what he chose for us to hear, after months of work. He knew people would be waiting on a drop and this is the song he put forward. I'm not saying its great or even that impressive, but it's not bad and that's the main thing.

On a side note, the lyrics themselves are pretty weak on paper. He's sacrificing meaning for flow, and not in a quirky Lil Wayne way, just in a bloated aging white rapper way.

The crack a bottle shit was leaked, and I'm guessing it won't be on an official release as a result. That other freestyle was pretty innocuous, I mean without fanfare and such attached to either piece of work I'd take them with a grain of salt. That said, the albums may confirm what you're thinking.

Lex Diamonds
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm just speculating, I thought that's what music forums were for. My mistake, in future I will deal only in facts.

Kid Presentable
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm just speculating, I thought that's what music forums were for. My mistake, in future I will deal only in facts.

You can't discuss anything, that's your problem.

Lex Diamonds
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah, OK.

Kid Presentable
01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
What'll be interesting is if he goes back that "kill a bitch" shit. To a 17 year old girl (who I'm assuming would be in the market for eminem now along with existing/curious fans/ex fans) the threat of death probably sounds pretty believable coming from a dude in his mid-30s.

cubsfirstplace
01-09-2009, 01:50 AM
its not bad. 50 cent should have been replaced by the game though.

rirv
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Because rap is barely 25 years old we haven't really seen what happens when rappers really grow old. Like Paul McCartney is still doing concerts around the world. What is 50 Cent going to do when he's 60? Probably be about 23 stone. Anyway, yeah The Game > 50 Cent.

mickill
01-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Anybody remember this? (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=f7vSzgDhF3Y)

cubsfirstplace
01-24-2009, 03:42 PM
wow i never thought i'd say this, but dre is a thief!

Lex Diamonds
01-25-2009, 02:19 AM
It's called sampling. Get used to it, because if you're going to start listening to hip-hop there's plenty more where that came from!

Kid Presentable
01-25-2009, 07:44 AM
It's a lot better than my glue-sniffing yoke the joker link

roosta
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
It's called sampling. Get used to it, because if you're going to start listening to hip-hop there's plenty more where that came from!

in fairness there's sampling, then there's flipping a sample the exact same way within a couple of years..

Micodin
01-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't mind the beat and lyrics.

The hook is horrid.

And, 50 sounds like his mouth is full of penis.

Kid Presentable
01-25-2009, 08:06 PM
wow i never thought i'd say this, but dre is a thief!

It's interesting (not really lol) but he always had 'parallelled' at least one well-known track on the last two albums (albeit ones not as old) - Missing Linx sampled the same part of The Edge that Dre did for 2001, and obviously the Big Sur Suite piece that wound up Pass the Mic turned up on The Chronic - maybe a different part of the record, but you get the point.

It's not that I could accuse him of outright thieving; he's definitely got his ears on something though.

Cap'n Crunch
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
annoying hook....really annoying

checkyourprez
01-31-2009, 01:07 AM
i enjoy the hook. dont love it, but its catchy.

taquitos
01-31-2009, 04:16 AM
hey it's captain crunch!!

i like the cereal, i've never understood the people who say it cuts the roof of tier mouth, my mouth has a top not a roof anyway!